Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showth … p?t=667510

The much anticipated Title Update 3 is out of certification and is going live on March 24th at 2 AM PST/5 AM EST. Please remeber it takes awhile for the update to propagate so it may take up to several hours after that time before it's available locally. Also, if you start getting matchmaking connection issues, it means others have the update and you don't, so please exit the game and fire it up again in order to download the update. Also please note that some of the new achievements require the next map pack "Snowblind" which will be released next week.

We want to thank the community again for their patience and support and we hope you enjoy the changes we're bringing with Title Update 3.

Now for the details -

Gears of War 2 Title Update 3 Detailed Release Notes
The following fixes and improvements are included in Title Update 3.

Improvements
Title Update 3 makes these new improvements:
- Adds 100 levels of player experience that you can gain based on your score in Public matches. The game still uses Trueskill for matchmaking to find the most competitive matches, but the skill rank is now hidden. The new level of experience appears next to your gamertag, with levels 1 through 99 displayed as numbers and level 100 displayed as an icon. The game normalizes experience based on match type so that players earn an equivalent amount of experience across all modes.
- Adds an experience penalty for players quitting before a match is complete.
- Adds bots automatically to a Public Match if players quit and cause unbalanced teams. This ability has always existed in Private Matches if the bot count is set higher than zero.
- Optimizes playlists to only have two modes per playlist. Ties are decided by random selection.
- Adds the ability for teams to talk to each other between rounds in a Private Match.
- Adds the ability to save Public and Private Horde high scores after each complete wave, in case the host loses connection before failing or completing all fifty waves.
- Makes minor changes to general bandwidth usage.
- Adds region preference to matchmaking.
- Improves standby detection.
- Adds nine new achievements worth 250 points. Progress toward them starts after Title Update 3 is applied. Six of the new achievements require the Snowblind Map Pack, a set of four new maps to be released soon. The nine new achievements:
o "Rookie Gear" (10 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 5 (Public only).
o "Seasoned Gear" (20 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 15 (Public only).
o "Battle-Tested Gear" (30 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 25 (Public only).
o "Battle-Hardened Gear" (50 points): Reach level 50 and play a match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (Public only).
o "Veteran Gear" (75 points): Reach level 100 and win a match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (Public only).
o "Never Eat Red Snow" (20 points): Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Snowblind Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty).
o "Icy Dead People" (25 points): Complete waves 1 through 50 on any Snowblind Map Pack map in Horde (any difficulty).
o "Frigid Body Dynamics" (5 points): Play a multiplayer match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (any mode).
o "The Weather Outside Is Lethal" (15 points): Win a multiplayer match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (any mode).

Exploit Fixes
Title Update 3 fixes these possible exploits, where under certain circumstances:
- A player could swap from a pistol to a two-handed weapon during a cover slide and then mantle greater distances.
- Players could kill themselves in Wingman to avoid giving their opponents more points. Now, suicides and team killing will reduce team score. player holding a meatshield could melee through some walls.
- A player could equip a two-handed weapon with a shield using either the Boltok or the Gorgon pistol.
- A player could equip a two-handed weapon with a meatshield using either the Boltok or the Gorgon pistol.
- A player could prevent planted shields from being picked up by other players.
- Players could launch themselves into the air with a smoke grenade while mantling.

General Fixes
Title Update 3 fixes these other issues as well:
- An issue that caused chainsaw interruption when a player is shot to be less reliable in some body positions than in others.
- An issue where a third player could join a Public Wingman party lobby and remove another player from the game.
- An issue in Submission games where occasionally the meatflag would immediately run back to the spawn point after being dropped.
- An issue where players that were knocked down but not out (DBNO) while planting the Boomshield would appear to be standing.
- An elevation-based issue where the detection for a headshot might not align properly with certain character model heads.
- An issue that could cause Wingman teammates to have different character models.
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.

Balancing
Title Update 3 makes these balancing changes:
- Reduces stun duration of smoke grenades. Currently, characters always start to get up after 2 seconds.
- Gives melee the same delay after roadie running that shooting received in Title Update 2.
- Removes spawn protection from the Horde in Horde mode.
- Increased the forward angle that triggers chainsaw duels so that players with Lancers equipped won't be sawn from the side without a duel.
- Reduces the delay before a player can climb up after entering low cover.
- Makes minor changes to weapon spawns on the Subway map to provide greater balance.

We continue to test internally and monitor online gameplay to determine what else may need adjusting.
Played 2 rounds last night, and I noticed a BIG difference compared to TU2. Tis brilliant - and with 4 new maps also announced in the upcoming "Snowblind Map Pack", Epic really have been busy.

At least we now have a region preference, so I dont get lagged out when playing with Americans/Aussies all the time. Surprised this wasn't in the game from day1, but its here now
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6236|'Merica
I stopped playing GOW2 awhile ago and went back to GOW1 (trying to get that Seriously...at like 9500... ).  After the other TU, it would take forever for me to find a match which is weird because I had no problems before that and you would think the TU would only help...  And all the matches I got into were all laggy . That did it for me and I decided to call it quits. 
I think they tried to over do it with GOW2 and ended up missing some small things (for MP, not SP which was ).  It seems GOW1 runs smoother especially with the shotgun and the sniper and just  MP in general.  But anywho, im gonna try GOW2 after TU3 and hope it garners my respect becasue the GOW series is revolutionary!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
Probably going to try it out, if I can figure out how to work my linksys router cause my netgear router doesn't give a good enough signal from my den to my pc room which i am now running wirelessly
Stimey
­
+786|6091|Ontario | Canada
Omg no more 2 piecing.
Jizz in my pants.
­
­
­
­
­
­
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6410|somewhere other then here
i waited for this update to come out forever. Its funny watching all the little chainsaw noobs run around hopelessly. Im already level 12
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

voodoosniper7 wrote:

i waited for this update to come out forever. Its funny watching all the little chainsaw noobs run around hopelessly. Im already level 12
Nothing beats a huge chainsaw orgy on Annex.

Im finding TU3 is finding games a lot quicker, and pairing me with a LOT more people from my region (UK), although I did still get Americans in some matches, but they weren't full of lag like they were pre-TU3.

Although a game of Submission on Goldrush I played yesterday resulted in a stalemate, as the meatflag lost his gun and couldn't be downed Both teams stopped shooting each other and just lobbed endless smokes/mortars/boomshots at him: nothing.
Never ever seen that before
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6410|somewhere other then here

Snake wrote:

voodoosniper7 wrote:

Im finding TU3 is finding games a lot quicker, and pairing me with a LOT more people from my region (UK), although I did still get Americans in some matches, but they weren't full of lag like they were pre-TU3.

Although a game of Submission on Goldrush I played yesterday resulted in a stalemate, as the meatflag lost his gun and couldn't be downed Both teams stopped shooting each other and just lobbed endless smokes/mortars/boomshots at him: nothing.
the meatflag is a beast lol.
Stimey
­
+786|6091|Ontario | Canada

Snake wrote:

voodoosniper7 wrote:

They fixed it so if the ping of the game ever goes above 200 they lag out.
So the Americans youll be playing with would have High Quality connections most likely.
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard