blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
Researchers at the University of Toronto traced pieces of malicious code found on more than 1,200 computers worldwide and discovered that it originated from China.

The Globe and Mail reported that the software had tapped into top secret documents from governments in 103 countries. Most troubling was the discovery of said software on the computers of Tibetan exiles, leading to the presumption that a goal of this spy campaign was to acquire information regarding the Dalai Lama.

The spy network, dubbed "GhostNet" was uncovered by Canadian researches at the Munk Institute for International Studies in the University of Toronto.

The researchers have notified international intelligence agencies and it is presumed that further investigation is being undertaken.

The Canadian researcher responsible, a Mr. Villeneuve, was sifting through approximately 1GB of indiscernable characters when he decided to paste them into Google. Upon doing so, it is reported that such action led him to one of the machines responsible for the malicious code. Upon changing a character within the code, he stumbled upon another server, in another country and so on and so forth.

https://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4066/sectiona490.jpg
source1
source2
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Zombie Wars part 3  tbh

Fucking chicoms. Always up to no good.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
What do the Candians have that the Chinese want to know?  Perhaps there's more to consider about these Canadians...and what they are hiding in American's hat.

https://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9819/2198259774baed018f2b.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
yeah ebug is one of their secret agents!!! he has mad skills
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
god damn chinese
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Sad that there's barely a whimper when the Chinese are spying on other countries, but when the United States does it I swear people think its a War Crime or something...Gee wiz.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6710|Toronto | Canada

This was on our frontpage for the U of T website earlier today
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5965|Truthistan
I found this
"GhostNet, a "cyber espioniage network," has broken into 1,295 computers in 103 countries. Canadian researchers have traced the operation to China. The Dalai Lama and NATO were among its targets."

They targeted NATO, couldn't that be considered an act of war. The US should promptly declare China to be an enemy state and repudiate all US debt held by China.... That would get us out of this recession. And the subsequent war would lead to "boom" times..... As in 80 mega ton boom.

But seriously, Los Alamos spies, cyber hacking NATO, and these guys are supposed to be our friends and good trading partners. I think the international business guys have got us in bed with our enemy, because they sure don't act like friends. I wonder what nefarious schemes they have for us if we ever agree to a world currency.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
I don't know if you know this, but we allow the U.K. to spy on some United States citizens...see we can't spy on our own citizens without alot of outcry (i.e. Bush wire-tapping), but if the Brits are doing it and share the information...*wink* *wink* *nod* *nod*
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS
woooooo..... scary!

A study commissioned by the Dalai finds a Chinese spy network! Amazing!

1. Everyone spies - 'I spy with my little eye!'
2. If this PRC intelligence spy network was discovered by a group of Uni ppl suggests that it was:
a.not very good in the first place (aka amateur - I don't see CIA or any other major intelligence agency cyber-intel network being cracked by some random Canucks)
b. meant to be found
c. just some dirt digging by ppl with vested interests.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

maffiaw wrote:

woooooo..... scary!

2. If this PRC intelligence spy network was discovered by a group of Uni ppl suggests that it was:
a.not very good in the first place (aka amateur - I don't see CIA or any other major intelligence agency cyber-intel network being cracked by some random Canucks)
b. meant to be found
Oh shut up, getting busted is the funny thing. We know gov's do shady shit. But you get caught, they know exactly what you're spying on.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

woooooo..... scary!

b. meant to be found
Oh shut up, getting busted is the funny thing. We know gov's do shady shit. But you get caught, they know exactly what you're spying on.
As I said, there is a chance the PRC network was pretty shit in the first place for it to get busted. If this is true then such an event should be an ugly wake up call for their Intel Agency to kick some internal butts into shape.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

maffiaw wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

woooooo..... scary!

b. meant to be found
As I said, there is a chance the PRC network was pretty shit in the first place for it to get busted. If this is true then such an event should be an ugly wake up call for their Intel Agency to kick some internal butts into shape.
Like taking them to the courtyard and put two in their heads?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Like taking them to the courtyard and put two in their heads?
Who knows what Intel Agencies do? They are all pretty shady. I'd think it would be a waste of talent though. But then again this could be a decoy or unofficial network.

Plus shooting people is a very inelegant and messy way of killing for spooks!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

Diesel_dyk wrote:

They targeted NATO, couldn't that be considered an act of war.
No.

Espionage (that's what it is) isn't an act of war.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
I'm sure most of the big countries in the world are doing the same thing to the PRC (at least, I'd hope so), they just don't realise it (yet)

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-04-02 04:05:23)

maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6391|Melbourne, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm sure most of the big countries in the world are doing the same thing to the PRC (at least, I'd hope so), they just don't realise it (yet)
Dude, you just let the cat out of the bag you dilly! If they didn't know before (highly doubtful that are not aware of outside espionage) they know now.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Trust the Chinese to get busted by the Canadians. seriously, no one else could fail this much (except possibly North Korea)

[Disclaimer: This is a joke, please do not be offended in anyway, however by reading this you are acknowledging that you agree with our Terms and Conditions of reading]

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2009-04-02 04:53:05)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6710|Toronto | Canada

Pochsy wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

This was on our frontpage for the U of T website earlier today
U of T foiling China again. First it was the mass of international student that were denied when they realized they cheated on language proficiency tests, now this.
Hahaha, I swear half the asians here can't speak english at all.
BVC
+325|6666
Apparently the Chinese have been caught trying to spy on the Aussie PM:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/2312013/Ch … geted-Rudd

Last edited by Pubic (2009-04-02 15:48:00)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Pubic wrote:

Apparently the Chinese have been caught trying to spy on the Aussie PM:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/2312013/Ch … geted-Rudd
Lol and apparently "Beijing is a friend of ours". My ass.
eEyOrE
LINKS 2 3 4
+14|5967|Berlin, Germany
who are these "gifted sisters"? they looking freakin hot...oh, on topic, canada rules!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard