S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6455|Chicago, IL
My (public) high school had a 99% graduation rate and is A-ranked by state universities for academic competitiveness.

As for the socially awkward part, I've met plenty of psychotic people who went to regular schools too...
The only problem is that some people use home schooling to indoctrinate their children into some crazy cult, and it stigmatizes the whole group.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

Turquoise wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

warman's home schooled...
Is Warman socially awkward?
That would be kind of hard to determine through the internet.
Irregardless, it's fucking WarMan we're talking about. He isn't exactly an exemplary human by any means.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

ATG wrote:

They have tested two years above their grade levels, she said.
Maybe the judge is upset because the home schoolers reveal the public school system for what it is; a cesspool of drop-outs and non-english speakers.
Many high schools have a 50% drop-out rate and I know it is non-P.C. to say it, but it is because illegal aliens parents who can't speak English can't rightly help their kids with their homework, now can they? Also, the dumbasses place more value on work than they do on education. They didn't get the memo about most blue-collar jobs being outsourced and without an education you are fucked...

Just like the federal government is bathing in abject failure about our immigration policy, judges want your children down in the gutter the the flotsam when it comes to education.

Whythefuckwouldtheywantthat?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4727161/
Im homeschooled and graduated already when the rest of my friends are in 11th grade.
Also, while a lot of you disagree with my opinion about the world the thing homeschooling taught me most was to think for myself and make my own discisions
15 more years! 15 more years!
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6191|Ireland

Mitch wrote:

ATG wrote:

Maybe the judge is upset because the home schoolers reveal the public school system for what it is; a cesspool of drop-outs and non-english speakers.
Many high schools have a 50% drop-out rate and I know it is non-P.C. to say it, but it is because illegal aliens parents who can't speak English can't rightly help their kids with their homework, now can they? Also, the dumbasses place more value on work than they do on education. They didn't get the memo about most blue-collar jobs being outsourced and without an education you are fucked...

Just like the federal government is bathing in abject failure about our immigration policy, judges want your children down in the gutter the the flotsam when it comes to education.

Im homeschooled and graduated already when the rest of my friends are in 11th grade.
Also, while a lot of you disagree with my opinion about the world the thing homeschooling taught me most was to think for myself and make my own discisions
So you don't smoke pot and live in your parents basement?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

Mitch wrote:

ATG wrote:

But then again you do seem to think that Obama is possessed by Satan and Alex Jones will free America from tyranny. Or something.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

ghettoperson wrote:

Mitch wrote:

ATG wrote:

But then again you do seem to think that Obama is possessed by Satan and Alex Jones will free America from tyranny. Or something.
Right cause thats totally what i was taught
15 more years! 15 more years!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
I wish more of you snot nosed whippersnappers thought like mitch tbh.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

ATG wrote:

I wish more of you snot nosed whippersnappers thought like mitch tbh.
And think highly of Bernie Madoff? No thanks. I'm good with being a snot nosed whippersnapper if that's the case.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-03-14 16:10:00)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

War Man... Ready for War!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

Mitch wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Right cause thats totally what i was taught
Of course not, you came up with those ideas yourself.  That's the scariest part actually.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
School is better because;

a- different teachers, different perspectives.
b- social skills
c- friendship groups
d- controlled environment
e- the relationship between the tutor and student is without blinding factors, i.e. maternal relationship
f- you get laid in school.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5710|College Park, MD
Private school
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Private school
This. Better education without losing the social aspects.

Although people do tend to be a bit snobbier, lol. I went to private school for kindergarten.

...let's just say there's a reason I wanted to go to public school so bad after that.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5710|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Private school

Although people do tend to be a bit snobbier, lol. I went to private school for kindergarten.

...let's just say there's a reason I wanted to go to public school so bad after that.
Yeah, it comes with the territory. I mean, if you live in the DC metro area public school might be a better option. There are some damn good public schools in the suburbs of DC. Unfortunately, within DC proper the public school system sucks.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Private school

Yeah, it comes with the territory. I mean, if you live in the DC metro area public school might be a better option. There are some damn good public schools in the suburbs of DC. Unfortunately, within DC proper the public school system sucks.
Like the school Malia and Sasha go to? lol
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5964|Minnesota

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

They aren't teaching them correct science.
And what makes you say that?
Teaching children creationism over evolution.
Teaching children that dead things could come back to life if God wills it.
Teaching kids that the Earth is only 7000 years old.
Teaching kids that magic exist.
Extreme is it not?
i go to one of two private schools in the nation that got this blue ribbon award of excellence from the department of education, i also am taught that i eat the body and blood of a carpenter from nazareth who was born 2000 years ago. your argument does not prove anything

Last edited by clogar (2009-03-14 21:54:18)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
The only thing creationists restrict on education is evolution. Rest like cell theory and physicis is still the same.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

clogar wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

And what makes you say that?
Extreme is it not?
i go to one of two private schools in the nation that got this blue ribbon award of excellence from the department of education, i also am taught that i eat the body and blood of a carpenter from nazareth who was born 2000 years ago. your argument does not prove anything
Cool story clogar, too bad I was referring to home schooled children and not private school.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5964|Minnesota

Macbeth wrote:

clogar wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extreme is it not?
Cool story clogar, too bad I was referring to home schooled children and not private school.
oh my bad
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Private school

And get molested and have to wear straw hats.

And anyway private education is no better then the public system.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

Home schooling is typically pretty screwed up. It doesn't have to be, but it usually is.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DrunkFace wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Private school

And get molested and have to wear straw hats.

And anyway private education is no better then the public system.
That's only at Catholic private school.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6714
There are so many assholes in schools(Mostly middle schools).  I started middle school with loads of friends, and I was an excellent student who was way ahead.  If I had taken my parents advice back then and been home schooled, I think I would be a better student and more social than I currently am.  I had to deal with so many asshole students and so many asshole teachers who were so stupid that it destroyed my faith in people, and it destroyed my faith in education.  I would be a much happier person if I had been home schooled. 

This is a case of the government wanting people to be reliant on it.  The more reliant people are on the government, the more powerful it is and the less powerful individuals are.  Public school teaches you that the world is full or incompetent morons who have to be obeyed regardless.  It makes it easier for Government if its citizens think like this.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6714

FatherTed wrote:

b- social skills
c- friendship groups
d- controlled environment
e- the relationship between the tutor and student is without blinding factors, i.e. maternal relationship
f- you get laid in school.
Can you elaborate on that?  It is rather vague, to say the least.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Can you elaborate on that?  It is rather vague, to say the least.
I can do that one for you.

I had a teacher with Communist/Leninist leanings (she visited the Eastern Bloc under the Soviets more than once, history and English literature classes), a Sri-Lankan who fled with his family due to the situation with the Tamil Tigers and his involvement (physics and maths classes), a British Immigrant who had very conservative 'British' values (a monarchy and empire type, 1st chem teacher), a teacher who was on the Australian womens softball team (2nd chem teacher), a teacher who was married to a former heroin addict (PE teacher), a by the books conservative Australian who is heading into retirement with his yacht and wife pretty soon (maths)... I didn't continue all of these classes into my last year of school but I did go back to each of them for advice on different matters.

Yes, I didn't go to your 'typical' public school, but who does?

Last edited by Flecco (2009-03-15 12:55:18)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard