Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
ok I installed the full 1.21 patch, activated it and all that shit but all my servers in favorites are still red and wont let me join, now the servers that are still on 1.12 also wont let me in have a look..........

https://x10.putfile.com/3/6821153038-thumb.jpg

WTF !!!!! please anybody HELP
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
wow viewed by a number of people but no one has a clue....go figure
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
reinstall everything, I know its a bitch but its better than waiting for someone to come up with an answer.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Servers have different modifications or when they upgrade to the new patch it will cause this, I came up with that after I tried to reinstall patches because I wasn't thinking straight after a couple Sam Adams. I installed 1.12 then did the SF pack, then did the 1.2 then I put 1.21 on and so far it works for me, try to reinstall patches in that order, it worked for me, but if I get home and they are not working then I'll report back.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
Search manually. Or maybe they're still on 1.2
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
EvilJebus
+11|6633
I installed the 1.21 incremental patch from 1.2 and it didn't work as far as I could tell. There were only 600 servers with my version, and all my favorites had a different version. I just uninstalled and reinstalled my Battlefield and now I'm waiting on the full 1.21 patch to finish, I'll let you know if this works, you might have to do the same.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
It sounds as though you never upgraded to 1.2.  There is no incremental from 1.12 to 1.21 so you must download the incremental 1.12 to 1.2, then install incremental 1.2 to 1.21.
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
This is bullshit, the fact that we have to reinstall everything everytime EA comes out with a new patch.....this is the next fucking thing that EA must fix its driving me insane..some weekend i like to sit down and game all night I even give up over-time at work for gaming, its now 4:33 AM I havent even started gaming yet and I have just finished reinstalling everything, if it doesnt work im selling my BF2 games .
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
heh I had the same shit happen to me on the 1.12 patch.
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
aw cummon man think about it, its bullshit we have to go through this every fucking time, what about farcry halo2, quake 4, we dont need to do it with those game sonly crap that EA/DICE comes up with.....come to think of it EA makes great games its only when they teamed up with DICE that everything goes shitty
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653
dont sell ur game u gonna miss it
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK

blademaster wrote:

dont sell ur game u gonna miss it
more than you know lol....well some good news at least won £31 on lottery......i can retire now lol
Well going to test the game now to see if the reinstall helped
Weatherlight
+0|6631
yep looks like the only way to fix is a compleate uninstall, make sure to clear the dll file the uninstaller leaves behind or you will have the same porblem
kntanb
+0|6630
I had the same problem.

Apparently, the patch was updating my BF2.exe files. But I renamed those files a while back based on some tips I read.  So when the patch tried to update it, it couldn't find the right file to update, and thus skipped it. Everytime I logged in, I kept getting version 1.1.2696-528.0.  When I renamed my .exe file back to BF2.exe and ran the incremental patch, it worked.
I was able to read version 1.1.2716-48.0, which I believe is patch 1.21.

If you look in windows explorer, all the updated files seem to have a Feb 28, 06 "Date Modified".

I know others recommend reinstalling everything, which you may need to do if you have tweaked a lot of the files.  I would try this to see if it works, otherwise try a fresh install to be sure you start with a baseline BF2.

This is what I did, and it worked for me. Save me the hassle of a fresh re-install.
Hope this helps.
kntanb
+0|6630
Correction. the new version is: 1.1.2716-548.0
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6708|England, UK
Manually reinstall punkbuster after applying patch 1.21. Go to their website for details on install. I had same problem. Now sorted. But be aware that every time you put the patch 1.21 on, you will need to update PB. F ing crap init. Wasted 2 hours of my life yesterday trying to sort this problem out. Nice one EA.

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-11 06:28:27)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6708|England, UK
Red servers and CD key being invalid are punkbuster issues. Reinstall PB. Its the way forward!
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
THANKS for all the replies and help, I did reinstall it in the end (i had no choice lol) but it all works now........
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6689|S.E. United States
man
wish Id of posted earlier
hate to see you went through all that
Ive had the unmodified error before
either just restarted the game,and went to playing
and been times I just clicked on it,and went right back into the same server
and your other problem was probably just a matter of time,when all servers finally get updated
pb update is another solution Ive used
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6640|Germany
I had this yesterday with my fav. Server, but today everything is ok.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6677
Last time I had issues with installing a patch, I didn't reinstall BF2 entirely and have had no problems. All I did was install the full version of the latest patch. Which was quicker than reinstalling from scratch. And more importantly... it worked. Worth a try.
birdman69
+11|6764|Toronto, Canada
Uninstall that aimbot you installed you cheater.  Play the game fair.
Gam Man
+5|6736
Same thing happened to me.  Rename bf2.exe back to bf2.exe run the patch and then rename it to whatever you had.
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK

Gam Man wrote:

Same thing happened to me.  Rename bf2.exe back to bf2.exe run the patch and then rename it to whatever you had.
I did that but then you wont be able to play euro force eg; EA downloader wont be able to locate the bf2.exe beacasue I renamed it so i had to do a whole reinstall AGAIN

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard