af7ersh0ck
+6|6673|Albany, NY, USA
Ok guys, me and a clan I'm about to join are having trouble getting our server populated.  I'm not sure if I can post something like this here, but it doesn't seem like too extreme of a request.

Clan:  =FuB= (Forever United in Brotherhood)
Server:  =FuB= City Maps
IP:  64.69.47.106
Port:  Stock (16567)
Current Players:  Just me... (oMFg_K Af7erI3urner)
Current Map:  Mashtuur City
Average Ping:  25-150 (Depends on Player - server's pretty steady though)
VOIP:  Enabled
Squads:  Enabled
Vote Kick/Mutiny:  Yes/Yes
Ranked:  Yes

We're going to just have some awesome fun fooling around, or do whatever amusing until a couple more players get on, so be there before we get enough players for some crazy shit! 

I'm not trying to advertise the clan, or the server really (even though I geuss I'm doing that anyway sorry ).  We're just worried that our server is going to get stuck in the No-player Pit of Quicksand that about 80% of the Battlefield 2 servers are in right now, that keeps them there.

Yea - I doubt this will solve the problem permanently (maybe not at all), but any takers would be a huge help!

Thanks for any consideration or help and support you guys can give.

Good luck, have fun, and FRAG LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6752|Norway

af7ersh0ck wrote:

We're just worried that our server is going to get stuck in the No-player Pit of Quicksand that about 80% of the Battlefield 2 servers are in right now, that keeps them there.
Abit too far away for me I'm afraid..

If everythings kosher and you can fork up 25$ a month I guess you could try to get it into the GetPaid2Play program - that seems to generate some interest..

Just make sure the server has a tight set of rules (not much room for "interpretation") and rule-enforcing admins and people will come to appreciate the server as a clean, good place to be..

Hope everything works out! https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2655/wave7pw.gif
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6671|949

I always check that server when I play, it seems like it only was really populated on the weekend, I'll keep trying it though.  Its one of those things where I'll play if theres enough people, but I don't really like to sit around and wait for it to populate, seeing as about 90% of the time I play at an Internet Cafe, and I want to get some solid gaming in.
af7ersh0ck
+6|6673|Albany, NY, USA
Thanks for the help guys!  I'm trying to monitor this thread as well.

NOTE:  We're getting some weird lag right now, but it seems to have gone away for a bit.  Might just be me though.

Edit:  Ok, it seems to be a lag spike - I just got kicked for having 200 ping.  Still anyone's welcome to try...

Last edited by af7ersh0ck (2006-03-02 10:56:08)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6671|Derby, England

Hi bro how many members u have ? at the moment ? I will see if i can get few of my boys to Jump on your server and Give u a hand to start it up. what I usualy do

Little tip go to Bf2cc and disable idle kick for players sign in the game and stay there messaround or what ever but stayn in game after about 30 mins or so u will see people joining server as long as u enforce sum rules on server people will come back

Like my server rules are as follows

No atacking fixed base ( unless u are a sniper or destroyng comanders toys )
The start time is set on 50 secs ( reason wjhen people load sum load faster then others this way everyone starts at same time and u can create squads while u waiting to be spawned )

U wouldent belive sum of the stuff I had2 do to get members and Servers filled up

I started even making Custom maps so people would come over to my site and check it out I uploadit on BF2files  Maps I made

Thug War
Old Tunnel Map ( shoot em up ) I been told U cant make Tunel on BF2 I maniged to create whole level under ground bit like that film Daylight its 1 bad ass practice map for clans

Then my clan and I started offering Tools for BF2 which u can see sum of here www.BADHQ.com

Advanced clan tools other then that I spend god knows how much time on countless of BF2 forums promoting clan ( with in reason )

If u still need help bro give me a shout on my site and i will get few of my boys to come on your server and help u start it up :-)

but as i sead easy option would be just disable idle time kick go in to server and stay there u dont even need2 play go do your every day things that u do come back and check with in the server u will find few people will be on :-)

I houpe sum of the tips will help you above and if not Post up on my site and u can advertise it on my forums there you have my premission :-)

peace Boris
www.BADHQ.com

Last edited by badhq (2006-03-02 11:34:54)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6752|Norway

badhq wrote:

Hi bro how many members u have ? at the moment ? I will see if i can get few of my boys to Jump on your server and Give u a hand to start it up. what I usualy do

Little tip go to Bf2cc and disable idle kick for players sign in the game and stay there messaround or what ever but stayn in game after about 30 mins or so u will see people joining server as long as u enforce sum rules on server people will come back

Like my server rules are as follows

No atacking fixed base ( unless u are a sniper or destroyng comanders toys )
The start time is set on 50 secs ( reason wjhen people load sum load faster then others this way everyone starts at same time and u can create squads while u waiting to be spawned )

U wouldent belive sum of the stuff I had2 do to get members and Servers filled up

I started even making Custom maps so people would come over to my site and check it out I uploadit on BF2files  Maps I made

Thug War
Old Tunnel Map ( shoot em up ) I been told U cant make Tunel on BF2 I maniged to create whole level under ground bit like that film Daylight its 1 bad ass practice map for clans

Then my clan and I started offering Tools for BF2 which u can see sum of here www.BADHQ.com

Advanced clan tools other then that I spend god knows how much time on countless of BF2 forums promoting clan ( with in reason )

If u still need help bro give me a shout on my site and i will get few of my boys to come on your server and help u start it up :-)

but as i sead easy option would be just disable idle time kick go in to server and stay there u dont even need2 play go do your every day things that u do come back and check with in the server u will find few people will be on :-)

I houpe sum of the tips will help you above and if not Post up on my site and u can advertise it on my forums there you have my premission :-)

peace Boris
www.BADHQ.com
OK, well it does help to have a kick-ass webpage too.. Very, very nice!

EDIT: Can you switch off TKpunish on a ranked server?

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-03-02 15:41:54)

Breez
+937|6671|Derby, England

If U need a site Bro we do help to build that to ;-) lol

as for your question as Far as I know U can switch off TK Punish off Greets Bro Boris
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6752|Norway

badhq wrote:

If U need a site Bro we do help to build that to ;-) lol

as for your question as Far as I know U can switch off TK Punish off Greets Bro Boris
Hmmm.... and you'r server is in England???

I might have to check this out
section9
+9|6886|USA
is it a 34 minute server? lots of tickets ? whats the deal? do you kick peeps after 1 ff accident like obc does?
Breez
+937|6671|Derby, England

Well we have 3 servers 2 in Europe 1 in US as my clan is international

As for kick well I think U get enugh oportunaty Bifore u are kick let me give u a example bifore u are kicked from my server

atacking fixed base not allowed If u cought doin that Game will pause for everyone ( so everyone can Read admin message ) and message will pop up on screen as follows

======= Pls stop atacking fixed base or u will be booted =======
the message will be coppyed and pasted 3 times so people will see it up the top of theyr screen if i cought u doing same thing agin I.E atacking fixed base I will Kick you from the server with the massage as follows

Sorry to kick you from server but u have broken server rules after u have been warned Kick lasts for 2mins and u can come back in normal if u come back after that and brake the same rule 3rd time

Lets face it u had planty of warnings u will be baned for 24 houers from my server

I do not Count as atacking fixed base is a skill dos not take much to kill people dropin bombs on them when they trying 2 take off ( my clan members do not brake this rules as much as they want2 as they get harsh panishment from me lets face it if anyone should know the server rules it should be a clan members )

also server rules are on Loading screen after everymap and most regulars that do come on my server Know this rules and Know that there is admin 24/7 on server thats why they like it

Bifore u join the server i would sujest looking at the front page of www.BADHQ.com just to make sure that there is admin in game If server is full pop on TeamSpeak and I will make a slot for anyone that comes on the TS Peace Guys Boris
af7ersh0ck
+6|6673|Albany, NY, USA
See?  Our server's cursed!  I even post about it for help and everyone's like "SWEET SERVER BAD!  BRT!!!1!one".  X_X

Anyways, was just kidding - thanks for the help Boris!
Devolant
+3|6676|Sweden
I just tried connecting to your server on
64.69.47.106:16567

It keeps telling me I need to have punkbuster activated to join. I do! I've been looking like a madman for a 24/7 mashtuur with 32-64 players..
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6671|949

if you are in sweden, most likely you will have ridiculous ping in this server.  I am on the west coast of the US, and I get pings of around 10 in this server.  If you like playing with a high ping, join, but if not, i wouldn't even bother.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6752|Norway

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

if you are in sweden, most likely you will have ridiculous ping in this server.  I am on the west coast of the US, and I get pings of around 10 in this server.  If you like playing with a high ping, join, but if not, i wouldn't even bother.
Ahem, Sweden is known for having insane transferrates on broadband, so I bet he'll get a high, but playable ping..
I myself manage to play on the bf2s server in the states, but it is a larger risk of getting connection problems..
Thumper
+10|6731
bookmarked and I will play when able
oOoclementsjdoOo
+0|6708
You help me I help you its simple, we build your server you build up ours, its cool enough huh??

server name is =ATT= Stomping Grounds
IP: 69.90.115.37
PORT:16567
PLAYERS:22
SERVER LOCATION:chicago

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard