jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

iPods and Young People Have Destroyed the Music industry
The#1Spot
+105|6510|byah

jsnipy wrote:

I guess I am one of the few that opposes any Ifag product.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

jsnipy wrote:

Which, in turn, destroys the music.

Varegg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Hm ... I bought a CD the other day and played it using a CD player ... didn't sound destroyed to me allthough my wife commented it sounded like the speakers had a malfunction before I told her it was supposed to sound like that ...

Trivium ftw

And yes ... you can still buy music hardcopied style ...
Even if you get lossless, pretty much all new music these days is amped up to hell. Even CDs. It's retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
With mainstream music perhaps ... there still are some bands out there that takes their own sound seriously ... like in the youtube clip you linked to you can check that by turning up the volume on your stereo ...
It's often out of their control.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-03-15 15:08:36)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

.Sup wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Apparently the new/next U2 album has been/will be engineered specifically to sound good when listened to using 'earbuds'.
lol must have been a contract with some earbud company or something. Sounds ridiculous.
Bono said it in an interview with the band that I saw.

He said they're doing it because that's how most people listen to music now-a-days, so they want it to sound good the way it will be heard.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Apparently the new/next U2 album has been/will be engineered specifically to sound good when listened to using 'earbuds'.
lol must have been a contract with some earbud company or something. Sounds ridiculous.

He said they're doing it because that's how most people listen to music now-a-days, so they want it to sound good the way it will be heard.
I.e ramp up the bass and treble to hell.

I hate people.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Thats really lame, no way in hell most people listen to music with earbuds. Since when is audio quality measured with earbuds. Obviously he wants more younger people to listen to his music as they are the majority of earbud owners coupled with their mp3 players.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6233

aerodynamic wrote:

Why Ipod? I had a Creative Zen and after a month it broke while it was on my table. I put the headphones on and suddenly the audiojack was broken. Sony walkman the new one, same thing. My friends Zune: every single bass destroys the song.
my ipod and iphone; no fucking problem and great audio quality
I have a Creative Zen. Got it for christmas. I've dropped it, laid on top of it, etc. It works perfectly fine. I mean I had an ipod before and I liked it but I haven't seen much difference in the 2. The audio is great.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6424|USA
I listen to 320kbps mp3 mainly. FLAC doesn't work  on my iShit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Freezer7Pro wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Even if you get lossless, pretty much all new music these days is amped up to hell. Even CDs. It's retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
With mainstream music perhaps ... there still are some bands out there that takes their own sound seriously ... like in the youtube clip you linked to you can check that by turning up the volume on your stereo ...
It's often out of their control.
What? The music industry dying means that good music dies?

The fuck are you talking about? Some of the best 'scenes' of music have developed firmly in the underground with little or no corporate backing or industry-led initiatives. The practice of the 'music industry' is to seize upon artistic developments and creativity in genuine music circles and then package it and mass-produce it for everyone else to buy into as the 'cool thing'. If the music industry dies or suffers, the only thing that really dies with it are the masses of clueless fucktards that swallow whatever mass-marketed hype is being spoonfed to them that particular month.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

Uzique you nob, Freezer knows his shit he has 4 flac albums.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

I own several Greenday albums in FLAC. I'm so much of an audiophile than you lot.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
To break out of this flac cycle, when i a)get my sub over here, and b)get some new HD's, i'm going to get as much of my music in flac as possible.

ps 99% of the music i have, i bought- i don't have any problems redownloading something i actually paid for.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

The Sheriff wrote:

...things...
Banana, pickle, carrot, pepper.

DAMN YOU, Sheriff!
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Freezer7Pro wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

music would exist regardless
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

I'm sure there were similar outraged people when CRT's were starting to lose the war to LCD's.

OMG the quailities!@!11!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DAMN YOU, Sheriff!
shamelessly stolen from me tbh
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard