madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden
Appeasement wasnt perhaps the best word choosen by me. My disbelief in my countries political leaders cloud my eyes i tend to overreact and use bigger words than needed when i start to heat up. However left-wingers and parts of the liberal crew consider Israel badguys and are close to pro Hamas they take any chance to bark at Israel and punish em if possible. If they could choose we would ban everything that had with Israel to do.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
....well, Sweden did choose to remain neutral against Hitler.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5964|Truthistan
The Swedes play sports???

With all the blonde Swedish hotties running around, the last thing on my mind would be sports.

Actually, come to think about it, blonde Swedish hotties is the answer that would cure those Muslim guys wanting to blow thenselves up. Perhaps the guys from Guantanamo should be sent there for rehab.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden

Turquoise wrote:

....well, Sweden did choose to remain neutral against Hitler.
That neutrality could be discussed.

@ Blonde girls in Sweden is mostly a hollywood myth someone had to say it Norway is better though.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Why not just put the members of that group under surveillance, let them know they are under close surveillance and tell them the consequences of lifting a finger
Could have done that with AQ TBH, but nooooooo.
And just how, pray tell, would that have happened? The TB weren't interested in helping anyone do anything against AQ in Afghanistan. Elsewhere in the world, that is exactly what's happening, however.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Maybe the Swedes just don't want the Israelis in their country causing trouble.
Doesn't look at all like it was the Israelis who were going to cause trouble.

Unless by "causing trouble" you mean "playing a tennis match".

From the article, it looks like there was only one group threatening to "cause trouble"...and it wasn't the Israelis.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6557|sWEEDen

PureFodder wrote:

Let the Israeli team in, get rid of the spectators, hold the event in an undesclosed location, announce the results after the whole thing is over.

The Israeli team had nothing to do with anything as far as I know, so they should be allowed into the country even if it may cause some problems.
This is what will happen and what was planned all along, not banning any team or nation, just playing without spectators as previously planned.

We don´t ban anything in Sweden, almost, hence why we have theese kind of problems sometimes, you simply can´t ban a religion or a nation (atleast we won´t here), soo we compromise instead.

Perhaps not the best at all times, just the way we handle things here.

Last edited by [F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi (2009-02-24 23:06:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard