madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6709|Sweden
About the tunes I go all out on Survivor and all that rocky theme when i feel for music also Trance/Techno i usually dislike that kind but the beat haves a nice flow when running.

Morning jogs are abit indivudal if you like em do em but you shouldnt do any harder excersice without any real food. eating a breakfast an hour before going out wont do much since it takes alot longer for the body to load up that as real enery so your energy-depos are fairly low hence not to go kamikazee with your training. ( jogging is perfectly fine )

I think some says you´ll burn more fat early since you dont have "any" energy" to start with but thats nothing i would pay attention to for you to gain any real effects on the fat you need to stay out for long. Fat burn doesnt kick in after 30 minutes training or similar. ( when your going 1-2h + you need to add energy or at least it serves it purpose your body will start breaking down muscles ( protein ) instead as energy.

Dont take that as facts i just types things i think sounds reasonable i have read/heard it somewhere.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Zimmer wrote:

Why don't you run somewhere else than the track? Try the city or a suburb or something. It's usually more enjoyable and interesting.
Exactly. I hated running on a track. Grab some tunes and enjoy the scenery.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dookie0119
+43|5777
Go to the nearest park and practice running there for like 5 minutes, then every time you go again, increse the time by 2 minutes.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
I don't go out of my way to run, and I don't plan on running any time soon. I'm in shape from 3 practices a week, my last 5km run ( about 5 months) ago I did in 20 minutes. That's without any preparation or whatever. Just some good music and a 10/10 on my report card lol. I love the feeling of exhausting you get after an intensive run. You can hardly stand on your legs and have to sit down. Awesome. I don't have any special running shoes.. just my pair of outdoor shoes.

I'm thinking of starting to run a bit more though, I'm in fairly well shape, and tbh, I'm fast but I guess there's nothing wrong with running a bit more...

Last edited by Jebus (2009-04-04 02:18:39)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

madmurre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Ty wrote:

Wise words.

Track running is boring as batshit. Run somewhere interesting. If you're concerned that you want be able to know how far you've been take a car and plot the distance out or alternatively there is some prety nifty mapping software out there; that's how a mate of mine maps out his runs.

Also 5kms isn't much at all, my suggestion is to not "build up" but actually just go for the full distance. 1.6kms three times a week will not improve your fitness, it's simply too little. If you still want to run a short distance though time yourself. For 1.6kms I'd expect you to be able to do that in 8-9 minutes max at a 3/4-speed jog. Make sure you don't go above this time and try to go faster all the time. Personally when I don't have enough time for a long run I do a 2.4km time-trial - for the NZ Army the bare minimum fitness standard is to run this distance in twelve minutes or less.
If I can do 4 miles in 25 minutes at my literally shit stamina, asthma kicks in and my throat closes up, then he should definately be able to do that.
1 mile = 1.6km? than thats very decent and having asthma i would say you carry some excellent genetics. Under 4.0min/km is quite fast imo and under no circumstances shitty stamina for such a distance.
I have the advantage of being tall.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard