Poll

Map Rotations?

Official Maps Only87%87% - 14
Custom Maps Only (specify particular maps)0%0% - 0
Official Maps and Custom Maps (specify)12%12% - 2
Total: 16
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Not that I know the map rotation or anything, but would be nice to get some sort of rota going

Official Maps only ftw (except ctf maps such as ctf_2fort and ctf_well, they could tend to go on for too long)

Dustbowl
Gravel Pit
Goldrush
Badwater
Gravel Pit
Granary
Dustbowl
Gravel Pit
Well
<insert Arena maps here>

for example (I'd love plenty of Gravel Pit )
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
There isn't a map rotation yet. It's just defaulted to ctf_2fort.

We should keep it varied. Everyone has different favourite maps. And tbh, all maps are fun. Just some more than others.

Just an FYI.

I like your suggestion, incidentally.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

liquidat0r wrote:

There isn't a map rotation yet. It's just defaulted to ctf_2fort.

We should keep it varied. Everyone has different favourite maps. And tbh, all maps are fun. Just some more than others.

Just an FYI.

I like your suggestion, incidentally.
Meh, I feel that 2fort is only good if it's a 24/7 2fort one because if its anything other than that everyone could be waiting for a long time for a map change if it stalemates (especially if the map only changes when one team reaches a specific number of victories).
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6598|UK
I'm not saying we should keep 2fort or anything. It's just the default map on a new install.

I think we should stick to mainly official maps. Which custom maps are most popular? Bearing in mind we need a rotation to please all.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Custom map-wise (if we have to intergrate them ) no Orange maps thanks

Preferably cp ones too imo

I'm not into the whole custom map thing so I wouldn't know what to recommend

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-03-15 07:01:14)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Keep it official and clean, i hate(d) going on servers with all the stupid maps and sounds
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Aye, a big reason I don't like custom maps is that it requires a download the first time you play it. Doesn't sound too big for most but I just prefer to play a map I would enjoy (coughofficialmapscough) which doesn't require no extra downloads or sounds.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Kptk92 wrote:

Aye, a big reason I don't like custom maps is that it requires a download the first time you play it. Doesn't sound too big for most but I just prefer to play a map I would enjoy (coughofficialmapscough) which doesn't require no extra downloads or sounds.
AGREED
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kerry, the best ctf games are ones that have a time limit of under 15 minutes. Just my two cents.

I treat the 24/7 2fort servers here as TDM.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Yeah, but do you really want to play 15 minutes for the other maps? It will only give one team a go at attacking and if rounds end up going right to the wire maps could change before anybody even reached the final stage.

Of course, you could change it, but I think it'll just be better to keep the ctf out really.

I think 30-45 minutes for each map before it changes also imo
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Kptk92 wrote:

Yeah, but do you really want to play 15 minutes for the other maps? It will only give one team a go at attacking and if rounds end up going right to the wire maps could change before anybody even reached the final stage.

Of course, you could change it, but I think it'll just be better to keep the ctf out really.

I think 30-45 minutes for each map before it changes also imo
No, set the round limits to 5-15mins each for ctf, other lengths for other maps.

Or is that not possible? If not just set it to 2 caps a win or something. Idk.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Or just don't implement ctf maps
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

leave it with Goldrush
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5533|Stoke, England
2fort, bad water and gravel pit please

thanks!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Kptk92 wrote:

Or just don't implement ctf maps
They are fun at times though. Especially well.

Not like I have a stake in it though... 500+ ping? Not a chance I can play with you lot.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Just to comment on your proposal Kerry...

Both pl maps in row?

Just add some arena maps in and mix it up. And gravel pit three times is a bit too much.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5533|Stoke, England
nooo!

arena sucks
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Dustbowl
Granary
Goldrush
Well
Gravel Pit
Badlands
Badwater
Steel

And repeat.

Last edited by Peter (2009-03-15 12:00:11)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Just move Badwater down once and it's perfect.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

NooBesT wrote:

Just move Badwater down once and it's perfect.
Done and added steel. Can't believe i forgot it
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

NooBesT wrote:

Just to comment on your proposal Kerry...

Both pl maps in row?

Just add some arena maps in and mix it up. And gravel pit three times is a bit too much.
Was only giving an example Noobest
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

what about respawn time?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

Well I love CTF maps, especially 2fort and turbine, it can stalemate if you don't have a team working together but I think it would be ok if it is possible to set a time limit on CTF maps. Also, what about cp_granary, cp_well and cp_badlands? what's to stop those stalemating? You can go back and forth between the points all day long without a time limit. Although admittedly, most of the time on those maps one team steamrolls the other pretty quickly, which also isn't a good thing.

Arena empties the server out a lot of the time, so we should probably leave that out for the time being at least.

legionair wrote:

what about respawn time?
I can't stand instant respawn servers, what's the point in killing anyone when they are already back again before they hit the floor?

Personally I would want it to be the full 20 seconds, or at the very least 15.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Spawn times would obviously be stock. Anything less murders the attackers.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Dauntless wrote:

Well I love CTF maps, especially 2fort and turbine, it can stalemate if you don't have a team working together but I think it would be ok if it is possible to set a time limit on CTF maps. Also, what about cp_granary, cp_well and cp_badlands? what's to stop those stalemating? You can go back and forth between the points all day long without a time limit.
There's the difference that they're actually good maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard