bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6854|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
you've got a point. i was too impatient to give it a second chance and as soon as I unlocked the PKM, it was off to the races.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6855|Cologne, Germany

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

LOL! ArkAng37. I agree, the G3 is great, but few ppl play as assault enough to upgrade to it. Still, thanks for not being a nade launching noober.

B: Believe it or not, I upgraded to the PKM before I ever even got my basic support  badge *gasps* and now I play as support with the confidence in knowing that my weapon can actually hit the broad side of a barn let alone kill ppl. That damn SAW is so worthless, it's unbelievable. Anyway, I dunno. If you don't think you'll play as support much, I wouldn't get it. G3 might be a good choice, but so would the M95. BTW, how many pts. to go?
well, about 8,000....but you can never think of that too early...

judging from my stats, my choice clearly would have to be engineer, i.e. the jackhammer. I don't play sniper, assault or support regurlarly, only if one is needed. I prefer to play classes that can do more to help their team win than just kill people. guess I am a teamplayer by nature..

does anyone have experience with the jackhammer ?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6847

B.Schuss wrote:

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

LOL! ArkAng37. I agree, the G3 is great, but few ppl play as assault enough to upgrade to it. Still, thanks for not being a nade launching noober.

B: Believe it or not, I upgraded to the PKM before I ever even got my basic support  badge *gasps* and now I play as support with the confidence in knowing that my weapon can actually hit the broad side of a barn let alone kill ppl. That damn SAW is so worthless, it's unbelievable. Anyway, I dunno. If you don't think you'll play as support much, I wouldn't get it. G3 might be a good choice, but so would the M95. BTW, how many pts. to go?
well, about 8,000....but you can never think of that too early...

judging from my stats, my choice clearly would have to be engineer, i.e. the jackhammer. I don't play sniper, assault or support regurlarly, only if one is needed. I prefer to play classes that can do more to help their team win than just kill people. guess I am a teamplayer by nature..

does anyone have experience with the jackhammer ?
Idooo. I love it. The End.
Synister
+0|6856|Charleston, SC
I just unlocked the M95 for my third unlock, and I actually starting to like sniper more and more.  Plus, I need a kit that isn't always going crazy.  It gives me a chance to kill enemies and smoke a cig at the same time.  Tried smoking while playing medic and I burnt myself, and not to mention ashes everywhere...

Last edited by Synister (2005-09-23 09:57:45)

TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6808|Oklahoma
I would suggest going to a unranked and unlocked server like www.after-hourz.com. Perfect place to test the weapons out.

I went in and tested out all the weapons and it help me in my decisions. I plan on geting the M95 next, and third may be L85A1. I unlocked the G363 first and has not failed me. But thats because i know how to use it well...another good thing to help with your selection, make sure you will be able to use it well and not just shoot at random etc.

My best suggestion for making the best selection is dont listen to other people. Everyone will have different opinions. Go with what you think you want, and what your good at.
|ZB|Freakzillla
+0|6810

ArkAng37 wrote:

wow where did you buy that? The G3A3? Damn thats sexy!
Harlem Gun center Buffalo N.Y
it goes well with my
AK-47
SKS
Mauser Kar 98 (for you call of duty guys)
M-4
Mini 14

they dont have them as unlocks though

Just though ide let you all see a real one is all .......
MCM13276
+1|6809
Its true what you say about the PKM. I recently upgraded to it and was running around a corner in Strike at karkland (2nd Flag -Centre ) and was faced by about 4 Enemy... Just hit the button in a panic and mowed them down.  Getting the hang of the M95 also now... Still trying to master long long range shots though. Is there a nack to it like aiming above the head or does it matter.
r00fus
+2|6806
my suggestion is to just throw away all of the unlocks and use an m16
McCullough
+7|6852
Why choose when you can get all the weapons i notime with the new patch. But i would have chosen the G36 or the L85. Those weapons are the best in the game no doubt
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6855|Cologne, Germany

yeah. with the new patch, this discussion is probably pointless...
<eN>Madcat
+2|6855
i first got the medic unlock, then after the new patch i needed another one. Well i used to spec op and quit because not points for exploding stuff, but now . Well i did it, and unlike from the times i treid it from dead people, i couldn't hit shit@!!!!  Shoul've got the G3.
wang!
+1|6822
The Anti tank is the best unlock in the game. Even if there wasn't an unlock it would still be the best kit in the game. The ERYX is good for tanks and people who are far away. People always prone or stand still then it's real easy to take them out. The only problem is you run out of ammo quickly, but not before you recieve four or five kills. It's the ultimate suicidal/point Kit now that you can't get many points being support. come follow me sometime. I'll school you ppl ;D I only use the AT Gun if I run out of rockets. No one ever kills me untill it's from an m203 or the like. You'll see....
luckybaer
+10|6788| Going Feral
Every weapon has its plusses and minuses.  What you pick depends on a couple of things:

1.  What your favorite kit is
2.  What style of fighting are you into (i.e. close up or from afar)

My thoughts on the unlocks:

1.  G36C (Spec Ops) - extremely accurate.  This is great for fighting at medium distances.  Not the best for close up, because the damage is pretty low, but can get the job done on full auto.

2.  L85A1 (Medic) - accurate on single shot, but seems to bounce around more than other similar weapons on full auto.  Good for medium distances, but I go with single shot and just rapid fire with my left mouse button.

3.  M95 (Sniper) - fine, if you like being a sniper.  If the enemy has taken any damage, one shot will take them out.

4.  Jackhammer (Engineer) - good for close fighting, but like any shotgun, effectiveness decreases rapidly as the distance between you and your target increases.  Keep a light trigger finger - full auto goes though the ammo FAST!

5.  G3 (Assault) - I miss the grenade launcher.  Nothing racks up the kills like the grenade launcher when you see a cluster of enemy behind a sandbag barrier or some such object.  G3 is accurate from medium distance, and it does lots of damage.  The 20 round clip is a bummer.

6.  PKM (Support) - pretty accurate when you are prone, smaller magazine than SAW, slower ROF, but increased accuracy makes up for it IMHO.  This is a good unlock if you like to play Support.  Don't unlock it if you don't like playing support.

7.  DAO-12 (Anti-Tank) - Haven't played with it enough.  Probably same plusses and minuses as most shotguns in the game.  Everything I have heard has said it is an upgrade over the Anti-Tank standard weapons.
r00fus
+2|6806
like i said, m16
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6808|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I would have to say so far that I love the G36C.  The G3 is also great when you need that extra punch to kill the guy.
Justinian
+1|6793

|ZB|Freakzillla wrote:

ArkAng37 wrote:

wow where did you buy that? The G3A3? Damn thats sexy!
Harlem Gun center Buffalo N.Y
it goes well with my
AK-47
SKS
Mauser Kar 98 (for you call of duty guys)
M-4
Mini 14

they dont have them as unlocks though

Just though ide let you all see a real one is all .......
Pics... please... please ...

Especially the Kar98...
McGruff
+0|6792
PKM all the way, 2nd would be the G3. The PKM can mow down enemys from close or far. I love it when i use it unzoomed. When you get into a close quarters battle just hold the trigger down and move around. Most people will run outa ammo and either switch or reload, thats when the 100 clip mag helps you out the most. When using it zoomed just make sure you burst fire it.
Rakasan
+7|6851|California, USA
McGruff: I recognize your nick, can you use UAV more often when you go commander please

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-10 17:01:21)

KingHit
+0|6788
Got to be the DAO
WormGuts
+17|6808|Dayton, Ohio
are you insane?!?!?!?  you don't have the L85A1 (medic) unlocked?  this may be one of the finest unlocks available...my suggestion and i'm sure alot of others would be this weapon.

unfortunately, the big point drop to meet a bunch of ranks quickly that came with the patch gave a @#!$ ton of people the L85A1 so it's prowess is no longer a secret since everyone and there mothersuncle has it unlocked.

if you can aim and fire in semi auto mode you will find this weapon truely deadly.

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-10-10 22:51:34)

McGruff
+0|6792

Rakasan wrote:

McGruff: I recognize your nick, can you use UAV more often when you go commander please
Ahaha alright man, i will make sure i use it more often for ya. Very frustrating as commander when people dont call in for help when they need it. Just make sure i know you are asking for it, i am a very active commander. What server you playing in with me? I only go to really 2

DWI Clan 70.85.232.52 or Trin Mojo Dojo 70.86.24.26

O BTW I played with the ENG's unlockable gun last night and HATE it.
Rakasan
+7|6851|California, USA
DWI, thanks.
MattCicioni
+1|6843|Arizona

ProDicTeD wrote:

well i think this topic is right for it...
which weapon is a better upgrade the spec-ops or PKM??
just wondering cause i only have 2000points to go
I prefer the PKM... but I'm a weirdo... so... ?

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard