SteikeTa
+153|6746|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Well, I look like a numb nuts then. I haven't ever seen that. Sorry for the spam. Mods can delete if you wish.
Could have searched for it....
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5865

SteikeTa wrote:

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Well, I look like a numb nuts then. I haven't ever seen that. Sorry for the spam. Mods can delete if you wish.
Could have searched for it....
This topic is old. I know that now, I was new to the whole interface of the forum and all at the time this was made. I search for most things now.

Blueteam21 wrote:

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

IAfter this I noticed a major difference in my hit registration. Although these settings may work for me, they may not work for you. If they don't please PM me and I'll send you a different set of lines to try.
I can't stress this enough though, it is extremely important thing that you  set your latency (ping) in the server that your on.
You do this by pressing the tilde (~) in-game on a multi player server. I suggest writing this down. You type the following code into the console screen that pops up after hitting tilde in-game.

Code:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.050
do you have to do this every time you connect to a server?
No, but yes. It's hard to explain. Every server you join you have a different ping. Therefore, it isn't effective for you to change the file outside of the game by going to the con file. For example, you change your ping to .05500. Start BF2, join the server with that ping, leave the server then join a different server, chances are that server will have a different ping like 65 ms (.06500). That's why it's better to just change it in the server using the tilde (~).
Also, Adamshannon's links are useful. He's posted a link to a topic with settings some pros use. Feel free to try those. That's kind of why I stopped updating this.

Last edited by Guy.Buddy.Friend (2008-05-02 15:21:54)

goodguy729
+2|5820
Great posting, only one issue with what you have said.  Towards the end, where yu are talking about making in-game changes, you state, "This stands for a ping of 50ms (0.050). Notice how the original setting was at 1000ms (1.000), which I assume EA set as the highest you could go before disconnecting as a precaution to help (sarcasm tags) stabilize (end sarcasm) BF2." 

If you look at your code, you went from a standard of .1000 (not 1.000) to .050, which is not a change 1000ms to 50, but in fact is going from 100 to 50 ms.  Therefore, that would imply that someone who generally runs at a ping of 130 should actually increase their setting to .130000

Do you agree?
P_Diaz
+6|5560|USA
Thank you for taking the time to post this. I am very interested because I, too, unload a clip on someone, a whole magazine, and they kill me with one shot. It is frustrating, anyways, I have two questions. I'm a little confused with the whole ping thing, after I join any server I do the tilde (~) and enter the command. Now, as the person asked before me, this is before any server correct? And the other question, I'm assuming I would have to back up my config files before messing with this right? Thanks again for your time! Keep up the good work!
Gorntdot
+2|5556|PLYMOUTH/UK

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Usersettings CON file
Direct path ->"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings"[/b]
Guy's......!  I have a Q: 0n con file.(user settings.con)

I tyred paint to open it and got this message>>>>>https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/ianshelly/EAusersettoings.jpg

I opened it in word. (which worked) And changed the settings, But when i tyred to close and save the settings, I got this.>>>>>https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/ianshelly/ussersettingsBF2.jpg

I press the save, And get this>>>>>https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/ianshelly/usersettingsBF2.jpg

Any help will be good here As I'm not PC minded, and don't really understand such things....
I'm a simple man, But I'm disillusioned with the game, when i mostly ''as put'' empty a mag on a player , and miss Only to be shot back at with a one shot kill on me...!!

I've have lag, like a snail trail, and dust shoot all the time....
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland
I wouldn't put much hope in this stuff myself, but your choice...

Looks like the file is either read-only, or your windows account doesn't have sufficient access...as it's Vista I can't help much, but try right-clicking on the file and select 'properties', then make sure the 'read-only' box is not checked...that's what I would do in win XP. Hope this helps
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5865
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=104544
This states user settings are bullshit. Thanks.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5865
Close thread.
Gorntdot
+2|5556|PLYMOUTH/UK
did not work either...

it's not hope !!!   it's desperation...lol, Any thing that can bring me on Parr with the rest of the players that joined in 2006. I did not play for a while, But i play most days now. it's so frustrating..

I also have PB issues, But cant find any thing related to my problem.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

Gorntdot wrote:

Any help will be good here As I'm not PC minded, and don't really understand such things....
I'm a simple man, But I'm disillusioned with the game, when i mostly ''as put'' empty a mag on a player , and miss Only to be shot back at with a one shot kill on me...!!

I've have lag, like a snail trail, and dust shoot all the time....
nice stats mate!!!

by the way i suggest you download the PunkBuster updater from the evenbalance site, I hear the latest version of punkbuster fixes some hitreg issues

Spoiler (highlight to read):
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

Last edited by JoshP (2009-02-19 15:14:54)

Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5865

Gorntdot wrote:

did not work either...

it's not hope !!!   it's desperation...lol, Any thing that can bring me on Parr with the rest of the players that joined in 2006. I did not play for a while, But i play most days now. it's so frustrating..

I also have PB issues, But cant find any thing related to my problem.
The only thing that would put you on par is playing your balls off for a year or more with people who can completely rape you.
Usersettings do not work.
There is nothing you can do about reg with the exception of playing on low ping servers.
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6692|Norfolk, England

Shaftoe wrote:

This is - without a doubt - cheating.  Modifying your game to give you an advantage that is not enjoyed by the rest of the community is a violation of the ROE:

3.1 Use of Cheats or Hacks

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
You are without a doubt the biggest idiot ever.

Client configuration files are not core game files, no 3rd party game hacks are being employed to alter them and these are exempt from the bullshit ROE.
Turn on oven, insert head.
skratch-x
+25|6635|NY, USA

Gorntdot wrote:

Guy.Buddy.Friend wrote:

Usersettings CON file
Direct path ->"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings"[/b]
Guy's......!  I have a Q: 0n con file.(user settings.con)

I tyred paint to open it and got this message>>>>>http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 … toings.jpg
I lol'ed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard