Yes, it's completely screwed up27%27% - 71
Yes, it's somewhat screwed up21%21% - 56
Kind of/Sort of16%16% - 44
No, not really18%18% - 48
No, it's not at all, and I'm a PKM whore15%15% - 41
Total: 260
{A.I}TheBusDriver
+2|6615
just shut up about the pkm already...............its that way for a reason............so i can pwn u.
slo5oh
+28|6662
I don't care how accurate it is when a guy is prone and cuts me in 2 with 10 or 20 rounds from 100 yards away, that's realistic... but I get pissed when I see the guy 2 yards in front of me DIVING toward the ground and starts shooting as he's still in the air and kills me in ONE SHOT SEVERAL times in one game with any heavy MG.  That's NOT realistic.
Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6623|UK
just scored my vet knife badge owning a guy with a pkm - okay i no i was lucky or wait was that skill lol
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

slo5oh wrote:

I don't care how accurate it is when a guy is prone and cuts me in 2 with 10 or 20 rounds from 100 yards away, that's realistic... but I get pissed when I see the guy 2 yards in front of me DIVING toward the ground and starts shooting as he's still in the air and kills me in ONE SHOT SEVERAL times in one game with any heavy MG.  That's NOT realistic.
I feel the same way.  I have said it before, it seems that EA give the person proning this way an advantage.  This, IMO, is the new bunny hopping for patch 1.21.  Down with prone whores.

One of the issues most people have with the PKM is it being used as a sniper rifle.   You can us almost any gun in BF2 this way.  It just takes time, and the PKM was the quickest to adjust to.  On the Sharqi, I have sniped a sniper from the flag at the Construction Site with a pistol as he climbed the ladder at the crane.  I have also sniped using the default Assualt rifle.
slo5oh
+28|6662

dubbs wrote:

slo5oh wrote:

I feel the same way.  I have said it before, it seems that EA give the person proning this way an advantage.  This, IMO, is the new bunny hopping for patch 1.21.  Down with prone whores.

One of the issues most people have with the PKM is it being used as a sniper rifle.   You can us almost any gun in BF2 this way.  It just takes time, and the PKM was the quickest to adjust to.  On the Sharqi, I have sniped a sniper from the flag at the Construction Site with a pistol as he climbed the ladder at the crane.  I have also sniped using the default Assualt rifle.
To me the rifles, pistols, hell even the knife should be about realism.  I don't care if i use a .22 pistol, if I shoot you in the head you will die... so even pistols should be 1 shot 1 kill with a head shot.  You should be able to snipe with any of the rifles in this game, obviously the zoom of a sniper rifle's scope should be # advantage over a "battle rifle".  I know I can hit a man sized target at 200 yards standing, sitting or prone with an M16 (ar-15 actually) in real life.  A 9mm on the other hand takes skill to put holes in paper at 50 yards, and bullet drop will be severe at 100.  These lite MGs should be deadly accurate in short bursts up to 200 or even 300 yards, of course at 300 yards on iron sites your more likely spraying a squad or a passing humV, not an individual enemy.
I thought the guy that kept getting me with his PKM, flying through the air toward a prone position and killing me in 1 shot was cheating and running some sort of aiming helper, but if the PKM does this much damage and is as accurate as everyone is complaining, maybe not.  I just unlocked the PKM lastnight and didn't try it, but I will soon so I can see how well it works.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6684|UK
power is good, accuracy is too much
Westend
+0|6612
I really don't understand this madness. It's quite obvious that most of the posters on this thread never actually tried to single shot or small burst at range pre 1.21.

I've been single shot firing the M249 and PKM for months and have not seen much of a difference since 1.21. There was absolutley no difference between 1.2 and 1.21 that I could tell. Even in TWL matches I could hide at 200m and take hit others using the standard LMG. Sure maybe two or three hits but still fairly easy hits even when the body is only a few pixels on the screen.

I suspect that many of you have now since seen the video of the Mashtur PKM king and as a result cry foul. It's probably the single fault of this poster that let this little known secret out of the bag and now you have more people using the PKM as the weapon of choice.

Sort of like how a few months after release more and more people were using the GL at point blank range.

Sure the PKM is great but certainly not over powered. Remember with Iron sights your not getting much zoom. So a sniper worth anything can hit the PKM'er quite easily if they knew where to look. In fact I've had to pull out the sniper kit to get a sniper where I could not reach him with the PKM.

The only complaint I have is that as a sniper I should have an easier task of hitting a target that appears the same size. I.e when sniping I have a scope with zoom so a target that is a few pixels high is further away than a target of the same size with the PKM. Yet I find that I can head shot more often with the PKM against a target of the same size than I can with the sniper rifle. Maybe it's because the Iron sight does not obsuce the target where the scope does.

In any case a sniper can out range and out shoot a PKM'er any day of the week. But if your'e stupid enough to attempt to snipe from the top of the TV station and I choose to whack you with a PKM then that's your problem and not mine. It's not my fault that the TV station's wall hides your torso and basically only lets me aim at your head!

Oh and BTW you can snipe the players on the TV station with any rifle class weapon. You just have to be a good shot and have patience. If you want to shoot anything at range you have to select single shot, or for the people without lead fingers tap the fire button and not hold it down!

In another PKM whore thread there's a picture of a real PKM and it has a scope on it. Now what use is a scope for a pure suppression weapon? Obviously the weapon has some accuracy.

So just stop complaining. Weapons are unbalanced just the same as the classes. Balance comes from putting the correct mix of classes in an effective squad. If you can't figure that out then go play something else. The next thing you'll be complaining about players who have the skill and patience to place shots on your head while you just blast at them without thought.
senor_fulff
+25|6761|Yorkshire, UK.
to be honest MG36 kicks PKM ass at point blank range due to accuracy on full auto and rate of fire. at distance PKM in single shot is awesome but not sniper-rifle good. a good sniper or medic will always win at distance.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6650|South Korea.
If I was on the development team, I would make the rpk-74 more acurate, and change the PKM for the Heckler & Koch HK21

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard