FatherTed wrote:

Israeli [Tear Gas] Hippie
this
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

oug wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People need to find something better to do than traveling to distant countries and telling them what to do
Thats pretty funny, especially from an American.
Another funny thing... Most people on here think that protesting bad. Regardless of the reason.

But the funniest thing of all will be when you will need to protest about something. Maybe then police brutality and state terrorism won't seem so funny to you though...
I generally wouldn't give up my weekend to go and wave a placard at someone that will have no effect and have a high chance of getting shot, gassed, blown up or soaked with cold water.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

oug wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People need to find something better to do than traveling to distant countries and telling them what to do
Thats pretty funny, especially from an American.
Another funny thing... Most people on here think that protesting bad. Regardless of the reason.

But the funniest thing of all will be when you will need to protest about something. Maybe then police brutality and state terrorism won't seem so funny to you though...
? You protest you accept the risk that there will be police retaliation.

That's just how it works.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
So what, this is a non story. Just cos it's some dumb yank that got hit it's supposed to be a different story? I say, let this thread be summed up by the funniest post of the year:

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6637|Canada

Flecco wrote:

You take risks like that when you turn up for a protest.

I doubt the shot to the face was intentional.
i agree. the IDF were on a hill over looking and shooting the canisters, i reckon its difficult to snipe someone with a tear gas gun...
13rin
+977|6489

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

i agree. the IDF were on a hill over looking and shooting the canisters, i reckon its difficult to snipe someone with a tear gas gun...
Maybe if he's a good shot.  Then that just makes story better.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6637|Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Maybe if he's a good shot.  Then that just makes story better.
maybe he pimped out his gun with a scope
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Well at least he wasn't shot in the back while trying to spray paint a wall.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
No ones talked about how the soldiers were blocking the ambulance from getting in... meh
mikkel
+383|6611
So, the metadiscussion so far in this thread regarding an article alleging gruesome behaviour by cops/Israel/soldiers is that the typical leftie crowd has predictably expressed outrage, and the typical rightie crowd has predictably been baiting the lefties by playing tough with offensively unsympathetic reactions.

Any thread, any subject, any time, it's all the same. What's the point? It's just the words that are different.

Last edited by mikkel (2009-03-16 13:41:58)

13rin
+977|6489

mikkel wrote:

So, the metadiscussion so far in this thread regarding an article alleging gruesome behaviour by cops/Israel/soldiers is that the typical leftie crowd has predictably expressed outrage, and the typical rightie crowd has predictably been baiting the lefties by playing tough with offensively unsympathetic reactions.

Any thread, any subject, any time, it's all the same. What's the point? It's just the words that are different.
Well, thanks for stopping by.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

mikkel wrote:

What?

K. My unsympathetic reaction is because this isn't really newsworthy. If you protest, shit like this can happen to you. It's to be expected. It's like joining the army then complaining when they send you to war. It's a result of a reporter who has a political bias against Israel trying to spark outrage against Israeli brutality.

Generally I oppose Israel and the methods used by them. Stop trying to label people.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
mikkel
+383|6611

Flecco wrote:

mikkel wrote:

What?

K. My unsympathetic reaction is because this isn't really newsworthy. If you protest, shit like this can happen to you. It's to be expected. It's like joining the army then complaining when they send you to war. It's a result of a reporter who has a political bias against Israel trying to spark outrage against Israeli brutality.

Generally I oppose Israel and the methods used by them. Stop trying to label people.
I'm not "labelling" people. Your teen fears will have to be fed elsewhere. I don't care about you. I don't care what you general opinion is. I said "metadiscussion" for a reason, and I've yet to be convinced that my observation is inaccurate. Got a problem with it? Getting angsty over being "labelled" is not the way to address it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

mafia996630 wrote:

I totally love the replies to this thread. Shows how full of shit some people are.
what should the response be?  people can make mistakes unless they are dirty jews then it is not ok?  that better for you jew hater?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

Spearhead wrote:

No ones talked about how the soldiers were blocking the ambulance from getting in... meh
Security must be taken seriously.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

I totally love the replies to this thread. Shows how full of shit some people are.
what should the response be?  people can make mistakes unless they are dirty jews then it is not ok?  that better for you jew hater?
Stfu you jew hater.

I don't know what the reponses should be but people who say stuff like "he should have ducked" and 

a noob wrote:

good
are FULL OF SHIT.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

if you say so.  things like that prolly wont happen to you if you dont put yourself in those situations.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6208
I have no sympathy for this guy either.. You want to go protest with the palestinians against the barbaric IDF, then you have to know that it can be very dangerous and accept the consequences.  Not newsworthy imo.

Same goes for any israelis living in that shithole.  You want to go live in a place surrounded by angry arabs because god told you so? Then you must expect some kind of resistance.. rockets, abductions, snipers, suicide bombers etc.. Live with it and stop crying about it.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6497|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I will say it again:
He should have ducked
Hey Marine when did you become a Jew hater lol
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478

M.O.A.B wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Cuz guys who are out cold and bleeding to death a big threats.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

usmarine wrote:

if you say so.  things like that prolly wont happen to you if you dont put yourself in those situations.
I agree but hey, its "Good" that it did happen right ?

lulz.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

mafia996630 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes he is a martyr now.  72 virgins ftw
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes he is a martyr now.  72 virgins ftw

usmarine wrote:

if you say so.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Cuz guys who are out cold and bleeding to death a big threats.
Anything could have been placed on his person by anyone, there was a good number of people close to him when he was being treated. In these palces you can't take risks like that, even if the guy is out cold.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

usmarine wrote:

if you say so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard