BigWhompaOne
+10|6781
If any one has played Day of Defeat. The way it handles jumping and proning is very accutate and how things should be. It is nonsense that you can still shoot while diving to prone, allota smacktards play this way. This isant thier fault though its DICE.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6781|Northern VA
I understand why so many people complain about jumping up and down in bf2, I've been killed by people doing it, but I've also killed people because they were doing it- ie: they couldn't aim, reverted to jumping, I stood still, aimed and killed them. Sometimes I've wanted to jump on the bandwagon and complain about it but I cannot. I use this tactic because I picked it up a long time ago while playing quake and it's automatic now, also because it has actually saved me from a reload death a few times. Unfortunatly it has got me killed a few times, jumping by habit when I needed to stand still or run straight. What a lot of people seem to not realize is that jumping does not make someone bulletproof, in fact it actually leads to the person getting killed more as long as the person shooting at them remains calm. I've seen some people get killed by a "jumper" then rant on about it for 15 seconds, I don't buy it. Take the DAO for example, you MUST have a quick trigger finger to do good with that weapon; does that mean I can complain about someone who can unload that gun faster than me? The fire button is part of the game, same as the jump button.

In the end I think the issue is more related to personal frustration than any balance or mechanics issue in the game. I get pissed because I get my ass handed to me on a new map, I want to blame the map, or I want to think that the other guy was cheating; it takes a lot of guts for me to admit that I just totally suck at this game. I think a lot of the crying about jumping and prone'ing is related to that in some way.

But even if jumping did give an advantage, there's no room for complaints, it's part of the game and a legal way to play. Bitching about "bunny-hoppers" is just another way to bitch about how much you suck. The sad part, however, is that it does not provide much of an advantage and is easily beaten with a clear head.

Horseman 77 wrote:

As one who has been shot at I will tell you the last thing your body will let you do is Jump.

Run like a Deer ? YES. Lay prone unable to move ? Yes. Rip doors of the Hinges becuase turning the knob would take to much time. Yes. Bend the trigger becuase you forgot the safty was on?  Yes.

But jump up and Down really high ? NOT

This is the Highest jump I have seen in a mpg since Team Fortress and it looked less stupid there becuase of its Cartoon graphics.

When you jump the dammage you take should be x 3 And your aim Should be 1/4 except for nades wich should be halved. The jump shuold also be smaller

" maybe it could sense if an obect is in front of you and you'd get a boost if you were legitamatly mounting an object ".

Either way it Ruins the Staggering Realisim the game provides. It seems like an Exploit at best. BF2 is the most completly absorbing game I have seen in Years.
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6810|USA, IL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy above me has an amazing point too!!!

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

if this was meant to be THAT realistic, 1 shotgun shot would kill instead of people living through 7 S12k shots. a sniper shot would kill unless in the leg or arm or something, if you got shot in the nuts, you'd die and bleed everywhere, there would be no such thing as being revived with shock paddles considering shock paddles don't have the power to heal gunshot wounds or stop bleeding. You wouldn't be able to fly over a runway and get repaired and ammoed up. there wouldn't be tags above peoples heads, there wouldn't be a map, there wouldn't be SPAWNING.
Now, do we want to talk realistic? or fun?
STFU N00B!
Way to hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by MurrayP (2005-10-09 17:06:34)

MCM13276
+1|6796
What about rolling, i have tried to shoot someone many a time and this guy rolled on the ground and then shot me.  Pretty effective too, is it just what the other person see's when you prone whilst running or can you actually roll...
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6808

MCM13276 wrote:

What about rolling, i have tried to shoot someone many a time and this guy rolled on the ground and then shot me.  Pretty effective too, is it just what the other person see's when you prone whilst running or can you actually roll...
Yeah, it's just the way it looks from 3rd person. You did that a 1000 times too without being able to see it. Moving to left/right, prone. That's it.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia

Omnimalice wrote:

I understand why so many people complain about jumping up and down in bf2, I've been killed by people doing it, but I've also killed people because they were doing it- ie: they couldn't aim, reverted to jumping, I stood still, aimed and killed them. Sometimes I've wanted to jump on the bandwagon and complain about it but I cannot. I use this tactic because I picked it up a long time ago while playing quake and it's automatic now, also because it has actually saved me from a reload death a few times. Unfortunatly it has got me killed a few times, jumping by habit when I needed to stand still or run straight. What a lot of people seem to not realize is that jumping does not make someone bulletproof, in fact it actually leads to the person getting killed more as long as the person shooting at them remains calm. I've seen some people get killed by a "jumper" then rant on about it for 15 seconds, I don't buy it. Take the DAO for example, you MUST have a quick trigger finger to do good with that weapon; does that mean I can complain about someone who can unload that gun faster than me? The fire button is part of the game, same as the jump button.

In the end I think the issue is more related to personal frustration than any balance or mechanics issue in the game. I get pissed because I get my ass handed to me on a new map, I want to blame the map, or I want to think that the other guy was cheating; it takes a lot of guts for me to admit that I just totally suck at this game. I think a lot of the crying about jumping and prone'ing is related to that in some way.

But even if jumping did give an advantage, there's no room for complaints, it's part of the game and a legal way to play. Bitching about "bunny-hoppers" is just another way to bitch about how much you suck. The sad part, however, is that it does not provide much of an advantage and is easily beaten with a clear head.
yeah, yeah, i see your point here. it IS perfectly legal to be jumping around like an idiot and do other massacre things (untill it's declared an exploit or smthng by ea at least). speaking this way - spawn camping is legal too... and staying on the runway in front of a jet taking off is "a part of the game"... and nade launchers... all these things are ABSOLUTELY legal - and if you look through the thread you'll see that nobody actually said that bunny-hopping is not.

what my point was is this: i'm just speaking of the way to improve the game as i think it should be. pure fps games of reflexes and quick fingers suxxors and must rip already (imho, imho, don't bash me tnx). it's the teamplay and co-operation that needs to be the diciding factor of who wins in bf2 and the sense of realism is what makes this game even better (for me and as i see for a lot of other ppl too). i simply don't want to see those jumping clowns - they don't belong there - as well as i don't wish to specifically adjust to their ugly way of playing. not that i can't if i have to, but there are q3 and ut2k4 out there why the hell making bf2 like those when it could be so much more?

anyway, i have actually been playing on some clan servers (can't remember which, duh) where admins would kick for bunny-hopping. and for spawn camping. and for playing lone wolves. and even for doing sh*t ant not following orders. that's the way to go untill ea/dice do something about these things.

all above is just my thoghts on the matter.
have fun.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
ProDicTeD
+2|6809

Shahter wrote:

well, i quite like to read through forums here, it seems some really cool people post in here from time to time. i thought i'd post too in this thread as "hopping" problem is what bugs me the most in bf2.

i mean sorry but i can't help but hate bunnyhoppers. i thought the problem was so obvious that it really surprised me when i saw ppl trying to advocate it. "it is present in every other fps game, blah, blah, get used" and so on. well, to all you fps'ers out there: bf2 is already much more than just fps game and could be even better if ea would just fix some unfortunate things. so just stfu and listen to those who play this game with some thought of teamwork and strategy. or even better - go back to ut2k4 and stuff and leave bf2 to ppl with brains. games of reflexes are getting damn old and should rip already. bf2 is one perfect mix of fps, mmog and general warfare simulation. it's so damn clear that this game was designed to favor TEAMWORK and STRATEGY that ppl saying it's ok to be at an advantage through bu11sh** like bunnyhopping or any such thing are not even funny.

i know it's been discussed a million times but i'd repeat:

1. cannot fire while in midair.
2. cannot reload while in midair.
3. cannot go prone while in midair.
4. cannot jump when low on stamina.

that should about fix it.
just my thoghts on the matter. have fun.
people with brains play bf2? that's just stupid. Shooting a person doens't take a lot of brain effort. if you haven't notcied dice/ea made this game for the n00b gamers out there. Cause  bf2 isn't the perfect mix of fps. It's really made for n00bs. Counter-strike is the only perfect mix out there today. If you don't agree, well you haven't played CS than. It's simply the best multiplayer ever. As for bunny hopping: i stopped complaining about it weeks ago. I only bunny hop against tanks or n00b tubes. If you are one of those guys in the tanks that can't kill me because of it than get out of the tank.

btw: you got pwned in ut2k4 didn't you?
96D
+0|6776|Maryland, USA

ProDicTeD wrote:

people with brains play bf2? that's just stupid. Shooting a person doens't take a lot of brain effort.
We're not shooting anything. We're sitting at a computer, moving a mouse, and clicking. Shooting requires instruction, a level of comfort with weapons, knowledge of ammunition loads and charges, windage, elevation, zeroing, breathing control, trigger control, and practice. Not to mention shooting under conditions that combat carries along with it, such as fatigue, stress, and fear. It takes, in other words, some amount of "brain effort," or as most other people like to call it, "thought."

As far as Battlefield 2 goes, the combat, the point-and-click shooting aspect actually requires the least thought anyway, in my opinion. Teamwork, on the other hand, requires organization, decision-making, and communication. All of those things do require thought, and people who put what little extra effort it takes to work as a team are usually rewarded for their efforts.

if you haven't notcied dice/ea made this game for the n00b gamers out there. Cause  bf2 isn't the perfect mix of fps. It's really made for n00bs.
And which member of the development team let that slip in his IGN/Gamespy/PC Gamer interview?

Interviewer: So, what's the target audience for this game, Mike?

Developer: Noobs, Tim. We made this game for the noob gamers out there. It is not the perfect mix for a first-person shooter. It's really made for noobs.

Interviewer: Well what, exactly, is the "perfect mix" for a first-person shooter?

Developer: Nobody knows. But we sure don't have it with Battlefield 2. We were aiming more towards the noob market, as I stated earlier.

Interviewer: Hmm, I see. Now, when this goes to print, should I spell "noob" with two "O"s or with two zeroes?

Developer: Whichever.

No, I don't think that exchange ever took place. In fact, the statement might just be (*gasp!*) an empty assertion on your part.

Counter-strike is the only perfect mix out there today. If you don't agree, well you haven't played CS than. It's simply the best multiplayer ever.
And yet here you are, almost 138 hours into an inferior game--made for noobs, no less--that could have been spent fellating CS some more. Keep in mind that people disagreeing with you might also possibly stem from the fact that their opinion of the game differs from yours. It happens! It's possible! I've seen it!

It was nice of you to finally set the record straight on which game has the best multiplayer ever, though. Big ups for that. I'm sure the worldwide forum debates on the issue will shut down any day now.

As for bunny hopping: i stopped complaining about it weeks ago. I only bunny hop against tanks or n00b tubes. If you are one of those guys in the tanks that can't kill me because of it than get out of the tank.
I'm sure you'd like that situation very much. Unfortunately, there are more options open to your adversary than simply him getting out of the tank so that you can have a better shot at killing him.

"You said something about a game which I didn't like, so you must suck at it HAW HAW"

That's nothing but flame-bait, and you should be ashamed for not leaving that smug afterthought in your own head, where it belongs.

Last edited by 96D (2005-10-11 15:28:29)

Lawk
+2|6775
Hopping has been a standard for a lot of players in every mfps i've played and i have always hated it.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6781|Northern VA

Shahter wrote:

yeah, yeah, i see your point here. it IS perfectly legal to be jumping around like an idiot and do other massacre things (untill it's declared an exploit or smthng by ea at least). speaking this way - spawn camping is legal too... and staying on the runway in front of a jet taking off is "a part of the game"... and nade launchers... all these things are ABSOLUTELY legal - and if you look through the thread you'll see that nobody actually said that bunny-hopping is not.

what my point was is this: i'm just speaking of the way to improve the game as i think it should be. pure fps games of reflexes and quick fingers suxxors and must rip already (imho, imho, don't bash me tnx). it's the teamplay and co-operation that needs to be the diciding factor of who wins in bf2 and the sense of realism is what makes this game even better (for me and as i see for a lot of other ppl too). i simply don't want to see those jumping clowns - they don't belong there - as well as i don't wish to specifically adjust to their ugly way of playing. not that i can't if i have to, but there are q3 and ut2k4 out there why the hell making bf2 like those when it could be so much more?

anyway, i have actually been playing on some clan servers (can't remember which, duh) where admins would kick for bunny-hopping. and for spawn camping. and for playing lone wolves. and even for doing sh*t ant not following orders. that's the way to go untill ea/dice do something about these things.

all above is just my thoghts on the matter.
have fun.
You can't say what this game is "supposed" to be, only what it is, and what you wish it was. You didn't invent the game, you didn't develop it. All you did was buy a copy, you're no more an authority on the game than anyone else- myself included.

You don't want to see it- hey that's great, I'm sure the people that hop around don't want to read complaints about it. You can't say they don't "belong" in the game, they have every right to play as you.

Don't get me wrong, I love teamplay, and when I discover that someone else on my team does to I have a blast. I think it would be great if we could all be better team players- I'm donig the best I can.

But back to the topic- none of us can say that the other does not belong as long as we are playing within the programmed rules of the game. I've disconnected from many many many servers and given up points each time because I didn't like the way the other people were playing. I didn't think for a second that I could convince them to play differently, I let them be, it's their right to be happy. I left and found another game, and felt better for doing so. You can rant all day long about how much you hate hopers, but you cannot say they have any more or less right to play than anyone else. We're all in this together.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
i like it when they bunny hop at me when i have the dao out... splattery. it does get old when they jump and then prone, killing me before they even hit the ground:\
ProDicTeD
+2|6809

96D wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

people with brains play bf2? that's just stupid. Shooting a person doens't take a lot of brain effort.
We're not shooting anything. We're sitting at a computer, moving a mouse, and clicking. Shooting requires instruction, a level of comfort with weapons, knowledge of ammunition loads and charges, windage, elevation, zeroing, breathing control, trigger control, and practice. Not to mention shooting under conditions that combat carries along with it, such as fatigue, stress, and fear. It takes, in other words, some amount of "brain effort," or as most other people like to call it, "thought."

As far as Battlefield 2 goes, the combat, the point-and-click shooting aspect actually requires the least thought anyway, in my opinion. Teamwork, on the other hand, requires organization, decision-making, and communication. All of those things do require thought, and people who put what little extra effort it takes to work as a team are usually rewarded for their efforts.

if you haven't notcied dice/ea made this game for the n00b gamers out there. Cause  bf2 isn't the perfect mix of fps. It's really made for n00bs.
And which member of the development team let that slip in his IGN/Gamespy/PC Gamer interview?

Interviewer: So, what's the target audience for this game, Mike?

Developer: Noobs, Tim. We made this game for the noob gamers out there. It is not the perfect mix for a first-person shooter. It's really made for noobs.

Interviewer: Well what, exactly, is the "perfect mix" for a first-person shooter?

Developer: Nobody knows. But we sure don't have it with Battlefield 2. We were aiming more towards the noob market, as I stated earlier.

Interviewer: Hmm, I see. Now, when this goes to print, should I spell "noob" with two "O"s or with two zeroes?

Developer: Whichever.

No, I don't think that exchange ever took place. In fact, the statement might just be (*gasp!*) an empty assertion on your part.

Counter-strike is the only perfect mix out there today. If you don't agree, well you haven't played CS than. It's simply the best multiplayer ever.
And yet here you are, almost 138 hours into an inferior game--made for noobs, no less--that could have been spent fellating CS some more. Keep in mind that people disagreeing with you might also possibly stem from the fact that their opinion of the game differs from yours. It happens! It's possible! I've seen it!

It was nice of you to finally set the record straight on which game has the best multiplayer ever, though. Big ups for that. I'm sure the worldwide forum debates on the issue will shut down any day now.

As for bunny hopping: i stopped complaining about it weeks ago. I only bunny hop against tanks or n00b tubes. If you are one of those guys in the tanks that can't kill me because of it than get out of the tank.
I'm sure you'd like that situation very much. Unfortunately, there are more options open to your adversary than simply him getting out of the tank so that you can have a better shot at killing him.

"You said something about a game which I didn't like, so you must suck at it HAW HAW"

That's nothing but flame-bait, and you should be ashamed for not leaving that smug afterthought in your own head, where it belongs.
i have 138 hours for this game i like this game too. I have many other games that i play a lot and BF2 is certainly not the most played.

Do you think EA/DICE would say that? Of course not. A lot of games out there were designed for the greater audience, BF2 is one of them, the others are rpgs. Of course unlike rpgs this one does require skill do it quicker, but any n00b who puts it 3 times as many hours as me can still get it.

I too used to be a CS hater untill i played it. CS is not something like you love it or hate it. BF2 is like that. CS is just what any decent FPS player wants.

Now i have a real anti-bf2 post, but i still like this game. I would like to see the n00b-tube getting rid off, but untill then don't complain when i'm bunny hopping to avoid getting killed against tanks, assault.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
2 96D - thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth

2 Omnimalice - "You can't say what this game is "supposed" to be, only what it is, and what you wish it was"... oh, relax already.  pehaps it's my bad english or smthng, but i really can't see where i said something about me having some kinda auithority to speak of what b2 should be. i put "imho" in almost every statememt. this forum is supposed to be a place for us bf2 players to exchange ideas, isn't it? that's just what i was doing, dude, nothing more.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
addict10n
+1|6779
Nine times out of 10 when people are bunny hopping they end up dead because they cant hit anything. Ever notice how big the aiming reticle gets when you jump? IMO EA should make the guns unshootable if you go prone while in midair.

Another cool thing. Hold crouch and try to jump, watch what happens to the reticle.
ProDicTeD
+2|6809

addict10n wrote:

Nine times out of 10 when people are bunny hopping they end up dead because they cant hit anything. Ever notice how big the aiming reticle gets when you jump? IMO EA should make the guns unshootable if you go prone while in midair.

Another cool thing. Hold crouch and try to jump, watch what happens to the reticle.
yes! at last someone with real brains! if you aren't in a tank or are an assault. Bunny hopping gets them killed anyway. thank you
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6787

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

PermaG wrote:

I want this game to be so realistic, that once I die, I can never play it again.
Exactly.
damn straight; thatll teach 'em!
I want to be the general's driver; that way i get lots of driver ability points and I don't get shot at.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard