kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
The torrents I use (despite high seeders low leechers) always seem to give me less than 50kb/s, I have no idea why and have given up on fixing it. Rapidshare 800kb/s is just - easier.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black

JoshP wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Opera sucks
He has a point, Opera does suck.
opera is awsm bitches, lrn2internet
Opera is nice, but the torrent downloading part of it is fucking terrible. I always set mine to download with Bittorrent/uTorrent/etc.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

I only TPB-download stuff I absolutely can't find elsewhere, but articles like this still make me go 'YARR.'
JoshP
Banned
+176|5679|Notts, UK

Finray wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Cheez wrote:

He has a point, Opera does suck.
opera is awsm bitches, lrn2internet
Opera is nice, but the torrent downloading part of it is fucking terrible. I always set mine to download with Bittorrent/uTorrent/etc.
Never really tried it becuase I already used uTorrent and uTorrent is awsm, so same lolz

Plus it downloads stuff sequentially (piece 1, then piece 2 etc) in Opera, wtf?
tupla_s
+455|6582|Finland

kylef wrote:

The torrents I use (despite high seeders low leechers) always seem to give me less than 50kb/s, I have no idea why and have given up on fixing it. Rapidshare 800kb/s is just - easier.
I had the same problem limiting upload speed to 100kb/s when downloading fixed it for me. When not downloading it's limited to 600kb/s
JoshP
Banned
+176|5679|Notts, UK

tupla_s wrote:

kylef wrote:

I had the same problem limiting upload speed to 100kb/s when downloading fixed it for me. When not downloading it's limited to 600kb/s
Ah yeah, I always restrict my upload to 6kpbs (out of an available 32) on pub torrents, otherwise the download speed is fucked. Try it.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6384|The Gem Saloon

12/f/taiwan wrote:

max wrote:

I wonder how long before the moral fags take over this thread
Parker.
aawww, isnt that cute?

so because i wont join in on stealing things, and because i tell you people what you are, im now a "moral fag"?

me. a moral fag.
i never thought i would see the day.

oh wait, im probably a "moral fag" for NOT finding the humor in child molestation either....amirite max?

you guys are cool.

srsly.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum

Parker wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

max wrote:

I wonder how long before the moral fags take over this thread
Parker.
aawww, isnt that cute?

so because i wont join in on stealing things, and because i tell you people what you are, im now a "moral fag"?

me. a moral fag.

oh wait, im probably a "moral fag" for NOT finding the humor in child molestation either....amirite max?

you guys are cool.

srsly.
Where you been all week?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6539|San Diego, CA, USA
My roommates download stuff over torrents.  I don't watch the stuff.  My ISP warned me already about the bandwidth they are using and almost got my internet shut off.

Is it stealing if the artist doesn't want you to view their content without paying...yes.  Do you care, probably not.

When you hear the 'music studios' making a Billion on 'The Dark Knight' you rationalize that is ok for you to download the movie because they already made enough.

/sigh

I'm a programmer and I know what it takes to make enterprise level software.  When someone copies my company's software it hurts me directly.

It basically come down to 'respect'...do you respect someone else enough not to go against their wishes.
Parker
isteal

FatherTed wrote:

Parker wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Parker.
aawww, isnt that cute?

me. a moral fag.

you guys are cool.

srsly.
Where you been all week?
personal issue called me out of the state for a few days.

all settled now though, and im back to resume my position of being an upright pain in the balls

thanks for the concern babe <3
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
Isn't a little boring wading into arguments with a supercilious attitude towards Internet piracy? It's fucking everywhere, you've lost the battle before you even open your mouth. Fair enough if you don't want to partake in it, that's your choice, but in my opinion one does become a "moral fag" when they take it upon themselves to extol the virtues of buying music from the artists. I know how to support artists, and it is up to me to make that conscientious choice when I feel as though the artist merits it.

On topic: the choice and quality of Rapidshare rips sucks compared to torrents, sorry. I don't care what speeds you have to endure... I'd rather wait a day longer for my free music if it eventually reaches me in high-quality, rather than to settle for an 80Mb Rapidshare .RAR in shitfest <192kbps quality.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Parker
isteal
its not about supporting artists.

its about NOT stealing dude....bottom line.

if that belief labels me a "moral fag" then so be it.

ive been called much worse by much better.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5671
parker refer to your user title
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
I'm not calling you anything, I'm just merely pointing out that you're donating to the black-holes of pointlessness in Internet debate by pointing that out. No one cares. There's no morality on the Internet, there's no sense of conscience or right and wrong- most people are easily disposed to commit a technical 'crime' if it only means clicking their mouse cursor. There's no real sense of guilt, so I don't blame them, and no amount of public objection in Forum threads is going to change anyone's opinion.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Parker
isteal
oh no, i didnt want that to sound like i thought YOU were calling me names.

max tried, but lacked the balls. 12/f/taiwan actually pulled it off.

and fair enough, i suppose that there is really no morality on the internet. i wonder how many people in this thread would encourage someone to kill themselves on a webcam?
now thats a scary thought.

and i didnt even really come into this thread starting shit...
motherfuckers brought me into it.

and im not whining...just defending my beliefs
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5692|College Park, MD

Uzique wrote:

Isn't a little boring wading into arguments with a supercilious attitude towards Internet piracy? It's fucking everywhere, you've lost the battle before you even open your mouth. Fair enough if you don't want to partake in it, that's your choice, but in my opinion one does become a "moral fag" when they take it upon themselves to extol the virtues of buying music from the artists. I know how to support artists, and it is up to me to make that conscientious choice when I feel as though the artist merits it.

On topic: the choice and quality of Rapidshare rips sucks compared to torrents, sorry. I don't care what speeds you have to endure... I'd rather wait a day longer for my free music if it eventually reaches me in high-quality, rather than to settle for an 80Mb Rapidshare .RAR in shitfest <192kbps quality.
you can usually find 256 or 320kbps music on Warez-BB.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6392|dm_maidenhead

Uzique wrote:

Most of the stuff I download from RS is way above 192kb/s quality.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

Peter wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Yeah, my friend ripped some episodes of Generation Kill from a DVD and gave them to me with a flash drive. Then when I RS'd the remaining ones they were the exact same quality.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6539|San Diego, CA, USA
You guys are going to HATE Windows 7 then...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6302

Harmor wrote:

What do you mean?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461

Peter wrote:

Uzique wrote:

When my private torrent sites offer me constantly V0/320kbps/FLAC/OGG Vorbis rips of every album, EP and single/remix in existence, I can afford to turn my nose up at the slim pickings hosted by random .rar rippers on Rapidshare...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6655|NT, like Mick Dundee

Harmor wrote:

I assume this is a reference to some sort of inbuilt anti-piracy coding. Incompatibility with torrents or something eh?

Also: You can't sensor the internet.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6302

Flecco wrote:

Harmor wrote:

I assume this is a reference to some sort of inbuilt anti-piracy coding. Incompatibility with torrents or something eh?

Also: You can't sensor the internet.
Kind of ironic that they just released a file sharing (between friends and family) application for the beta.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid … 19/1822236
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6351|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Uzique wrote:

Peter wrote:

Uzique wrote:

When my private torrent sites offer me constantly V0/320kbps/FLAC/OGG Vorbis rips of every album, EP and single/remix in existence, I can afford to turn my nose up at the slim pickings hosted by random .rar rippers on Rapidshare...
i get all my FLAC music from Warez-bb.  what private torrent site are you talking about, sounds interesting
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
Mentioned multiple times by multiple people in this thread already... generally regarded as the best private-torrent sites for music, rising out of the OiNK's old community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard