The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah
With all the sue happy people in the US I am going to have to walk past a person that was dying because they may sue me for not being fast enough to their aid.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

rdx-fx wrote:

Overinflated sense of entitlement, underinflated sense of ethics.
I agree that the litigiousness of modern society is ridiculous.
People should be thankful for what they have.

On the other hand, if you could collect a huge pile of cash just by holding your hand up wouldn't you do it?
When everyone else is holding theirs up?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

usmarine wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Some of us demand more. Others are just happy to find something that validates their view of the world. Which one are you?
I find it interesting that my views and conception of things is validated again and again ... and again ...
such as?
Can be anything really ... from little things at home to work related issues, how predictable some people are both IRL and on this forum ... how you can support a radical political suggestion because you see the long time benefits and it is promptly turned down by the representatives only to be rewrapped a few years later and passed in congress by the ones that initially turned it down ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada
ok, so a flock of geese get sucked into the engine. planes goin down. lands safely. everyone survives. and then some sue the airline for the flock of geese destroying the engines?

i cannot see how anyone can justify that.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

destruktion_6143 wrote:

ok, so a flock of geese get sucked into the engine. planes goin down. lands safely. everyone survives. and then some sue the airline for the flock of geese destroying the engines?

I'm trying to think of scenarios where they would be successful in suing anyone for this incident. The best I could come up with, would be suing parks and wildlife managers who failed to cull the dangerous numbers of Geese, or were negligent in their duty to do so.

But these Geese were not to be culled, and were just migrating.

I'm sure safety will be implemented onto aircraft to better deal with bird strikes because of this incident, but that's after the fact. FAA regulations were not violated here.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada

AussieReaper wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

I'm trying to think of scenarios where they would be successful in suing anyone for this incident. The best I could come up with, would be suing parks and wildlife managers who failed to cull the dangerous numbers of Geese, or were negligent in their duty to do so.

I'm sure safety will be implemented onto aircraft to better deal with bird strikes because of this incident, but that's after the fact. FAA regulations were not violated here.
u cannot design a jet engine to deal with a flock 15lb+ geese getting sucked into them.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

They could sue Chuck Shumer for sponsoring the earmark that protected those geese.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

They could sue Chuck Shumer for sponsoring the earmark that protected those geese.
lol that would be one for the books. i'd actually like to see them try that
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France
I don't have a problem if they sue.  I will have a problem if they win though.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada

Pug wrote:

^this, but then again, even if they lose, dont ur taxes go to waste on the judicial process?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Pug wrote:

^this, but then again, even if they lose, dont ur taxes go to waste on the judicial process?
Depends on where they sue. Some states require the initiator to pay all court costs if they lose on these types of lawsuits.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Pug wrote:

I don't have a problem with testing the legal system, that's what its for.  When they lose it'll establish case law which will prevent similar lawsuits.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
u cannot design a jet engine to deal with a flock 15lb+ geese getting sucked into them.
Yes you can, it would just be less efficient and the cost of flying would be higher.

Put a big, fat, heavy grill/deflector over the intake and you're done.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes you can, it would just be less efficient and the cost of flying would be higher.

Put a big, fat, heavy grill/deflector over the intake and you're done.
then hit a flock of geese in the air, grill gets blocked up, engine fails. same outcome.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
then hit a flock of geese in the air, grill gets blocked up, engine fails. same outcome.
No, bulk of goose gets deflected or turns to splat and goes through the engine without trouble.
Its possible to make a perfectly safe aircraft, but it either won't fly or won't fly economically.
But this is a bit of a tangent.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-02-28 00:18:03)

imortal
+240|6664|Austin, TX

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Since this would qualify as an Act of God, then they need to sue God. That may be a problem for those who do not believe in God, of course.
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

Few days ago I read about a guy in New York who got so drunk that he fell on the rail tracks in the subway and got hit by a train. He survived but lost his leg. Of course he sued and won 2.something million $.

You get a poor man suing rich people with a jury of poor people. I would bet on the poor man.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

imortal wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Since this would qualify as an Act of God, then they need to sue God. That may be a problem for those who do not believe in God, of course.
Go rent/download 'the Man who Sued God'.

It's about a fisherman who's boat gets hit by lightning. He's a qualified lawyer so when the insurance company claims it was 'an act of God', he sues the Christian Churches, on the grounds that they are God's representation here on Earth. Quite a funny movie.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
Here's something ironic about America.

A large portion of our society is against more government spending on social programs, but they have no problem with lobbying for handouts via lawsuits.

In short, being an entitlement parasite sucks regardless of whether you're a freeloader on welfare or an enabler of ambulance chasers.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6193|Schofield Barracks

Jenspm wrote:

Pathetic.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

destruktion_6143 wrote:

what grill?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

usmarine wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

what grill?
As far as i know, even if there would be grill, most the of thing the plane would it would just go tru the grill and end up in the engine anyway.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Roger Lesboules wrote:

usmarine wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

what grill?
As far as i know, even if there would be grill, most the of thing the plane would it would just go tru the grill and end up in the engine anyway.
there is no grill.

and the majority of an engines thrust is from the bypass air around the engine, not thru it.
CC-Marley
+407|6828

Jenspm wrote:

Pathetic.
Sums it up best.

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2009-02-28 16:01:11)

Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6446|Boulder, CO

destruktion_6143 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Actually most exterior aircraft parts are tested for this exact thing. They actually have a compressed air cannon that fires dead chickens at the velocity they would be if a collision occured. See even aviation authorities have some form of intelligence, sometimes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard