[zulu]steviep831
+6|6632|Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

I like to countersnipe, but ground level sniping is what i do best.
Thank you. Here's someone that understands that to be an effective sniper you can't just climb a crane or get to the top of a building. Most of the good snipers here will hardly ever be found, because they have good places to snipe from. So all the newbie whiners ranting about pkm-ing our worthles sniper asses, need to take a seat and stfu.
How effective can a sniper be on a 64 player map full of 64 players when the round is over in 20 minutes or so?  Unless you play just all urban maps, which I beleive most of the self proclaimed sniper gods do, then you are not really helping that much.  Can you kill a tank, a helo, a plane, take a flag.....no.  In my opinion, unless you play those 24/7 Karkand maps that have rounds that last for an hour or so, I am not sold on the snipers effectiveness.
Where your arguement fails is that you assume that all sniper are lone wolves. Sure there are some amazing snipers who just want to do their thing, but the really effective snipers work in squads. Are tanks, APCs and choppers a problem? Yes. But we'll have the spec op or AT guys to take out armour. We'll have the medic and support for resources and all the while the sniper is clearing the human path to capping flags. Neither do I have any qualms about going down to the flag to cap it if I have to.

If you look at my stats (as limited as they are) I like the open maps too; Kubra, Dragon, Gulf. I personally don't care for Sharqi or Karkand, though I've played my share. As far as effectiveness, you have your opinion and obviously neither me nor anyone else on this board will probably change that until you're that grunt on your way to cap a flag not knowing that there are multiple enemy soldiers waiting for you. But the all seeing sniper sees them and quickly makes waste of them. Sniper is a thankless kit and I think this is where a lot of the anti-sniper sentiment is coming from.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6640|Uk

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I have never played against a good sniper. Everyone picks that class because they want to be cool..a "leet sniper" so to speak. Yet round after round I get annoyed by constant sniper fire on me...all misses. So I have to stop what I'm doing, look at them, and put 2 shots into their head with my PKM and move on. So what are your experiences with opposing snipers?
you can tell the support is way too accurate when you can kill snipers with machine guns, but thats besides the point

you've never played against me, i seem to get so many of my kills with sniper rifle.
Buzerk1
+44|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

I like to countersnipe, but ground level sniping is what i do best.
Thank you. Here's someone that understands that to be an effective sniper you can't just climb a crane or get to the top of a building. Most of the good snipers here will hardly ever be found, because they have good places to snipe from. So all the newbie whiners ranting about pkm-ing our worthles sniper asses, need to take a seat and stfu.
How effective can a sniper be on a 64 player map full of 64 players when the round is over in 20 minutes or so?  Unless you play just all urban maps, which I beleive most of the self proclaimed sniper gods do, then you are not really helping that much.  Can you kill a tank, a helo, a plane, take a flag.....no.  In my opinion, unless you play those 24/7 Karkand maps that have rounds that last for an hour or so, I am not sold on the snipers effectiveness.
You can say the same about Medic and Support class..even assault.... none of these have a chance against a tank, a helo, a plane. So yes, Sniper have more chance to get rifle kills in City map... but it's true for the other class also...

I don't see what point you tried to make here... more people = more target. And that's true for any class...

At the end... I play all kit... They are all good...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Buzerk1 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

You can say the same about Medic and Support class..even assault.... none of these have a chance against a tank, a helo, a plane. So yes, Sniper have more chance to get rifle kills in City map... but it's true for the other class also...

I don't see what point you tried to make here... more people = more target. And that's true for any class...

My point is, one of those guys can hop on a tow, or AA.  Can a sniper in one of his good positions do that?  i like to play all kits also, and in my opinion sniping seemed to be the least effective in winning a round.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra

usmarine2005 wrote:

and in my opinion sniping seemed to be the least effective in winning a round.
but that is not what this thread is about!

like i said if it was a teamwork and flag cappign thread no snipers would post here.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

the_heart_attack wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

but that is not what this thread is about!

like i said if it was a teamwork and flag cappign thread no snipers wowuld post here.
Fair enough, but since when are the threads always on topic?
Buzerk1
+44|6835

usmarine2005 wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

My point is, one of those guys can hop on a tow, or AA.  Can a sniper in one of his good positions do that?  i like to play all kits also, and in my opinion sniping seemed to be the least effective in winning a round.
Can any of the other class can protect a flag while being at other end of the map (read claymore)? Special Op may be, but you will trigger your C4 only after you saw the flag changed.

And again... It's about using a kit for it was intend to.

And I have the feeling you think Sniper stay on the border of the map hoping someone will come by. I know I don't... I can get 8-10 kills at the first moment of a map...

As I said in a previous post... what gives bad reputation to snipers... it's those lonewolf who don't care about the team and will end up being the last one alive with no flag left and doing nothing to changed that.... Sometimes you are even forced to give away where these clowns are so the map can change. But I'm not one of those clowns.
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6664
I just know that after playing 267/420 hours on Karkand, the last 50 or so in an APC, I tend to know where snipers tend to be hiding. It baffles me to see MEC snipers take off to the left of the map, on the big hill near the USMC uncappable when our first UAV will most likely point them out. Or the countless noobs that sit up on the Square and don't move when I aim my turret at them. I love taking out claymores with my APC in a couple spots where there's always claymores. I've never understood snipers on most maps who tend to go after the same spot time after time. Maybe he's not able to get to, but that's nothing the APC splash damage hasn't taken care of.

Armor, support, medics, that's where the points are at on that map. I think Ghost Town is the only map I've seen where I could see a sniper doing a great job.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6632|Florida

banksd1983 wrote:

Armor, support, medics, that's where the points are at on that map. I think Ghost Town is the only map I've seen where I could see a sniper doing a great job.
I for one hope you and others continue to think that snipers are ineffective, because we'll continue to be the ones putting a cap in your ass and laughing as we take names.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6786|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
What's your BF2 name pollux?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

What's your BF2 name pollux?
about bloody time you showed up!!
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6645

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

I for one hope you and others continue to think that snipers are ineffective, because we'll continue to be the ones putting a cap in your ass and laughing as we take names.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

banksd1983 wrote:

I didn't say ineffective, I said the least effective of all the kits.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6651

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag. usely the team with the most snipers will not win. And if you notice the guys that are sniper are once again 90% noobies with low ranks. I do thank EA for putting the useless class in though without it I would never got my Expert knife  Expert C4 bagdes and soon expert pistal . Sniper's are the number one eazy target in battlefield and with maybe 20 to 25 guys in all of BF2 that are even good enough to play that class. I say long live the sniper has long has there on the other team it is almost like stat padding how eazy it is to kill them.

Plus how many time have you guys killed a sniper and then the dumb SOB goes right back the the same spot you just killed him.  Did I tell you how much I love my knife badge. Sniper are like crack just don't do it
Of course they are easy when they are on the ground with you and other infantry with machine guns. Get a good sniper on a hill where you dont have the slightest clue where hes at and then try to see how easy he is to kill.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6754

usmarine2005 wrote:

No. A sniper just shoots those guys in the head who hops on a TOW or an AA thus making it possible for aeroplanes and attack choppers to fly and armours, apcs and else to be safe thus HELPING THE TEAM to win...

Last edited by (HUN)Rudebwoy (2006-03-24 14:27:21)

Books_DCDF
+80|6658

Nyte wrote:

You probably haven't seen me.

I've already hunted and owned all North American snipers (That includes all the posters on BF2S).

I will admit only 1 sniper is better though: HankC (The only sniper I have met so far that has killed me more times than I killed him).
Nyte, you might be an incredible sniper for all I know.  Perhaps you're even as good as you think you are.  But please don't go spreading around misinformation about "owning" all North American snipers, because to the best of my recollection you and I have never crossed paths on any battlefield.  I won't make any claims to be a sniper god, but there are precious few snipers in the game that have killed me more than I've killed them, and you're not one of them.  Perhaps someday we'll meet up and you'll end up besting me, but until that time, please refrain from the grandiose claims.

Now, on topic, in my experience people who make claims like "snipers are useless" usually lack the skill, intelligence, and tactical understanding necessary to be good at the kit (which is arguably the most difficult kit in BF2 to be successful with).  I regularly train alongside the gentleman whom I believe to be the best sniper in the game--[GDC]SinnFein--and have played with--and against--some other incredible talents that I've developed great respect for (Death to Bunnies, ChikyuuShoujoArujuna, [38P]H MasonicInc, DirtRacer90, and mporlier among them).  If you want to see effective, USEFUL snipers who make a significant and powerful positive impact for their teams, look no further than these players.  While there are a huge number unskilled amateurs out there that give snipers a bad name, the aforementioned players are a testament to what snipers can and should be--skilled, smart, and deadly.

So, for the record, there are GOOD snipers out there, and snipers as a class aren't useless.  And as to people who believe they are . . . well, they just end up being statistics on the kill tally sheet.

Last edited by Books_DCDF (2006-03-25 08:25:54)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

Buzerk1 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Can any of the other class can protect a flag while being at other end of the map (read claymore)? Special Op may be, but you will trigger your C4 only after you saw the flag changed.

And again... It's about using a kit for it was intend to.

And I have the feeling you think Sniper stay on the border of the map hoping someone will come by. I know I don't... I can get 8-10 kills at the first moment of a map...

As I said in a previous post... what gives bad reputation to snipers... it's those lonewolf who don't care about the team and will end up being the last one alive with no flag left and doing nothing to changed that.... Sometimes you are even forced to give away where these clowns are so the map can change. But I'm not one of those clowns.
i am a great sniper with the shotgun!!!
killaer
+41|6717
Hah...idiot..
Zukabazuka
+23|6684
On the popular maps I kinda know where people use to sniper from, so its easy to get them when I been killed once.

Sniper was my first veteran badge.

But if you play against veterans player who know sniper are a threath to you take you out before you can do futher damage. But then commanders usual order artillery over my head most of the time so I have to run for a while and end up meeting a apc or tank or any other person.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Please. Sniper is the BEST class.

What other class gives you an M95 to tk for the plane or chopper.
Chef
+2|6648
it has been a very interesting post to read this one

i have my expert  snipe it was my 4th expert to get.

in the 100+ hours i have spent playing this class i have noticed that there are great maps to snipe on and itis one of the better classes to be like on Man City is a great map for sniper.  but there are also crap maps for sniping and the first one that spring to mind is kurbra dam, this is not because it is hard to snipe on it but because all the flags are a drive away people do not run to a flag the helo in or are in armour. and it is not points effective to sit on a flag for 30 mins covering it and only getting 5 kills for all your trouble.

What you learn with time of playing this class is how dumb some people are and that they would go for the clasic sniper spots (you all know what i mean they are on the tallest building or on that flat roof that over looks the flag) and the more time you spend playing sniper you start to look for the unusal snipe spot that one when you kill 3 or 4 and they then come hunting for you and you can just lie there watchin them running round trying to find the invisable person. 

when i first started to play bf2 i said to myself oh my fucking god 100 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get expert and i thought i would never get it, lol but as you can see i have put quite a lot of hours in playing bf2 and this i have learned.  the vet badge is cool but it is something for tthe casual player, after  you have played 50 - 70 hours in one class that is when you are getting good. 80+ hours is when most people start to get really good.  I can follow and trace someone running and jumping and you have to practice having your cross hair on the head shot trace infront of them running callculate where there are going to be and then BOMB man down.  expert and 100 hours mean you have got good and you are quite dangerous.

the sniper class is a very strong class to be but you will never get too many gold medals but it can for sure be done.  the sniper if you have the skills for thte head shot will never be found without the assistance of artillery, and it is great fun but the most important thing about being the covert  player is that you have to be ready to sit and wait you have to let the enemy come to you.  sometimes times this means you have to sit and camp your own flags coz there will be a time that they come to cap that flag, this is when you get your most points coz you get a kill shot and a flag defend.

i am surrently working on my support now and not to say the least i was dog shit with all the support weapons.  but the PKM is the most leathal weapon and bang bang man down what more do you want.  i have only   done 35ish hours on support and i am good so i am looking forward to what i will be like when i have 100 hours under my belt

sorry for the long post but it was fun writing it

Chef
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6751|Toronto, ON
I get more top 3 medals than most armor/medic users comparative to my global rank.
Alpha as fuck.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6632|Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

banksd1983 wrote:

Wow you really do lack the grasp of the English language. Go back and check what you said.  You didn't said "least effective." You said you are unsure how effective the sniper can be. I went ahead and checked Webster's for you:
INEFFECTIVE:
1 : not producing an intended effect
2 : not capable of performing efficiently or as expected

Is this not what you meant?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Wow you really do lack the grasp of the English language. Go back and check what you said.  You didn't said "least effective." You said you are unsure how effective the sniper can be. I went ahead and checked Webster's for you:
INEFFECTIVE:

No, I meant effective.

ef·fec·tive

a.  Having an intended or expected effect.
b.  Producing a strong impression or response; striking: gave an effective performance as Othello.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

INEFFECTIVE:

Maybe you lack english reading skills..................

usmarine2005 wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard