Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
By now im sure everybody is familiar with this problem, although its still giving me shit D: I just started playing BF2 again, and whenever i go to retrive my old account, or create a new account, i get a message saying "The server has refused the connection", and then i get redirected to the profile selection screen. Ive tried everything, updating punkbuster, disabling my antivirus, fidgting with my firewall, the works... Im running BF2 on vista, which could be half the problem, because vista isnt compatible with anything. Is there something im missing? Please no flamers, im new to the formus and havnt played BF2 in ages. -Thanks in advance
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng
PM me your account and password and i'll see if I can do it. If I can, then it's something to do with your internet, if I can't, then, well ..
#rekt
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
is your bf2 up to date with all the patches?  if you haven't played in ages, maybe you're running a version that doesn't work anymore.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
Ive got the latest patch, my buddy hooked me up. 1.41 if im not mistaken.
steelie34
pub hero!
maybe turn your firewall off completely, and make sure your router isnt blocking anything.  you could always take up mint's offer.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng
Well I could log in, so it must be something your end. :]
#rekt
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
D: well thats bad news, i tried recovering my account with my firewall completely disabled to no avail >< im starting to lose hope
steelie34
pub hero!
unfortunately, your last resort may be to contact EA... good luck
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
Ugh... thats shit. Where can i contact them at?
steelie34
pub hero!
http://support.ea.com

or

http://support.gamespyarcade.com/ics/su … eptID=3235

gamespy handles the bf2 accts, but i would try EA first.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6236|Man Diego

I don't run Vista, but I heard you have to use the properties button and log in as administrator.  I am sure I am not saying this correctly, but there is a feature to be run as the administrator if you are using Vista.  Try doing a search, or maybe someone would link you to a pertinent thread?
MysteryJake
+12|6204|California

Perv3rt wrote:

I don't run Vista, but I heard you have to use the properties button and log in as administrator.  I am sure I am not saying this correctly, but there is a feature to be run as the administrator if you are using Vista.  Try doing a search, or maybe someone would link you to a pertinent thread?
No he would still be able to log in. He would just get kicked by punkbuster when joining a server for not having Administrator privileges.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater

Perv3rt wrote:

Yeah, ive tried running it as an admin, but with no success, i can try again though.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?
Reinstalling and repatching normally fixes 99% of problems.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater

Miniman7474 wrote:

Reinstalling and repatching normally fixes 99% of problems.
God damnit why didnt I think of that? Shit man you may just have solved my problems, ill give it a whirl and kick back the results. Thanks bro.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
Ok, so the new copy of battlefield didnt work. So ive narrowed it down to one cause. Something is blocking my connection to the EA login servers. Its not punkbuster, my cd key, maitnece time, patching, administrator privilages, etc. It has to be something in my firewall or antivirus thats keeping BF2 from getting through. Im almost 95% sure of this. It has to be either my firewall or antivirus, although ive tried running BF@ with one or both disabled.  I have an older computer with xp that will run BF2 and get online but the game is just so laggy i cant play ><, at this point that might be what i end up playing on. Im desperate to play I wrote in to ea tech support and they fed me some bullshit about checking to see if my connection was secure, and that just sprinkled salt on the wound T_T
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6348|uk

If another PC connected to BF2 fine, then it's something "wrong" with your computer....

What Antivirus/ Firewall software are you running?

It's a long shot; but have you tried manually reinstalling BF2?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991
Gah, I got this too once. Turned out to be Norton's Firewall/Net security or whatever it is, disable both of those things if you use Norton's, then it should work fine.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
Im using Mcafee security with windows firewall, neither of which im too fond of. Ive tried running BF@ with either or both disabled but it didnt make a difference. Basicly what happening is the signal that is trying to connect to the EA login servers isnt even getting out of my CPU. I ran this program EA Tech Support gave me and i got a message saying "DNS lookup failed". I need a serous computer wizard to aid my problems.
steelie34
pub hero!
uninstall mcafee.  that crap causes more problems than it's worth.  if you still have problems, you might want to contact your isp...
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater

steelie34 wrote:

uninstall mcafee.  that crap causes more problems than it's worth.  if you still have problems, you might want to contact your isp...
What is isp? Im sorry if im a computer noob
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991
Internet service provider, people who give you internet.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6348|uk

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

I ran this program EA Tech Support gave me and i got a message saying "DNS lookup failed".
Try setting your DNS servers to OpenDNS... (how to do it)

Make sure you restart your computer after making the changes....

Do this with all your Firewalls and Antivirus' turned off- just in case.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2009-03-07 23:39:29)

Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater

Titch2349 wrote:

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

I ran this program EA Tech Support gave me and i got a message saying "DNS lookup failed".
Try setting your DNS servers to OpenDNS... (how to do it)

Make sure you restart your computer after making the changes....

Do this with all your Firewalls and Antivirus' turned off- just in case.
Gotcha, ill get right on that first thing tomorrow morning and thanks, have some Karma. I hope this works. I want to play so badly T_T
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5537|Iron Gater
Ok, well the OpenDNS approach and i still got that cursed message when i tried to log in to BF2. Something is seriously wrong here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard