sermsys
+1|6661
I've discovered some command lines for BF2
+playerName "name" +playerPassword "password"

So for a quick BF2 login make your shortcut look like this:
bf2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName "name" +playerPassword "password"
Hummeth
+4|6676|Wisconsin
Didn't work for me. Dont know why.
Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
what about prefix?
sermsys
+1|6661
It is:
"Drive:"\"Your bf2 location"\bf2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName "name" +playerPassword "password"
KillBilly666
+1|6657
If you already have your prefix in the login box prior to doing this to you BF2 shortcut it will add to your name. Just make sure when you do it that there are no "" around the user name and the password and it should work just fine.
sermsys
+1|6661
exactly!   In order to add/change your prefix just log out and set it up.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6680|South Korea.
Works like a charm.
Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
hmm doesnt work for me  so i just paste the command line +restart 1 +playerName "name" +playerPassword "password"  and no "" stuff right?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6680|South Korea.

Maj.Do wrote:

hmm doesnt work for me  so i just paste the command line +restart 1 +playerName "name" +playerPassword "password"  and no "" stuff right?
No leave it in, here is mine...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName "CitizenTwo" +playerPassword "yourpassgoeshere"

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-31 07:19:24)

Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
oh wiat it works now i removed the "" (did it before) but had some space between some of the words
Gam Man
+5|6759
Noob Question:

How and where would you use this?
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6801|New York
right click the "2" sign on your desktop, assuming it's on your desktop as a shortcut, and hit Properties.

Change the "Target" line to what he wrote in the post.
Chowley
+1|6717|Ireland
Will doing this work for Special forces as well ?

I mainly play SF and I looked for an SF exe but obviously there is none . Sooo im puzzled
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6792
In my command line I put fullscreen 0 to run BF2 in a window.  It's a lot less RAM-intensive, and easier to alt-tab if I have to.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6685|Westminster, Colorado

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

In my command line I put fullscreen 0 to run BF2 in a window.  It's a lot less RAM-intensive, and easier to alt-tab if I have to.
There's just something about playing a game in windowed mode that I don't like.  I can't explain it, but it just bothers me for some odd reason.

Give me the fullness of the fullscreen.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6775|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

terrafirma wrote:

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

There's just something about playing a game in windowed mode that I don't like.  I can't explain it, but it just bothers me for some odd reason.

Give me the fullness of the fullscreen.
One word:

Immersion.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6680

Sorry to drag this back up, but when I put all that in and try to apply it, it says that 'The name specified in the target box is not valid'. What am I doing wrong? I have everything in as it should be.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\bf2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName ghettoperson +playerPassword **************
Roomaster
+15|6692
thanks its great and ghetto person you need to keep the " " so yours should be....

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\bf2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName "ghettoperson" +playerPassword "whateveritis"   
i think atleast
anywyas thanks again
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6807|UK
This is a good thread so *bump*.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6680|South Korea.

Milk.org wrote:

Cuz it be in my sig mo fucker. lol

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-31 16:45:39)

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6807|UK

Citizen One wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

Yo mutha' fucker is that a bazooka in your sig? Cover me ima bout to get mah bazooka.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6680|South Korea.

Milk.org wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

Yo mutha' fucker is that a bazooka in your sig? Cover me ima bout to get mah bazooka.
Drop yo fucking gun mo fucker, I said drop yo fucking gun! lol
CenTex19D
+0|6787
works good for me , thanks
sermsys
+1|6661
C'mon guys! U can do it

Right-click ur bf2/bf2sf shortcut, after the last word put a space and paste in +restart 1 +playerName yourname +playerPassword **** (No quotes!)
So:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.EXE" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName SYSMreS +playerPassword ****

BF2SF:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.EXE" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +restart 1 +playerName SYSMreS +playerPassword ****

U can also make a batch file:
Go to BF2.exe directory, make notepad file, rename extension to .bat, type in:

start /high bf2.exe  +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 +playerName yourname +playerPassword **** ; make a shortcut to it on your desktop or replace it w/ ur current bf2 shortcut.
Add in +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 for SF.

( the /high is to improve your performance while playing (more fps)
Defiance
+438|6702

I discovered this a while ago, it's a nifty trick. I've also disabled all the startup movies, and I have a much smaller substitute menu background. And it looks better.

Here is the image that's in the background.
Here is the .bik file for it. Put it in mods/bf2/movies.

I can also make custom ones, still images or movies, and with music if you like.
PM me if you want a custom one.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-04-03 15:21:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard