xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6698
Running out of time....whenever some goes prone and roll they shoot me with one click and i'm dead even though i'm punping ammo in them with pkm
$kelet0r
+16|6682
so?
improve your aim
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Running out of time....whenever some goes prone and roll they shoot me with one click and i'm dead even though i'm punping ammo in them with pkm
Might be your ping. . .

It happens a lot to me with all weapons. Even if I flank the guy. I aim and unload a clip, he jumps then turns around then it's 1 shot and I am dead. I check my ping and every time his is lower than mine.

If I am just over a 100 (ping) and he has about half (around 50-60 ping) and it's a close quarter fire-fight, him against me and we both know each others posistion - I am usually the dead one.

Once I was on a server and (my ping was low about 46) and I spot a sniper, while I am a sniper, and he spots me. I shoot first but no hit registers. He shoots but I moved so he misses. I shoot again dead in the middle of his chest as he stands up but again no hit registers. I shoot again looks like a hit but it is a miss. He shoots I now have 2 bars left. I shoot again - he shoots another shot and I am dead.

I check his ping. It's 6! I am like WTF! My ping is never that low.

It's pretty simple the guy with lower ping registers his hits on the server first. That is just the way it goes for on-line games. Also it is a little like shooting into the past for you as well. His movements take more time to update at your end (client-end of the client-server relationship). Those slight delays and split-second timings can mean a lot when you're posistion is known.

So. . .

Check your PING. . . if it isn't that - he might be better + the G36 is a more accuracte weapon. In most cases for me though - it has been PING.

Last edited by topal63 (2006-03-21 09:34:56)

Herackles
+33|6626
If you put the pedal to the medal on most guns, they will wildly miss their targets.  Unless you're a foot away from them, I'd suggest firing in short sustained bursts.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

no it seems like that
but after a bit of a lan at a mates one night we realise that they are actually pumping the rounds in.

i hate it when that happens though.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6722
Its a ping-thing indeed.
if your ping is 200 and your opponents ping is 50, you have to be 4 times faster/smarter/more accurate or more lucky.
Better, be  a Lucky Luke and shoot faster than your own shadow; that cowboy has  a ping of  - 50. 

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2006-03-21 12:26:01)

HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6709|Germany
Now another interesting question on that topic...What effect has the "graphic ping" on the whole story ?
Means, if your GC is to slow for your settings. Does this have an effect on the "one shot kills" ?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6674|Canada Eh?
One Three shot burst from the G36E kills in the head, it takes two bursts to kill in the torso
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
i get pretty mad at the g36e, i once thought "why the hell did they have to make special forces"

Then i think how thinking that would make me a complaning noobler, so as soon as i get my last expert kit "support" im spending the rest of my days as infantry with the g36e, to get my revenge ^_^
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord
I think this is likely a ping issue too.

Just the other day I got the drop on someone at the head of the stairs above Market in Karkand, I was either standing or crouching, definitely not prone and this was unzoomed. He comes into view, I start unloading at pretty much point-blank range with the PKM (like a body length at most) and he kills me with what seems like a single shot or short burst with the SAW or G36. Unless there was something fishy going on it's simply that he killed me before four shots hit his chest, simple as that - I couldn't possibly have missed even with the standing deviation at that range I think (?) At the time I was "No goddamn way!" but hey, that's online gaming for ya.

I do have to wonder about the shooting into history bit, I used to play UT on a 56k modem on a bad phone line which resulted in godawful ping (regularly above 500 but commonly about 350ish) and you had to lead targets - this is with guns that have no time-to-target built into the bullets. Here, since you can aim at someone running 50m away and kill them I can't see that there should be such a discrepancy but then again maybe this guy's ping was single digits and mine was 30-60. I'll try and check next time, it's the most likely explanation.
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6739|San Diego
Yeah,  I hope it is ping,  not how the game is designed.  My ping is always 230 - 300,  and just a few days ago,  I saw a medic behind the TV station in Sharqi,  and I drop a GP-30 gernade round like 2 feet from him which explodes at his feet,  he doesnt die,  and I give him 2 shots in semi auto that DOES register from my AK-101,  he turns around,  and he kills me with one burst from his G36E.  I was like "no....way"

When I use the G36E,  I dont seem to get one shot kills either...I think its ping.

I also find that,  that my computer lags every time I switch from semi auto to full auto,  it takes like 5 seconds to switch from semi to full.
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY
I would say that it is a ping issue but I have this happen to me all the time, and my ping is in the lower 50s to mid 50s.  It seems that EA has given the advantage to people who prone/roll and shoot.  I was talking to my clan about this the other day.  It would be better if the person who was rolling screen would also "roll" or at least have them less accurate for a little while, even half a second.  I hate when people prone when I start to shoot them.   This is the 1.21 version of bunny hopping to not being killed.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
I killed a guy with one burst while he was running the other day while using the G36E. It is very accurate, and fairly powerful. One click is actually 3 rounds, and that's all it takes if they hit you in the head.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i get pretty mad at the g36e, i once thought "why the hell did they have to make special forces"

Then i think how thinking that would make me a complaning noobler, so as soon as i get my last expert kit "support" im spending the rest of my days as infantry with the g36e, to get my revenge ^_^
completely of subject, but i like ur sig, i like it alot!
numbnuts
+2|6614
its a game of luck not skill then. makes all these statistics a complete waste of time, not to mention they have almost certainly cheated anyway. from what ive seen theres more cheats than honest players in BF2.
numbnuts
+2|6614
im so used to people jumping to avoid fire i can track them easier, more predictable. i can keep the crosshair on their tiny heads np. then you wait for their mate to come and heal them and you get two jumping faggots that are going down.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

What sucks is when people jump out of nowhere, do these James Bond rolling maneuvers, and kill you in one shot with the G36E. EA should've taken a page from America's Army and put the rolling animation in for the first-person view. So when other players see you roll, your FP view rolls too.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

Adams_BJ wrote:

completely of subject, but i like ur sig, i like it alot!
many do
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA

g36e is medic g36"c" is the special forces
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6720|Scotland
IMO, I get pretty hacked off with the special forces wepons that people bring into Core bf2. It hacks me off, and I had the same ping as this guy and finally managed to kill him eve though he had a "SCAR-L", wahtever the fuck that is, and I picked it up.

Looked pretty impressive tbh, so I took a few shots at this guy with this gun and none of the shots hit.

If you ask my opinion, I think since Special Forces is classed as a mod, I think it adds some sort of aiming fix to these weapons, anyone agree?
BudRell
+2|6837|Home
A few things....

1. It surely is the latency that kills you in duel.
I usually have "ping" at 30...60 and sometimes when I have to take duel with "server guys" none of my shots seem to hit and I get popped out. That's because those "server guys" have "ping" at MAX. 30
The interpolation (and extrapolation...) sucks in BF2.
If it was made better, there would be no "uber-skilled" wonder-boys.

2. Because of the latency, the interpolation and the extrapolation they should NOT do any "aiming fix" for the guns. It wouldn't make any difference.
Some players would still have lower latency than others ---> they would still see you 1st and start shooting. 
It's worst when "low pinger" is moving and you try to hit him...NO WAY without luck.
If someone says "it's not luck", I say fuck off. It's pure luck.
You should calculate those inter- and extrapolations in your head during the game play and make your shot according to that if someone could say "it's skill".

P.S. If I had more than 100ms latency, I would stay out from any internet game. Do someone really think that   with 200ms latency it's ok to play.
To those : GO TO WORK OR SPANK YOUR MONKEY. It is NOT allowed to play multiplayer games if you live in SIBERIA or MIDDLE EAST.

Last edited by BudRell (2006-03-25 23:32:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard