Poll

What Do You Have Enhance Pointer Precision Set As:

On38%38% - 8
Off61%61% - 13
Total: 21
BENBOBBY
+14|5529|UK
Hi,

Im wondering what peoples opinions of having 'Enhance Pointer Precision' in Windows mouse settings enabled or disabled whilst playing BF2 are?

I know the general concenceous is its a bad idea to have mouse acceleration in any FPS game, but the way Ive heard Enhance Pointer Precision described is; 'its like anti-acceleration, making small movements....smaller....for enhanced precision'. So basically it filters and smooths the mouses movement, which to me sounds ideal for sniping - especially long distance headshots when you need to keep the mouse ultra steady!

I have unknowingly had it on since formatting my PC, and I gotta say now Ive disabled it temporarily even in Windows the mouse feels really twitchy and 'loose'. Perhaps I just need to get used to it again.

I know in Counter Strike theres an option to enable a Mouse Filter to smooth out mouse movement, so must be advantageous to some FPS gamers, so maybe us BF2 players should filter our movements too?

BENBOBBY.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Pointer Precision is the worst thing for mice since the Logitech Marble.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
baggs
+732|6174
I do not use any kind of enhancement/filter. Each to their own tho, if you find it helps, why not use it
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Yea I would turn it off, I would turn off any mouse acceleration, mouse smoothing, mouse precision, enhancing etc and use low sensitivity for accuracy. For sniping I use 1 below middle on Windows sens, 400dpi and 0.4 sens in BF2 that way I can turn fast enough and I can comfortably move my mouse slowly 1 pixel at a time when needed rather than switching dpis etc
baggs
+732|6174

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Yea I would turn it off, I would turn off any mouse acceleration, mouse smoothing, mouse precision, enhancing etc and use low sensitivity for accuracy. For sniping I use 1 below middle on Windows sens, 400dpi and 0.4 sens in BF2 that way I can turn fast enough and I can comfortably move my mouse slowly 1 pixel at a time when needed rather than switching dpis etc
Even then you aren't very good at it

**jokes**

you are pretty good

Last edited by baggs (2009-03-31 06:49:34)

DaRkAcE
+6|6169

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

My gawd, I use 1800dpi and .2 sens in bf2.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6662|England
Mine was on by default and has been since forever :\
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
the game's already got screwed up mouse handling and acceleration, it'd be hard to give yourself a bad aim in bf2
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
off and default speed of 6/11

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard