War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I decided to try out this game today, it has a bit of a battlefield feel to it. In basic terms, it is a fps and rts combo. The commander just places buildings on the battlefield and the troops go help build them as well as combat the enemy troops and sometimes capturing territories(depending on the map).

It has four classes: The Rifleman, which is the basic infantry class who has the option of either having an assault rifle, heavy rifle(long range semi auto), or an lmg; the Scout, which is the recon class comes equipped with binoculars and a weapon choice of an accurate or a high damage smg, or a sniper rifle; the Grenadier(the AT and Mortar class); and the Engineer which repairs stuff, builds turrets, and even acts as the medic class.

The game is pretty fun actually, here the website for more info http://www.empiresmod.com/

Edit: Sorry for the bad grammar

Last edited by War Man (2010-05-20 18:08:58)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
This looks rather complex. Does it work on public?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Ive played it a few times.... its a bit of fun. but not great
firebolt5
+114|6125
I've played an earlier version of it a few years ago.  I feel like downloading it again to see all the new features and changes.  The mod was also in BF1942, although there empty servers.  How populated are the servers for this mod now?
War Man

firebolt5 wrote:

I've played an earlier version of it a few years ago.  I feel like downloading it again to see all the new features and changes.  The mod was also in BF1942, although there empty servers.  How populated are the servers for this mod now?
They're populated enough.

Sisco10 wrote:

It sounds complex when I looked at the wiki, but when I tried it was pretty simple. Also, what do you mean by: Does it work on public?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

War Man wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

It sounds complex when I looked at the wiki, but when I tried it was pretty simple. Also, what do you mean by: Does it work on public?
Well, you know. Since the commander needs to build the shizznit for the team and do the research to improve their weaponry, past experience tells me that most players being random in public don´t give a rats ass about teamplay. Remember bf2/2142 and their commanders...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
War Man

Sisco10 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Well, you know. Since the commander needs to build the shizznit for the team and do the research to improve their weaponry, past experience tells me that most players being random in public don´t give a rats ass about teamplay. Remember bf2/2142 and their commanders...
Players vote for their commander, but there are morons that do get elected though it is not all the time.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
The Empires mod for BF1942 was extreeeeeeemely buggy, but epic win.
firebolt5
+114|6125

Sisco10 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

The commander role in the Empires mod and BF2 is different.  I played yesterday and a good amount of players were yelling at the commander with their mics over different things like researching and getting "heavies" since the other team had heavies.  Maybe it was the language barrier because the commander sounded German but was speaking good enough English.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
Seeing how Finray revived the GE:S thread, imma revive this one.

Any of you still play this? I DL'ed it yesterday, must say it's pretty fun, especially when you get in the APC with a heavy minigun and rape infantry like no other.
War Man
Yeah, I'm in a clan actually which is like 2-3 weeks old now. We're seeking more skilled players and eventually we plan on going against this clan in a scrim.
Trotskygrad
бля

War Man wrote:

Yeah, I'm in a clan actually which is like 2-3 weeks old now. We're seeking more skilled players and eventually we plan on going against this clan in a scrim.
So what's your favorite kit/vehicle?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I used to play it alot

Forget about updates though, they haven't added any "real" content to the mod for years, even though they still claim they are "working" on air units...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

I used to play it alot

Forget about updates though, they haven't added any "real" content to the mod for years, even though they still claim they are "working" on air units...
LOL, yeah the Aircraft factory.

Seems like they redid the particle FX, and added lua scripting, so people can make their own vehicles and whatnot...
FloppY_
­
These days it seems to be 2 servers online in Europe & they are dominated by those "leet" players who just own everything....
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

These days it seems to be 2 servers online in Europe & they are dominated by those "leet" players who just own everything....
lolwut?

I find that I easily can get 2-3 kills in an APC with a minigun, just by raping unaware infantry.
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

lolwut?

I find that I easily can get 2-3 kills in an APC with a minigun, just by raping unaware infantry.
Yeah but I was thinking those few people who dominate an entire server...
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

lolwut?

like they actually melee people in empires?
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

lolwut?

Like they blow your head off from outside the drawdistance with an SMG

Like they spam and own an entire team by exploiting every inch of map design flaws

etc.
War Man
Thery need to fix the melee so you can melee on an empty clip instead of reloading.

Trotskygrad wrote:

War Man wrote:

So what's your favorite kit/vehicle?
Brenodi Heavy tank, Brenodi Rifleman(I like their assault rifle the best).

FloppY_ wrote:

I used to play it alot

They have a handful of people and they don't have any 3d modelers.
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Like they blow your head off from outside the drawdistance with an SMG

Like they spam and own an entire team by exploiting every inch of map design flaws

etc.
I don't think that even possible, I mean SMG have a max range...

oh and glitchers are usually instabanned on servers I play on, >.>
War Man
Feel so good, out of 420 clan. Now I'll consider getting payback.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

War Man wrote:

Feel so good, out of 420 clan. Now I'll consider getting payback.
But doing what?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Trotskygrad
бля
Still Waiting on that Aircraft factory
War Man
They won't have aircraft for a long time unless some player decides to make a map with them. Empires is quite short on crew and they no longer have modelers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard