Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

nor do you take on mass amounts of people from other countries.
More importantly why is that? Do these immigrants have some sort of death wish?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

well duh.

wouldnt you float across an ocean in a bath tub for shitty health care?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

well duh.

Quite literally since Micheal Moore used the Cuban system as one of his examples .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

well duh.

Quite literally since Micheal Moore used the Cuban system as one of his examples .
ya but never mind things like that.  not important or relevant.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Marine: Fair enough but I was only using NZ as an example seeing as I know it best. You're also worse than Bosnia, Puerto Rico, Jordan, Finland, The EU, (that's a pretty diverse one for you,) The UK, Guam, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Luxembourg, South Korea, Malta, Israel, Monaco, Canada, Iceland, Switzerland, (which also has a crappy healthcare system,) Australia, San Morino and Japan to name but a few.

Kmarion: Healthcare is but one issue, strangely enough it's the issue we're talking about. Immigrants come to America for many reaon, I guaran-fucking-tee you it isn't for better healthcare.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Ty wrote:

Fair enough but I was only using NZ as an example seeing as I know it best. You're also worse than Bosnia, Puerto Rico, Jordan, Finland, The EU, (that's a pretty diverse one for you,) The UK, Guam, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Luxembourg, South Korea, Malta, Israel, Monaco, Canada, Iceland, Switzerland, (which also has a crappy healthcare system,) Australia, San Morino and Japan to name but a few.
so what?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Worse by leading the entire developed world in medical breakthroughs?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Kmarion wrote:

Worse by leading the entire developed world in medical break throughs?
dont be so trivial
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

So what? Are you seriously content with that? Fucking Hell man, I sure as Hell wouldn't be.

Kmarion we're talking about the healthcare system. America makes huge massive strides in making cures for various things but meanwhile you guys have some of the crappiest healthcare in the developed world. I'd say that the fact that America does make such huge strides in this area is even more a reason to actually want something more than what you're getting.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

Kmarion wrote:

Worse by leading the entire developed world in medical breakthroughs?
Worse in terms of access and affordability to the average consumer.

That matters more for the average person than the other.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Ty wrote:

So what? Are you seriously content with that? Fucking Hell man, I sure as Hell wouldn't be.
explain to me why people from other countries come here for health care before you toss out stats
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Ty wrote:

No I am not. But the benefits of competition should not be ignored.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

usmarine wrote:

explain to me why people from other countries come here for health care before you toss out stats
I'm talking about healthcare for Americans though. People come to America for procedures because like Kmarion said you guys lead the entire developed world in medical breakthroughs.

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Agreed. What are they exactly?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Turquoise
O Canada

Ty wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I'm talking about healthcare for Americans though. People come to America for procedures because like Kmarion said you guys lead the entire developed world in medical breakthroughs.
Which actually suggests that the infrastructure we have would be better able to handle socialized care at a higher quality level than Europe has done.

We have a lot more MRI machines than any other country, for example.

So, in many ways, comparing our possibilities in socialization to those of Europe isn't very accurate at all.

If anything, our better infrastructure is more supportive of socialization.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Ty wrote:

I'm talking about healthcare for Americans though
tell me if your stats include legal or and/or illegal people.
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Oh, we don't have to ignore them.  Lobbyists already destroy a lot of the benefits of competition we would otherwise have because of things like pharmaceutical companies colluding to raise prices.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Ty wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Motivation to do your best.. innovation, results, shorter lines..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Oh, we don't have to ignore them.  Lobbyists already destroy a lot of the benefits of competition we would otherwise have because of things like pharmaceutical companies colluding to raise prices.
See reply about the absurd belief that lobbyist will go away when politicians have more money. I say shine the light on them to fix it. You say live in the dark, assume that everything we know about our political shenanigans isn't true..

Turquoise wrote:

That matters more for the average person than the other.
You're speaking for the average whole now? I do not accept the idea that it has to be one or the other.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

Ty wrote:

Vax wrote:

Just curious where you are quoting that from..is that from "Sicko" ?

Because both statements are utterly false

According to the UN population division and the CIA world factbook the US has a rate around  6 deaths per 1000 births, just slightly worse than the UK's 4. Life expectancy is around 78, with the very "best" rated country at 82, and a world average of 67.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … ality_rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … expectancy
I knew someone would bring me up for that. I did get that from Sicko which just proves what kind of a documentarian Michael Moore is.

But let's look at actual facts. The US is 45th in the world when ranked by life expectancy. This is the most powerful most rich nation and it's 45th! Are you satisfied with that? Fucking Hell I wouldn't be, I'm not exactly thrilled with NZ's 32nd placement but hey, we're still better than the United States.

Now infant mortality rates. The US is the 180th worst. That may sound okay out of a selection of 222, but you sit above Cuba in yout infant mortality rates. Cuba is better than you. You keep company with places like Croatia and Belarus. South Korea is slightly better than you, The Faroe Islands slightly worse. Doesn't that piss you off? Although Moore's traditional overstatement paints it probably worse than it actually is, (does it, I'm not too sure,) a country like The United States shouldn't be ranked among places like Guam.

Americans shouldn't be satisfied with this. Are any of you?
Not really. I don't play games with the stats like "Cuba is above us on THE LIST so therefore Cuba is better than us" blah blah. It's more complicated than that, and there are a lot more things that go into the numbers ... using that as THE indicator of how good our healthcare is, is way oversimplifying.

A tiny country with socialized healthcare is just a different beast than the usa.
Our infant mortality is pretty darn good for a country this size and with a sizeable portion of poor...If things like prenatal care and simple dietary education could be brought to more people below the poverty line the numbers would improve.

Our life expectancy is decent too and would be better if Americans didn't have such lousy eating habits/obesity problems -- that alone is more a factor than whether we socialize our healthcare more. 

You know Moore is dishonest; don't fall for it

wth, I was just trying to fix up a goofy sentence I wrote, must have hit the wrong thing

Last edited by Vax (2009-03-12 21:05:43)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Man you D&ST guys write fast and a lot. I'm seriously struggling to keep up here.

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They don't seem to be working. I see no evidence of it anyway.

Vax I'm not playing games with stats, the truth is that Cuba is better than the United States in matters like infant mortality rates and according to the UN list, (as opposed to the CIA one,) better life expectancy too. And yeah it's a different beast and yeah there are many other issues that come into it but America is well known for having a faulty healthcare system and these statistics do back up that view.
[Blinking eyes thing]
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Ty wrote:

the truth is that Cuba is better than the United States in matters like infant mortality rates
and abortion rates?

good rates when you kill them before they are born
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Abortion is a whole different messed up debate. How 'bout we leave that one for the thousands of other threads on that particular subject?

The topic of the debate is healthcare just so we're clear.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

Ty wrote:

Man you D&ST guys write fast and a lot. I'm seriously struggling to keep up here.

Kmarion wrote:

Ty wrote:

Vox I'm not playing games with stats, the truth is that Cuba is better than the United States in matters like infant mortality rates and according to the UN list, (as opposed to the CIA one,) better life expectancy too. And yeah it's a different beast and yeah there are many other issues that come into it but America is well known for having a faulty healthcare system and these statistics do back up that view.
lol

Tiny Cuba is at 5 and the united states at 6.

OMG faulty healthcare !

Ok man.
I really have to see this movie I guess, I'm curious how fatass Mr Moore seems to keep working his magic.

editz, i fail at code

Last edited by Vax (2009-03-12 21:24:01)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Ty wrote:

The topic of the debate is healthcare just so we're clear.
no sorry.  you brought up that stat a few times that ties directly to the abortion rate.  dont be a fucking smart ass when it kills that argument.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6724

Vax wrote:

Ty wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Vox I'm not playing games with stats, the truth is that Cuba is better than the United States in matters like infant mortality rates and according to the UN list, (as opposed to the CIA one,) better life expectancy too. And yeah it's a different beast and yeah there are many other issues that come into it but America is well known for having a faulty healthcare system and these statistics do back up that view.
lol

Tiny Cuba is at 5 and the united states at 6.

OMG faulty healthcare !

Ok man.
I really have to see this movie I guess, I'm curious how [strikethrough] fatass[/strikethrough] Mr Moore seems to keep working his magic.
I watched a little of sicko on cable... it was pathetic... you look at Michael Moore who dresses like a homeless guy and wonder what makes him tick... He is disgusted by his country yet rakes in millions of dollars from his biased movies... Luckily he is pretty marginalized at this point...
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard