+8|5920
Spec:

Code:

Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS5
BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB
OCZ GameXStream 600w
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 LGA775
Vista home prem
I have a sennheiser HD-202 headphones which when I plug into the headphone port (top and motherboard port) gives out a very high pitch squeal. The squeal changes tone and pauses based on something happening on the OS, EG: I close FireFox and the tone stops then carries on again.

I have just tested the speakers plugged into my machine and it also happens on there, just.. its not as noticeable, and have tried the headphones in another machine and they don't have the problem.

I am assuming this is because of a on board sound card and issues as i have disabled the sound on the OS in hardware tools and the problem still happens. How could this be fixed? Would getting new sound card work?
mikkel
+383|6608
I had the same issues with my old motherboard. Right clicking on the desktop would pause the pitch until the menu had fully loaded. I never figured out precisely what cause the interference, as I upgraded my computer soon after, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the video card or grounding issues. There are so many possible culprits when it comes to interference in a computer case, but a good first step would be to make sure that your power supply is grounded.

Last edited by mikkel (2009-03-27 15:19:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard