Poll

Attacking uncappable bases: tick all that you find acceptable.

Lone spec-ops destruction of enemy assets.18%18% - 260
Spec-ops accompanied by soldier (e.g. support).16%16% - 226
Jet and chopper strikes on enemy commander assets.13%13% - 188
Jet /chopper strikes on soldiers in uncappable bases.9%9% - 129
Artillery on vehicles and soldiers in uncappable bases.10%10% - 151
Snipers attacking soldiers inside uncappable bases.11%11% - 161
Whole squads attacking enemy uncappable bases.9%9% - 132
Vehicles attacking enemy uncappable bases.8%8% - 119
None of the above, unless one team has no uncap bases.1%1% - 15
None of the above, regardless of map design.0%0% - 11
Total: 1392
Arkanon
+3|6695|London, UK
Tick all of the forms of attack you find acceptable on uncappable (red-circled) enemy bases.

For what it's worth, I think that all forms of attack on uncappable bases are acceptable. It sucks when you're pinned down in your own base, but that usually only happens when your team has completely let the side down.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
It's all acceptable, war is hell deal with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
Well said Cbass.  Shouldn't have let your team fall so far in the hole in the first place.

"You're the shittiest team I've ever laid eyes on..."

KJ

Makes it hard to be USMC on Sweep or Wake, but suck it up soldier! You've got a job to do.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6698|NCFSU2

Cbass wrote:

It's a game. NOT war. Could you PC warriors please stop saying this??
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6662|USA
I agree with Cbass (Dumb and Dumber?? Just guessing?) If they backed you into the uncappable you should have played better. I know we don't always get the best team players on a team or how Wake is the toughest uncappable to get off of, you still shoul dbe able to deal. I like when the rule not to attack an Uncap is posted but the clan of the server rapes the hell out of you at your uncappable.  Just disconnect...find anotehr.
Torin
+52|6692
Agreed. The server I play on has a motto, "War is Hell, we use the whole map."

If it was intended any other way, you think they'd implement something to allow you to prevent it. As is, it is only an administration issue, which I interpret as going against the true nature of the game. Any rules such as these are just catering to unskilled, babied players who need safety nets around all aspects of their gameplay to prevent frustration from being out-gunned, out-matched and out-played.
Torin
+52|6692

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Cbass wrote:

It's a game. NOT war. Could you PC warriors please stop saying this??
It's a WAR GAME.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Do whatever you like providing it's in the rules. And the rules dont say you can't do they?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
i clicked them all but the last two.
bingobones
+6|6725|London, UK
me too
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6633|Florida
I will say in Arkanon's defense that I have often gone into a server to find one side is just way stacked and the team you wind up on are a bunch of noobs, so it can be very frustrating to join a server only to be stuck with a team that has no balls to do any actual fighting. My answer to this though is not to ban attacking uncappables, but to leave that server. You leaving, is a vote against what that server stands for. If they are team stacking, then in my opinion that's stat padding. There's no reason you can't divy up teams equally. On the other hand, if teams are even and you are stuck at an uncappable, then you just suck and need more practice. Get over it, we all could use some more practice.....

Last edited by [zulu]steviep831 (2006-03-23 09:03:57)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837

Cbass wrote:

War may be hell but this is a game, you are aware of that. right ?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6662|USA

Horseman 77 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

And now the flames will rise again and be directed towards thou. Good Luck Friend.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

Horseman 77 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

No im not aware of that kuz im a dumbshit like u. of course i know that! Like Torin said its a war game. do u think the other team is going to cut u any slack and let u take a flag back? i don't think so they are going to rape u blind. so do the same to them. there is a way out of every tight spot. it might cost u some deaths but if it helps get u out of the hole it's worth it.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-03-23 09:14:57)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6793|South Cybertown, Texas

Cbass wrote:

DIDO X2 !!!!!!!!!
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6742
I won't lie, I love climbing that mountain and picking dudes off on Sharqhi at the mec chopper spawn point....

"almost to the chopper, almost to the chopper..."

*BOOM HEAD SHOT*

ho ho ho
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6696|RCM Headquarters
Don't like getting attacked in an uncappable?  Play this instead:

http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/G … rescue.htm
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA
The only reason that I find attacking uncappable bases acceptable is because on most maps the team with the uncappable base has a HUGE advantage over the team that can't fall back to a safe hold. There's no reason to defend an uncappable base that is under serious attack (except to protect commander assets) if it's going to cost your team in KD ticket bleed. Stop defending it! Try to take another base and divide the concentration of forces on the map. I think Wake Island may be the only exception to this. Sometimes if you have a crappy team there is simply nothing you can do to get off the carrier or get a boat off the artillery island. In this case it would be your team's fault for getting into that situation, but I don't always think that good players should be punished for the incompetence of their team mates.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6745

LG-MindBullets wrote:

I think Wake Island may be the only exception to this. Sometimes if you have a crappy team there is simply nothing you can do to get off the carrier or get a boat off the artillery island. In this case it would be your team's fault for getting into that situation, but I don't always think that good players should be punished for the incompetence of their team mates.
You start in that situation bro, it is not you or your teams fault for being in an uncap only situation which you get started in. With two good pilots on China you will never see land except in brief 15 second intervals. Wake is possibly the most horribly unbalanced map in favor of China, but back in the days when the blackhawk worked it proved to be the most effective counter (flag hop the airfield first, then cap China down to one flag, and rape the shit out of them with the miniguns - game over). Now this is gone, and the J10s have even more of an advantage with the new missle lock. Good luck USMC, you don't have a chance especially if China decides to spawn rape you.
Junior_Mud
+1|6667|Concord, CA
Comone guys, its simple as this.

Yes its a game, but its a war game! live it, love it. stop your bitching.

If you think attacking an uncappable is unfair. look at what.... well, most of everyone is saying. DONT suck and be in that position. And if you were delt a shitty hand and join a server that way. Then get your ass outta there!

I've swam a few times from the carrier to the island on Wake just to get a flag. Yes it takes a great 5 or so mins but its better than getting ass raped like a virgin church boy on polk street in SanFrancisco on new years eve.

Suck it up and play! you don't hear the people on the other team that doesn't have a non-cappable bitching that they sucked that round and lost ALL of their flags!

geeze, time to take my blood pressure medicin.

*shoots back 2 shots of patron*
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6698|NCFSU2

Horseman 77 wrote:

Cbass wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly with you Horseman. This is a game, made for the purpose of entertainment. Sure, it may be a war game, but in real life there is no respawn, no burned corpses on the side of the road, no acrid smell of burning metal and bodies, no fields of blood and limbs. It's fucking pixels. I enjoy playing this game, sure, but when people start using it as an excuse to try and sound tough on the internet by saying things like "war is hell, deal with it", it really pisses me off. More than likely, it's some high school student saying shit like that who has no clue what a real war.

I've gone off, and await the flames, it's a given here with the kiddies. Basically, shut the hell up, this isn't war... It's a game, stop trying to sound like a hard-ass when most of you have no fucking clue.

I hardly ever swear, I must be pissed...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
I agree, war is hell, so deal with it.  One exception, though, is Wake Island.  constantly spamming the carrier with bombs, MG fire, and artillery rounds over and over and over is unacceptable in my book.  The USMC sometimes never even has a chance, and all of the aircraft whores keep switching so they're on the PLA team every round.  It's cheap, lame, and they know it.  So in other words, I agree with all forms of attacking except attacking with jets and helos

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-23 10:50:44)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Just play will ya.
chikler
+0|6626|Jimmyhat, Ontario
Besides stat-padding, I would like to see anything go.

Stealing the other teams armor, plans, choppers is just plain smart!

Object of game: to have fun. You should be able to find a server that you can do what you want.  I think that is the key, find a server that allows what you want and play there.

Once stole a Su, and was flying around, Admin came up and warned me to leave the jet.  The jet was sitting their the whole round.... So I crashed it into one of their tanks, and left the server. Their server, their rules. I'll go play somewhere else. Where I can do that kind of stuff, and someone can do it back to me!

As for Spawn killing, I like it, a few times I have been pegged as soon as I spawned (Sharqi), so you spawn and get them. Then once they are dead you smile and go on your way (or as I do, send 2 pot shots at them with the pistol, one for each time they yell MEDIC).

After all, who cares about stats, I care about having fun
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
THIER IN MY MAIN BASE!!!  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  I CAN'T GET MY LEET SU-30!!!  WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

STFU and get over it.  It's a game.  If you don't like it, go play in one of those pussy servers that babysits all the players like a bunch of nannies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard