attackferret1369
+1|5671
I was playing this morning and decided to change my video setting to medium. WOW that helped a lot. Problem is now when the match is over BF2 shuts down. This happened twice. Then after the second time my character is gone and doesn't show up on the log in screen. any ideas what happened. I know I suck at the game, most noobs do, but come on complete and total annihilation from the planet? Any Ideas anybody?

Thanks

P.S. I've only been playing this game since about November, but I've already began to have symptoms of withdrawal.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6481

welcome to the forumz, are you by chance minimizing the game when it tries to load? Did you change the game resolution? Perhaps its having trouble loading in the resolution you have it set at. What are your computer specs?

There is a way to change the resolution before the game loads, find the shortcut icon, right click it, and for the 'Target' line you'll see something like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1080

The szx and szy options are your resolution, i have mine set at the max my monitor does, which isn't even featured in BF2 options. Change those two numbers to something standard like 1024x768 and see if it loads then.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6534|the land of bourbon
on the login screen, click the 'retrieve account' button and enter the email/pass you used for your nick.  this will re-import your soldier.

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-03-19 13:00:42)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
attackferret1369
+1|5671
Thanks to the both of you.
  I got my guy back! i tried that atleast once and failed. Guess I might have entered something wrong. I'm going to set my video settings back to low and see if that fixes the problem. The only other thing I did that was different was to hook my computer to my flat screen. Don't know if that may have had something to do with either problem. I am about the most computer illiterate person on the planet so I may be back for more help on the video settings. Next time I'll try and have my computer specs ready and I'll post them as well.

Again thanks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard