twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
I have $1,000 american dollars. build me the best computer please. thanks
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

Intended usage, any components you can recycle, Monitor, peripherals?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
It intend to use it for everyday use i guess. for school, gaming, the usual.  All i need is the computer part. No keyboard, monitor, etc.
max
Vela Incident

Any CPU intensive stuff like encoding, distributed computing, photoshop, ...?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
reusing old HDD's, Opticals, fans?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
nope. i have everything here. just really need the base hardware.
max
Vela Incident

is that nope directed at me or Ted?
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
to you max sorry. im going to need hdd and fans
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
What size screen you playing on?

Looking to OC?

Want a fancy case?

You a bit of a media junkie (Music, DVD's etc)?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
19" screen, not looking to overclock, and i have an old case so thats not an issue.  external hdd for music and dvds
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
As an average user, $1000 is going to go a long way
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC

FatherTed wrote:

As an average user, $1000 is going to go a long way
what i was hoping for i know nothing about computer except that they work sometimes.  i'm having a friend build it i just need some input on what to buy
max
Vela Incident

https://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1057/capture.png
https://img110.imageshack.us/img110/capture.png/1/w1492.png
890$ minus mail in rebates.

How's that for a start
Dual Core because you don't need that much CPU power. GTX260 is reasonably priced and tends to be slightly better than ATI. Good cooler for a nice OC headroom. Awesome PSU. Big HDD. Spending more really doesn't make sense for a gaming PC with a 19'' screen

If anything I'd get a nice 22'' monitor with what's left over
twinke228
da twinkster biatches
+13|6469|Chuck Town, SC
ok that looks like a good start. thanks for the help. i'll show my friend and hopefully can get some more input
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya

max wrote:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1057/capture.png
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/capt … /w1492.png
890$ minus mail in rebates.

How's that for a start
Dual Core because you don't need that much CPU power. GTX260 is reasonably priced and tends to be slightly better than ATI. Good cooler for a nice OC headroom. Awesome PSU. Big HDD. Spending more really doesn't make sense for a gaming PC with a 19'' screen

If anything I'd get a nice 22'' monitor with what's left over
This.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard