phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
anyone have it or play it? thinking about getting it. wasn't a huge fan of the original, but i've always loved all of the thps games
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I have it for 360.  It's fun, learning curve is pretty high.  It's along the same lines as skate 1 - analog joysticks control each foot, various gaps and ledges to complete, lot's of ways to deck your character out, etc.  It's fun but hard to master (at least I think so).
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5959|Places 'n such
Ive seen videos of a mate whos got it playing and the mode where you basically try to injure yourself as much as you can seems fun but the rest of it looks pretty shit boring.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I have it for 360.  It's fun, learning curve is pretty high.  It's along the same lines as skate 1 - analog joysticks control each foot, various gaps and ledges to complete, lot's of ways to deck your character out, etc.  It's fun but hard to master (at least I think so).
i dont really remember how skate 1 was, but i know i didnt like it near as much as the tony hawk games. i dont really want to spend 60 bucks on a game i'll rarely play unless it's bad as fuck
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

phishman420 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i dont really remember how skate 1 was, but i know i didnt like it near as much as the tony hawk games. i dont really want to spend 60 bucks on a game i'll rarely play unless it's bad as fuck
It's nothing like Pro Skater.  It's less arcadey, harder to combine tricks.  You don't press a button to 'stick' to rails like in THPS - you have to ollie and align yourself so you land on the rail.  It's fun but frustrating sometimes.  Like I said, the learning curve is waaay higher.  I still don't consider myself good and I've had it for a few weeks now.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
skate=skateboarding sim.
THPS=arcade style skating game.

Which do you want to play?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It's nothing like Pro Skater.  It's less arcadey, harder to combine tricks.  You don't press a button to 'stick' to rails like in THPS - you have to ollie and align yourself so you land on the rail.  It's fun but frustrating sometimes.  Like I said, the learning curve is waaay higher.  I still don't consider myself good and I've had it for a few weeks now.
meh i probably wont get it then. thanks bro
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

Ken's got the right idea. I find it a lot more fun that kickflips and heel flips and shove-its etc are created in the same motion as the jump - much more realistic feeling imo.

Don't they have a demo in the marketplace? Download that, see if you like it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6339|Atlanta, Georgia

SonderKommando wrote:

skate=skateboarding sim.
THPS=arcade style skating game.

Which do you want to play?
THUG sir, was the best
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

Jenspm wrote:

Ken's got the right idea. I find it a lot more fun that kickflips and heel flips and shove-its etc are created in the same motion as the jump - much more realistic feeling imo.

dont have xbl anymore + my 360 is a piece of shit and only works half the time. i think i should just sell it on craigslist and get a new one

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-03-23 14:40:16)

Jenspm
penis

phishman420 wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

dont have xbl anymore
You only need silver for demos, I believe (If you can still connect to internet, you just don't have gold, that is).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
ight ill check it out later
Jenspm
penis

ight niggs
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

TBH its pretty easy to combine tricks. Just land in manuals. Altho I did play the first one for an absurd amount of time. Its so fun to do your own thngs. Just cruise round, find a great spot and just skate it. First one was great soI'm looking to purchase this soon
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

Skate was great and Skate2 is even better ... some pretty insane scenes, parks and halls ... just the Hall of Meat quests are totally worth getting the game, so much laughter doing all hand tweaks and spread eagle into the ground from the highest tower
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
They should relase it for PC or make another Tony Hawk pr0 Skater...
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6637|Montréal, Québec
It a good game, think of skate 1 but with lot more possibilities... You can move thing around to create nice spots,bail challenge,etc...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
THPS 4 was the best.

Alcatraz...
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
i am the worlds greatest thps player. i cant wait til they make a new one
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
Supposedly it's really good. My friend has it and loves/ed it. Then again, he liked Too Human..
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black

phishman420 wrote:

Biggest combo score?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
like 5 million idk dude havent played in forever
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Finray wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Biggest combo score?
I got over 9000 once.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I remember one of the early THPS's on the PS1 with moon-mode or whatever.

Fucking fun times.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
shit im sure ive gotten over 9000000 before

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard