wang!
+1|6822
The DAO-12 can kill in one shot. Try it. That is all.
BTW so can the PKM ;D

Last edited by wang! (2005-10-10 09:34:53)

r00fus
+2|6806
so can assault rifles, and a pistol can kill in two shots
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6854|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
1. Any weapon can kill in one shot if the enemy's health is low enough.

2. Try searching around the forums before starting a new thread... http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1257

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6856|Cologne, Germany

and what does this have to do with chatter anyway ? I'm confused...

if no one objects, I'll close this thread tomorrow
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6858|Bryan/College Station, TX
*closes the thread door*
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848

r00fus wrote:

no. takes three to the head. and sometimes it seems I can unload a whole pistol clip into their torso and them not die.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6834
Damn, I HATE the DAO-12 with a passion. I swear I unload a full 8 shots 1 meter away from my target and he didn't even flinch. Is there something I'm missing?  And people kill me with 1 shot but maybe thats because I dont have body armor.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Damn, I HATE the DAO-12 with a passion. I swear I unload a full 8 shots 1 meter away from my target and he didn't even flinch. Is there something I'm missing?  And people kill me with 1 shot but maybe thats because I dont have body armor.
I have the same problem. I run around the corner.. take a shot to the chest and die... they come around the corner.. I blast them with 8 shells..  they whip their DAO out and *bam* dead. BS I say.
Croak
+11|6820|San Marcos, CA
When I wrote that it takes more than one shot (or only takes one shot, etc), that's one TORSO shot on a full health target.  It take 100 points of damage to kill (before you factor in body armor on the kits that have it) a player.  Body armor is supposed to absorb 33% of the incoming damage, which reduces a 45 PKM shot down to 30, a G36 25 point shot down to ~17, and so on.   It seems the M95 doesn't care about body armor.

The DAO-12 (or S12k), if every pellet hits, does 96 points of damage.  If the target is wearing armor, it only does 64, and if you shoot poorly, you can end up only doing 6-8 damage with a grazing shot.  The M11-87/Norco can do 200 points damage if every pellet hits, or 134 if the target is wearing body armor..so you can actually afford to have a few pellets miss and still kill anyone with one shot. The Jackhammer does 120 if all pellets hit, 80 if wearing armor, so it's possible to get a one-shot torso kill with it, but can often take two shots.

Aim high with the shotguns (or any weapon) and you've got a chance of doing head damage, which counts for more, as it only seems to require somewhere between 45-60 points for head shots to kill.  If more than a few of those pellets hit the head, it is possible the combination of torso and head damage can kill in one shot when using a DAO-12.  But aiming high also increases the chances that more pellets will miss as they go above and beside the target's head, so I think it's still best to aim for the torso with a shotgun for the most reliable results.

Personally, when using the DAO, Jackhammer or S12k, I try to aim my first shot low, somewhere between the knees and the family jewels.  Since I know it's probably going to take two shots, I let recoil put the second shot right in center of mass, that way I only have to aim once.  That works out better than aiming center of mass, firing, adjusting aim, firing again, especially when a split second can mean a kill or a death.
<eN>Madcat
+2|6855
any assault rifle will kill with a headshot
holocost
+1|6801|ireland,cork
guys is body amour a new thing with the patch or has it been there since the start .ps please tell me which kits you get it with ty:D
holocost
+1|6801|ireland,cork

r00fus wrote:

bloody hell man nice stats ps i like all the vet badges and especially the exp knife badge
MattCicioni
+1|6843|Arizona
Do you like mine?

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
Croak
+11|6820|San Marcos, CA

holocost wrote:

guys is body amour a new thing with the patch or has it been there since the start .ps please tell me which kits you get it with ty:D
It's been there since the start.  Assault, Support, Anti-Tank have armor, Spec Ops, Medics, Snipers, Engineers don't.

You can just go to BFHQ to see which kit comes with it if you forget. 
r00fus
+2|6806

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

r00fus wrote:

no. takes three to the head. and sometimes it seems I can unload a whole pistol clip into their torso and them not die.
actually it will take one shot with an ak(not sure about the m16) if you zoom in and hit them right in the head
Ryan
+1,230|6858|Alberta, Canada

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

r00fus wrote:

then u must suck, cuz 1 shot with a pistol in the head would kill any human being, in a game or not.
Gabriel
+0|6799

ryan_14 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

r00fus wrote:

then u must suck, cuz 1 shot with a pistol in the head would kill any human being, in a game or not.
no need to flame. be civil. second, i've had many close up encounters as a sniper and had to pull out the pistol and the times I've shot someone in the head i've had to shoot them a couple more times at the very least. I've been hiding in the bush with an enemy laying only a few feet away from me and blasted them a couple times right in the face and not even then do they go down. Even the SVD sniper rifle, which does more damage then the assualt rifle and the pistol, does not kill in one head shot. The only time this happens is if the targets health has already been depleted. Head shots can be very difficult to pull off in the heat of battle, and I do wish head shots where a one shot kill for all the weapons, but as things are in the game, I find it very hard to believe that one can achieve a one shot kill with either the assualt rifle or pistol.
Sgt.Abyss
+2|6796

ryan_14 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

r00fus wrote:

A pistol headshot do 60 damage, so its 2 hits minimum to kill someone

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard