Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698
We have a bunch of idiot running our government.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

irrrroooonnnnyyyyy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
Ah, for a minute there, I thought this was about banning cars with tacky rims, lame light kits, ridiculous suspension kits, and way too much chrome.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US
Fail...

There is a reason a large number of Americans think people in California are complete idiots.
I present to you, Exibit A.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698

FatherTed wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

irrrroooonnnnyyyyy
Genius.  I'm sure no one at all saw that one coming.  Good for you.
PureFodder
+225|6277
I keep forgetting whether California is a US state or a sitcom.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6372|MN

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/0901dnbusBCColor.2d3b24f.html
Forget the myth about black paint and hot cars .. from over two years ago.

"The exterior of a black car gets hotter than a white car, but it does not get transferred to the interior any more than in a white car," he said. "Try this experiment: Take your hand and put it on the headliner. It's not very hot. The energy that heats up the inside of a car comes through the windows."
Slightly misleading info TBH.  The cars were different models with each having the windows in a different position or tint.  The Black car having deeply tinted windows of course is going to affect the amount of heat transfered to the interior.  I don't think all the heat comes from the sheetmetal, but cannot be dismissed as having no effect. 

I remember a mythbusters where they used 2 identical cars (except for color of course).  The Black car was 9 degrees warmer than the White one.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland

Defiance wrote:

California ought to ban black interiors.
They ought to ban anything black inside cars. ANYTHING
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6540|San Diego, CA, USA
Look if you're worried about vehicles overheating because of the sun, why not just install some solar panels with a little fan?
OxenBreeder
+46|5758|KTRI

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Surely you jest? Say it isn't so Batman!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/0901dnbusBCColor.2d3b24f.html

"The exterior of a black car gets hotter than a white car, but it does not get transferred to the interior any more than in a white car," he said. "Try this experiment: Take your hand and put it on the headliner. It's not very hot. The energy that heats up the inside of a car comes through the windows."
I was just thinking that. The heat isn't going to be transfered through metal... We can definitely rule out the fact that a black paint job is going to make the engine hotter through common sense. The heat that gets inside of the car is all greenhouse effect. If they ban black cars, the state shuold be a shamed of themselves. "Welcome to America, the home of the brave and the land of the free! Just so you know, you can't own a black car, those aren't allowed."
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6513|Istanbul-Turkey
They may ban future black car sales but let current ones to stay alive. It's a fact that black gets hot sooner and more than whiter colors, forcing people to use more energy in order to cool down their car. Since global warming is getting serious year by year, every compromise is important in order to reduce CO2 emission. I cant see any advantages of driving black car except visual masturbate.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6534|Texas - Bigger than France
I think a better idea would be to get rid of airconditioners.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6632|Your moms bedroom
but will they paint the pavement white?
Pug
locoloki is racist
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6632|Your moms bedroom

Pug wrote:

locoloki is racist
but I watch Oprah every day
Pug
locoloki is actually someone's soccer Mom, patrolling this forum
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6372|MN

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I was just thinking that. The heat isn't going to be transfered through metal... We can definitely rule out the fact that a black paint job is going to make the engine hotter through common sense. The heat that gets inside of the car is all greenhouse effect. If they ban black cars, the state shuold be a shamed of themselves. "Welcome to America, the home of the brave and the land of the free! Just so you know, you can't own a black car, those aren't allowed."
Common sense please come back, I miss you.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky
Only in california...
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad
The new republic of california is at hand!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6570|Columbus, OH
Good one Kaleeforna! Aprils Fools right?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

usmarine wrote:

they want to ban black cars yet wont build that huge solar farm because it might mess with some squirrels?

god why do we let california stay in the union?
Their hot dumb chicks.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US

Kmarion wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

It's a fact that black gets hot sooner and more than whiter colors, forcing people to use more energy in order to cool down their car. Since global warming is getting serious year by year, every compromise is important in order to reduce CO2 emission.
Reading is good...
People don't care if the OUTSIDE of their car is hot.
.eLeCtRa*
intelligence⁷
+3|5498

S3v3N wrote:

Only in california...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Ottomania wrote:

They may ban future black car sales but let current ones to stay alive. It's a fact that black gets hot sooner and more than whiter colors, forcing people to use more energy in order to cool down their car. Since global warming is getting serious year by year, every compromise is important in order to reduce CO2 emission. I cant see any advantages of driving black car except visual masturbate.
If California was more serious about controlling pollution, they'd regulate emissions from power plants more rather than harass drivers and car dealerships.

Not surprisingly, power companies have equally as much lobbying power as they have energy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard