$kelet0r
+16|6682

ShotYourSix wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Uhm, so we would sit around and do nothing?  There were no battles in the cold war, no blood was shed, what would be the point of that?
quite true my friend but check out Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising if you wanna see what it coulda been like:)
One of my best reads of all time.......
*shudders
Tom Clancy ..... Good Read - words that should never ever be used in the same sentence
skratch-x
+25|6636|NY, USA
Yeah I used to read a ton of Clancy... In 8th grade.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.
Tom Clancy books = hell no. Tom Clancy games = hell yes!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Bf3 for me as already mentioned in other thread would be, Baghdad and Kabul.
SlickWRX
+6|6743
Spears and rocks...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

$kelet0r wrote:

BF 2142 IS NOT BF3
its what BF vietnam was to BF 1942

BF2142 is a response to a resurgent Planetside and the upcoming ET Quake Wars
Well next installment then. Preferably, I would have liked to have seen WWI. There's not much else, only reason i don't like the cold war is cuz of too much MGS3
WWI would be incredibly boring too.

You spawn.
You sit there throwing grenades for a few minutes, take a few sniper shots or maybe man a machine gun.
You go over the top.
You try not to die.
You make it to the other trench.
You try hard not to die.
You start attacking the enemy inside with a semi automatic rifle.
You try very hard not to die.
You die.
VidSicious
+25|6774
I would like a middle ages game:

Knights with long swords, crossbows, daggers  = assault
Anyone on horseback gets shield and lance = armor
Longbowmen with longbows, short sword, dagger = snipers
Monks with staff, short sword, dagger = medics
Crude bomb guys with powderkegs, short sword, dagger = special ops
Squires with short sword, shield, dagger (can sharpen your weapons that get dulled) = support
Axe guys with axe, shield, dagger = engineers to fix trebuchets with axe
Commanders get flaming trebuchets

Instead of capping flags, you destroy and cap mini-castles that can have a few people defending inside.  When destroyed and capped they magically are rebuilt and you can defend or move on.

All sorts of moves are possible including blocking, ducking, rolling, etc. 

Either this middle ages game, or I would like BF2 with ability to jump and shoot, and with the ability to stand up after being prone and not get the G*$ D@%^ programming induced lag crap!
LG-MindBullets
+10|6720|Kirkland, WA

theDude5B wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

Lestat<CoN> wrote:

well actually Cloaking snipers arent too far fetched they have already developed a Jacket that can show whats behind the wearer i have a pic somewhere of it in action it doesnt work that great but if they put some effort and money into it who knows but i would like something realistic along the way of the current next gen weaponary and vechiles
Yeh but I'm guessing there's no easy way to power it unless that person wants to carry 10 car batteries around or something.
nah i think it is developed using photo sensitive chemicals so does not require a battery. Or so the one i read/hear about was.
I don't know if I'm thinking of the same technology that you're referring to, but I have seen prototypes for adaptive camoflouge in a couple forms. I think the version you may be thinking of employs the use of fiber optics where a fiber optic wire is connected from one side of a vehicle or suit to the other so that light coming in on one side is transferred out the opposite, essentially displaying the light coming from behind the object. This works better on rigid rather than deformable objects though because the entry and exit angle of each light vector can be predetermined without the possibility of being offset by deformations. However, I would imagine that this would require a powerful computer to control and probably would require a significant amount of energy to adjust or modulate the influx of light. For example in a bright outdoor environment it may be necessary that the light coming in one side of the object is amplified before exiting the other side, whereas light may be able to pass directly through under different natural lighting conditions.

The other form of adaptive camoflouge is somewhat more practical, especially in the application of deformable objects such as the clothing a soldier might wear. It uses OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes), which are basically display screens that use chemical rather than electrical reactions to release light. Because the light emitting mechanism isn't restrained by the rigidity that prevents electrical displays from being flexible the light emitting surface can be deformed under certain conditions and can be extremely thin, in some cases as thin as several sheets of paper. This technology isn't science fiction either, and is already being used in some devices such as cell phone displays. Right now the largest issues the technology faces is lifespan and cost, although it is believed that when perfected that they should be fairly affordable. Using this technology you wouldn't necessarily be able to replicate the background environment exactly but you could have an object or a soldier uniform conform it's color and texture pattern to closely match its environment similar to a chameleon. Because it's a chemical and not electrical based technology it would also be free from large power requirements and is thin enough to not restrict mobility. This is a more practical approach for adaptive camoflouge and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some working prototypes that do this in the next 5-10 years.

Other than cell phone and computer monitor displays I think one of the first innovative uses of this technology will be foldable real-time newspapers. Imagine having a display screen connected to a device like an Ipod that you can roll up and put in your pocket. I think you may also see this technology used in advertising such as putting a screen on a sphere or cylindrical pillar in a mall. The video or image could be displayed on a pillar in 360 degrees.

Last edited by LG-MindBullets (2006-03-23 10:58:20)

Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6632|Germany
b) would be great.
I hate games where everybody has laser weaps.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
I love how EA completly skipped the Korean Conflict.  I guess everyone was right when they called it the forgotten war.

But on a bright note, I think they should do Battlefield GTA.

Could you imagine Grand Theft Auto as a multiplayer game!!!!??  Ohh the insanity.
FSFGrimes
+1|6741
Korea wouldv'e been fun becuase its a mix of WW2 and Vietnam.

Honestly I wish 2142 was its own origional game sans the Battlefield name brand and then make us want a new BF game. Then make a BF MMOFPS that was set in modern times featuring multiple countries you can play as in a single theatre of war. Or base it off of all of our smaller wars Panama, Kosovo, Iraq, Afganistan. But they opted against that becuase Iraq is too much a hot topic issue.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

FSFGrimes wrote:

Korea wouldv'e been fun becuase its a mix of WW2 and Vietnam.

Honestly I wish 2142 was its own origional game sans the Battlefield name brand and then make us want a new BF game. Then make a BF MMOFPS that was set in modern times featuring multiple countries you can play as in a single theatre of war. Or base it off of all of our smaller wars Panama, Kosovo, Iraq, Afganistan. But they opted against that becuase Iraq is too much a hot topic issue.
http://www.bf-korea.com/

Flamethrowers would be good too.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

what is very impressive is if you visit the Korean War Memorial in Washington DC.  I doesn't get the same attention as the vietnam war memorial but you'll notice that there were many many more people who lost their lives in that war than in Vietnam.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6648|South Korea.

superfly_cox wrote:

what is very impressive is if you visit the Korean War Memorial in Washington DC.  I doesn't get the same attention as the vietnam war memorial but you'll notice that there were many many more people who lost their lives in that war than in Vietnam.
My grandad was in the Korean War, he says he dosen't like to talk about it, but I heard it from my mum anyway.
Rellim83
+7|6681|PA
I think since EA bought westwood, they should have remade C@C renegade....great game but came out way to early since everyone still had 56k modems.  Get all the fun flame/stealth/mammoth tanks, as well as arty and cool infantry.
Seaneroo
+12|6658
BF3 Civil War!

Everyone has to get out of their vehicles and aircraft and fight shoulder to shoulder!  Instead of UAV and radio you have signal flags!  Twenty second loading process (press 1 to open cartridge, 2 to insert ball in barrel, 3 to insert gunpowder, 4 to ram the ball and powder down, 5 to set the percussion cap)!  Significant reduction in rifle accuracy at 50 yards!  So much smoke you can't see 5 feet in front of you!

Of course, then some people would grab a horse every opportunity and get called "cavalry whores."
thefousteph
+8|6730
BF3 should be a great 1942 with a new engine, new maps (with classic ones back)
- OR -
BF 2040 - new tank design, chopper, gun - NO LASER, NO MECH, NO OVERCRAFT

no bugs just more of the good stuff!!!

...and 2142 is NOT BF3 cause it use the same engine as BF2 - just like BFV was to 1942

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard