Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater
Ok... two things. #1, does anybody know how to set up a bluetooth mic on vista? i would like to be able to talk with my team mates when i get online And second, i just bought a more recent version of battlefield. The only thing is, after i bought it, i read on the ebay auction i got it from that it only runs on xp... which made me extremal sad. Here is the link, in red text in roughly the middle of the page.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTLEFIELD-2-COMPL … 240%3A1318

After depression hit me i went to the gamefaqs forums and searched if people could run this on vista. I found that multiple people said yes, but im not sure who to believe D:

-Thanks in advance
hintakaari
+113|5909
it works on vista
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater

hintakaari wrote:

it works on vista
>< i sure hope so. I had trouble running the deluxe addition on vista, couldnt get online with it. I bought this version in hopes of it being recent enough to function properly on vista.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
I swear this was designed to be the hardest game in the world to get something simple working, joystick, key configs, mics etc.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

As people have said- yes it will work on Vista; Your Delux edition should also work, but meh....

Bluetooth Headphones? Yes, I got mine to work on Vista; Unfortunately, no I don't remember how, and yes, the quality was soooo crap, and yes, they worked sooooo irregularly, I went straight back to wired.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater
Yeah, things are looking that way. While we are on the topic of tech problems, my xfire account has been giving me some shit lately. I cant long in to the damn thing because my connection always times out. By any chance could i PM somebody my username and login to see if my account has the capability of logging in?
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater
K, so save this site from the horror of me posting a separate topic, im going to throw some of my noob questions into the mix.

#1. Is it possible to delete an online account and then turn around and create a new account with that same username?
#2. Does it sometimes take two hits with the shock paddles to revive somebody or am i just bad enough to miss the first time?
#3. Is it possible to access the unlockable weapons in single player?
#4. How does applying for commander work online? Is it just the first person to apply? Can you apply if somebody is already a commander?
#5. In the Special Forces expansion, is it possible to get another grappling hook or zipline if you so noobishly lost it? XD

Now for the BF2s questions.

#1. Is it just me or does the rest of the computers in the world have trouble loading pages from the site every once and a while?
#2. Is there a list of smilies i can do somewhere?
#3. How do i make colored text?...

If these questions dont get answered thats fine, ill make a separate topic in a couple of days.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

K, so save this site from the horror of me posting a separate topic, im going to throw some of my noob questions into the mix.

#1. Is it possible to delete an online account and then turn around and create a new account with that same username?
no
#2. Does it sometimes take two hits with the shock paddles to revive somebody or am i just bad enough to miss the first time?
lolhitreg
#3. Is it possible to access the unlockable weapons in single player?
theres a mod
#4. How does applying for commander work online? Is it just the first person to apply? Can you apply if somebody is already a commander?
no, and no, it's lieke the first person to apply, if multiple people apply it goes to the highest ranking person
#5. In the Special Forces expansion, is it possible to get another grappling hook or zipline if you so noobishly lost it? XD
press G (pickup kit key) to pick up your old one, otherwise i think it works with ammo
Now for the BF2s questions.

#1. Is it just me or does the rest of the computers in the world have trouble loading pages from the site every once and a while?
wat
#2. Is there a list of smilies i can do somewhere?
click reply click smilies
#3. How do i make colored text?...
click reply click bbcode
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater
Thankies you haff just made one noob very happy ^^

Last edited by Morbid_Hunger (2009-03-01 15:46:53)

SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5534|U.S.A.
If you are having problems running your BF2 on vista consider the following options.

1. Demand a refund for vista

2. Set BF2.exe to "Windows XP" compatability mode.
3. Set BF2.exe to "Processor 1" if you have a X2 (dual-core) processor.
4. Rename BF2.exe to BF2v.exe (if you have a dual-core)

Setting Affinity (processors) and renaming BF2.exe solves a whole host of problems.
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater

SGT_BlueHawk wrote:

If you are having problems running your BF2 on vista consider the following options.

1. Demand a refund for vista

2. Set BF2.exe to "Windows XP" compatability mode.
3. Set BF2.exe to "Processor 1" if you have a X2 (dual-core) processor.
4. Rename BF2.exe to BF2v.exe (if you have a dual-core)

Setting Affinity (processors) and renaming BF2.exe solves a whole host of problems.
I can run the program on my computer but i cant get online, i had some problems. I made a topic about it a few days ago.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=122068
Thanks for the advice though, ive got a quad core processer in my computer, it shouldnt have trouble with it. Karma for you
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater
The new copy of battlefield arrived yesterday, installed just fine, and... *drumrole* IT DIDNT WORK! The server still rejects meh The worst part is that i cant even play most of the single playeyer maps because i need an online account to start certain maps!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

The new copy of battlefield arrived yesterday, installed just fine, and... *drumrole* IT DIDNT WORK! The server still rejects meh The worst part is that i cant even play most of the single playeyer maps because i need an online account to start certain maps!
What error message do you get?

Are you running Battlefield 2 with adminitrator priviledges? (Right click on the Battlefield shortcut you use, select properties, click compatability, check "Run with Adminitrator Priviledges"). This will almost certainly fix your problem, 100% guaranteed

Are you patched to the latest version (if not, or you don't know what I mean, search for, and download Battlefield 2 1.41 patch; it should be ~500mb).

If none of these fix your problem, manually update Punkbuster by visiting www.evenbalance.com, and downloading and running a file called pbsetup.exe

Last edited by Titch2349 (2009-03-06 15:23:54)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

Titch2349 wrote:

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Are you running Battlefield 2 with adminitrator priviledges? (Right click on the Battlefield shortcut you use, select properties, click compatability, check "Run with Adminitrator Priviledges"). This will almost certainly fix your problem, 100% guaranteed

Are you patched to the latest version (if not, or you don't know what I mean, search for, and download Battlefield 2 1.41 patch; it should be ~500mb).

If none of these fix your problem, manually update Punkbuster by visiting www.evenbalance.com, and downloading and running a file called pbsetup.exe
Wait, are YOU the guy who is FRIENDS with JoshP irl?!?

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

urrrrr..... yeah :\
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5510|Iron Gater

Titch2349 wrote:

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Tried it, tried all of it. Sorry if i didnt elaborate on my problem that well, error on my end   Here is a link to the topic dusussing the  problem ive been having to deal with not relating to mic setup.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=122068
I guess battlefield isnt going to work on vista.

So nobody remembers how to set up a mic?... I guess that wont really be an issue till i can get online

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard