kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6853|Bryan/College Station, TX
Wow. A new release already!?  Fall 2006 must be an over zealous release date. I'm thinking either Winter 2006 or Spring 2007.

I see a whole lot of vehicles that look a lot like UT2004 vehicles. I see Mechs that model like Battletech and are probably the new tanks. I saw a transport flying that got blown up quickly. All in all it looks interesting. Now if I could just get on the beta team.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tF-afrojap
+124|6856|SF
yeah.. I ran the hypothetical release date though my game developer translator.

Let's see what happens when I plug "Fall 2006" into the following formula:

Advertised release date x Time it takes to code x # of Mountain Dew consumed in gallons x # of flames on the official boards x # of hours being distracted on video.google x why are you still reading this? x oh shit E3 is coming up! CRUNCH! = Realistic release date

The result: Summer 2007

Ran it through the Blizzard Entertainment release date estimator as well. Result: Fall 2009
FSFGrimes
+1|6751

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

2 long, didn't read.
the hell?
Its a new video out, not an article
Actually the May issue of PCGamer has a long article about it.
{A.I}TheBusDriver
+2|6623
i knew there was a reason i bought a 7800gt................YES!!!!!!!!............

isnt it like way to soon to be releasing another battlefield though.  bf2 seems like it just came out..........cuz it did.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6739|Rochester, NY
By 2009,  I am defintely getting it! Only after later 2007 and 2008 that is!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
the first game i ever played on PC was battletech: the crecent hawks revenge for 286.....this reminds me a lot like it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the first game i ever played on PC was battletech: the crecent hawks revenge for 286.....this reminds me a lot like it
You played that? I used to be addicted to Crescent Hawks' Inception. Snuck it into junior high on floppy. Do you suppose that you'll be able to take in-game college courses in BF2142 for kit qualification?

No, the only way I'd want to buy 2142 is if it was like X-Com UFO Defense. SNAKEMEN MUST CRY IN AGONY!!!

washow wrote:

ok...

so what's gonna happen to the freaking amazing QUAKEWARS??
I don't know, but I wasn't too impressed with Quake 4 when it came to multiplayer.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-20 21:49:38)

washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6721
ok...

so what's gonna happen to the freaking amazing QUAKEWARS??
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6684|Moscow, Russia
Looks like it's going to be on the same engine as BF2, just some new effects added. They just didn't have time or reason to build a new one.
Maj.Do
+85|6761|good old CA
its look ok, i have my heart set on Quake wars right now for a hugh MP battle for earth : )
hopefully the new BF wont have alot of mechs like the vid shows.
FSFGrimes
+1|6751
At least Quake Wars is based off of an already established idea of Humans vs Strogg (Q2 and Q4) whereas BF2142 really does seem like the generic sci-fi of people destroyed the earth.

I the PCG article it stated that the game will have a new menu for finding games and friends to play with AND Co-OP.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
Hmm...

With EA's record I think we better add 1 to that year.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6661|Spokane, Washington

Anyway I showed Trig this.

Heres my overview

Its a new style of battlefield that uses the same engine as BF2. Personally, I think i'm going to get it. As an old UT fan, this looks very....interesting......But, with EA's rep, Its probly going to come out in 2008. My real question is how they are going to balance it out with giant Mechs that can destroy all....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

Unclean009 wrote:

Heres my overview

Its a new style of battlefield that uses the same engine as BF2. Personally, I think i'm going to get it. As an old UT fan, this looks very....interesting......But, with EA's rep, Its probly going to come out in 2008. My real question is how they are going to balance it out with giant Mechs that can destroy all....
Is it just me, or do the troops have EXACTLY the same behaviour?

It looks the same as a BF2 mod on first glance. But that's just first glance...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

Since my computer is too outlandishly CRAPPY to see this video, I'm going to have to take a guess that this refers to another game in the Battlefield series. That was fast.

Judging by what I've seen, which is not much, I'm going to take the side of Triggerx2, (which means Trigger_Happy_92.) It's a quick game put out to keep people who have had enough with BF2 interested in the BF series and remain EA/DICE customers long enough so they buy BF3. Very much BF:V re-visited.

I meanwhile, am fucking pissed off! Ever since the multiplayer demo for BF1942 came out I have been wanting a computer that can handle decent games. Time passes and I end up saving anew for a BETTER computer so it can handle the new 'current best thing.'
I am never going to get a computer unless I come into a sudden windfall. I bought another scratchie lotto ticket today. didn't win anything and wound up with a lot of that lead scratchy stuff under my fingernails. Should have known. It is not a good sign to get the words "annoy", "pathetic" and "failure" in one of those Instant Kiwi crosswords.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6661|Spokane, Washington

Spark wrote:

Unclean009 wrote:

Heres my overview

Is it just me, or do the troops have EXACTLY the same behaviour?

It looks the same as a BF2 mod on first glance. But that's just first glance...
As I said, i'm almost positive this uses the BF2 engine as in absolutly everything has the same behavor. You can the bags on the soldiers' hips bounce and look at the sky...
Mr.Bowley
+0|6633
Yea looks like the BF2 engine to me as well.

Looks kind of bland, too bad the future is all clean and boring....and icey.

The mechs remind me of these http://mercy-limited.com/battletech/flea.gif from battletech.

As long as the game comes before the glaciers do...
F.Rabshaw
+37|6691
This entire thing =stupid. If they release this I will absolutely not buy it. BF2 will be the last bf franchise game I purchase and I love the bf series. If this heap comes out and looks like this I hope they change the name to "Battlefield: Stupid.com"
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6728|Las Vegas
k thanks Rabshaw.

Did yall notice that guy that was nearly invisible?  That would take some getting used to.
Lucractius
+5|6622
if Quake Wars has stat tracking and awards ill give BF the bin for good... im fed up with lousy workmanship... yah hear me EA !!!!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6683|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im not having none of that sci fi shit ty very much.
graag
+7|6685
EA, I demand you un-nerf the missiles on Mech. In RL they are much, err, no... Nevermind, think I posted a bit too fast.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6629|the side hatch
looks pretty damn cool but what i like about the bf series is the the realistic warfare feel, not like the panopoly of squad shooters or colorful spacey twitchy stuff...i agree that this will be the bf:v of the bf2 line and i dont think it is meant to draw bf2 players away from the game but rather to keep the players that would be going to the next quake or unreal or whatever is set for next fall

and if you think the tweens are whoring it up in jets and apcs now wait till mechs are on the battlefield...in fact the game should just do away with the other team all together and focus on the tking action that will take place back at base camp in the mech line
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

CLOAKING????  Did you guys see that infantry guy running cloaked?  WTF
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6629|the side hatch
yeah...forgot to mention that...was gonna say it comes complete and pre-hacked

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard