TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6625|Gold Coast, Australia
Commonwealth Games SUCK!, even though im australian, i think its just another reason to give australian sports men/women a gold medal. Its really just a one sided competition.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6730|Uhh... erm...
Compete not for the medals, compete for the sake of competing. Isn't Yoda-talking fun?

You gotta admit, the gymnastics are awesome from all countries.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia

.:[CarelesS]:. wrote:

i think its just another reason to give australian sports men/women a gold medal.
I aint Complaining
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Just saw the 1500 final - the highlight of any sporting event. Fucking amazing race, had everything in it. It was a shame the English guy fell over and brought the Australian favourite down with him, and that Kenyan dude decided to try taking off his shoes, (he managed to get one off,) but Nick Willis! Fucking legend! A brilliant race and I definatly think that even if the Aussie hadn't tripped Willis would have won, (although don't try getting the Aussie to admit it.)

Anyway, Nick Willis picking up another Gold for New Zealand in the greatest event I've seen so far.

Netball final today. Should be intence - a New Zealand Australia final. The Silver Ferns are the favourites but Aussies always like to upset, especially on their home turf. Sarah Ulmer goes for gold today in the road race, (she was Athens track race gold medalist,) and Greg Henderson. We've got a squash team in a final against Austaralia, and a squash team in a bronze medal match with Australia. There's a badminton team in a final against England and i think that's the last hope for the New Zealand team. Hoping for a good day today.

Nick Willis, you fucking rule!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6733|cairns australia
sorry tyferra but craig mottram would have owned him. his pb is way better than the kiwi guys.but good on him,you can only beat who is there to beat:D
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Would so not have won. It was unfortunate he tripped because there's not much of an argument either way. He was fifth though when he tripped, and yes he was just about to make his move, but did you see how far Nick Willis finished in front? Mottram would have come second or third, but Nick Willis deserves that victory and would have taken Mottram out anyway, dispite the fact that he was the favourite. Personal Bests don't matter in final events. Kudos to Mottram for getting up and finishing though.

I don't think you should take it away from Willis. He ran an excellent race and deserved the win, much more than Mottram. Cool thing is he's from Lower Hutt, which is where I hail from. Then again NZ is a pretty small country.

I'm sure the Aussies don't mind forfieting a gold medal. What's the count? Comfortably above seventy right? I saw the Aussies finish first and third in the mens cycling. By the volume of cheers and boos I heard from the Aussie supporters it seems there will never be enough gold medals.

Yeah, I heard the Aussie fans roar their disaproval at Nick Willis winning. That was pretty sad, I mean it wasn't his fault Mottram tripped.

I also watched the Netball, which NZ managed to scoop another Gold medal. Heard the absoloute roar of the crowd whenever Australia scored, (55 deafening roars,) and the boos when one of the Kiwi girls obstructed or contacted, or indeed whenever anything went against Australia. The best boos came when Irene Van Dyke our Shooter got pissed off at the Aussie GD and snatched the ball roughly away from her when a penalty was called. The boos were amazing! The last boo was ten seconds from the end of the game when two of the Kiwi girls were just passing the ball back and fourth to take up time. They heralded the boo and passed it to Van Dyke who scored again for a comfortable five point win.

Trans-Tasman rivalry - gotta love it.

Just please don't bring out Delta Goodwin, to sing "Advance Australia Fair." At the closing ceremony. Seriously, I can't think of anything worse.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia
Damn that English bloke that bought down Mottram I was pissed off. Was just strating his surge wouldve hit the front easy. Nothing away from the Zealand bloke but he had nothing.

Damn those Silver ferns Tyf, Too strong. Austalia I feel are in a process of rebuilding. Just need someone to stop Irene Van Dyke. Davu is a rough bitch.

A young Canadian girl in the rythmic Gymnastics won 6 Gold medals. A nice effort, should have a parade in her honor when she gets back home.

An absolute great 11 days, some entertaining stuff, some boring stuff (re. Squash).

Australia the kings of the Commonwealth.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard