Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
Just gotta level up. The lower levels are frustrating. Go on some of the main/side quests. I suggest Blood Ties...should help you level up nicely and doesn't make you have to come into encounters with too many enemies.
Phaytal
+20|6145|Engarlandd
Is that with Mr Shakespeare the vampire? Gawd hes annoying to listen to, not going too badly now i must say, grabbed a hunting rifle from somewhere, which seems to hit pretty hard with a shot from sneak

Edit - Oh and was it a mistake to blow up megaton? was the first thing i did lol..

Last edited by Phaytal (2009-02-19 19:27:47)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6185|Schofield Barracks

Phaytal wrote:

Is that with Mr Shakespeare the vampire? Gawd hes annoying to listen to, not going too badly now i must say, grabbed a hunting rifle from somewhere, which seems to hit pretty hard with a shot from sneak

Edit - Oh and was it a mistake to blow up megaton? was the first thing i did lol..
id say its a mistake
EDIT: alien spaceship blew up over my head and i was in a valley so i cant find the blaster.

Last edited by MAGUIRE93 (2009-02-19 19:52:14)

sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6222

Phaytal wrote:

Oh and was it a mistake to blow up megaton? was the first thing i did lol..
Having never done it, I can't answer entirely confidently.  But I would still say no.  You get a house either way you decide to play that quest and Moira Brown will appear in the Underworld for you to do the "Wasteland Survival" quest, so the only thing you're missing out on is the depressing environment.

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

alien spaceship blew up over my head and i was in a valley so i cant find the blaster.
My advice would be to place your marker on the spot where the event occurred and return with Dogmeat.  He'll be able to sniff out the Firelance as well as the precious ammo that falls randomly when the UFO crash event occurs.

Last edited by sexecuti0ner (2009-02-19 19:59:41)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6185|Schofield Barracks

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Phaytal wrote:

Oh and was it a mistake to blow up megaton? was the first thing i did lol..
Having never done it, I can't answer entirely confidently.  But I would still say no.  You get a house either way you decide to play that quest and Moira Brown will appear in the Underworld for you to do the "Wasteland Survival" quest, so the only thing you're missing out on is the depressing environment.

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

alien spaceship blew up over my head and i was in a valley so i cant find the blaster.
My advice would be to place your marker on the spot where the event occurred and return with Dogmeat.  He'll be able to sniff out the Firelance as well as the precious ammo that falls randomly when the UFO crash event occurs.
thank you.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Haha, oh shit.

These guys are gonna be in the next DLC. They're called Trogs and were apparently in Van Buren.

https://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/b/b7/Van_Buren_Trog.jpg

A new weapon'll also be available called the "Infiltrator" which is a scoped, silenced rifle. I <3 my Gauss Rifle though.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6396|NSW, Australia

tbh, i want van buren to come out, seems like it would have been cool
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Well...it did, kinda. It just wasn't an official game and wasn't completed.

Interplay's working on a Fallout MMO though, so they're not out of the picture just yet.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Online

Wouldn't imagine it to come out until atleast 2010-11 though.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
oshi-

Lawdy_
ahhhh dangit!
+15|5955|Australia
Does anyone else get scared the fuck out when entering another vault?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6634

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6396|NSW, Australia

We're sorry, this video is no longer available
OmniDeath
~
+726|6634

RavyGravy wrote:

We're sorry, this video is no longer available
It works for me...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
https://kotaku.com/assets/images/gallery/9/2009/03/medium_3331139650_ccc897417e_o.jpg
https://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/6/6e/Ss_preview_Courtyard.jpg.jpg
https://www.holyfragger.com/images/pictures/6008L.jpg

Coming March 24th
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6334
I just got this game and have a few questions.

What Items are worth keeping. Cause I carry a lot of "junk" apparently, does it come in handy somehow? Or do I need cigarettes for a quest or as a bribe?

Tips on weapons?

I bought the room in the saloon, including the company. So, where´s the bitch?

The game is fucken awesome so far. LOVE the way you create your character. Never seen anything like it. Awesome work Bethesda. Srsly!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6222

Sisco10 wrote:

What Items are worth keeping. Cause I carry a lot of "junk" apparently, does it come in handy somehow? Or do I need cigarettes for a quest or as a bribe?

Tips on weapons?

The game is fucken awesome so far. LOVE the way you create your character. Never seen anything like it. Awesome work Bethesda. Srsly!
A lot of the stuff that you are able to pick up is more or less worthless.  Things such as tin cans, cups, plates, etc are completely worthless unless using them for ammo in the Rock-it Launcher.  Other small things, however, are simply worth keeping for the sake of selling them and making money.  Stock up on pre-war money first and foremost (is has no weight, so why not), ammo(which also has no weight and is worth selling if you'll never use it), pre-war books (you'll be able to sell them for 100 caps each later on), and cigarettes are decent in terms of the amount of money you get for them from merchants.  Or, if you're a complete pack rat, complete the "Power of Atom" quest to get yourself a permanent residence where you can store infinite amounts of junk in your locker or dresser. 

As far as weapons, the main one I used was Ol' Painless (hunting rifle) for a variety of reasons.  There is plenty of ammo to be found for it, there are plenty of other hunting rifles to repair it with, it does decent damage, but most of all, because I maxed my "Small Guns" skill.  I think that between getting all your skills moderately high or maxing out a select few, it's definitely better to max a few and use those skills as much as possible.  So, you don't have to use the same weapon I did because you might be maxing different skills and want to use different ones.  Remember that there are infinite successful builds in this game, you just have to do a little planning and find out what works for you.  What skills are you leaning towards improving at this point?

Another thing I would advise is to consult the wiki.  There is a metric shitload of content in this game and to think that you can find it all is kind of absurd. 

P.S. no hot coffee in FO3, sorry
Sisco
+493|6334

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Tips on weapons?

A lot of the stuff that you are able to pick up is more or less worthless.  Things such as tin cans, cups, plates, etc are completely worthless unless using them for ammo in the Rock-it Launcher.  Other small things, however, are simply worth keeping for the sake of selling them and making money.  Stock up on pre-war money first and foremost (is has no weight, so why not), ammo(which also has no weight and is worth selling if you'll never use it), pre-war books (you'll be able to sell them for 100 caps each later on), and cigarettes are decent in terms of the amount of money you get for them from merchants.  Or, if you're a complete pack rat, complete the "Power of Atom" quest to get yourself a permanent residence where you can store infinite amounts of junk in your locker or dresser.
Alright, I can get rid of all the stuff then. In other roleplay games "useless" stuff I sold early in the games turned out to be important for some dude later on. Good luck finding it again

sexecuti0ner wrote:

As far as weapons, the main one I used was Ol' Painless (hunting rifle) for a variety of reasons.  There is plenty of ammo to be found for it, there are plenty of other hunting rifles to repair it with, it does decent damage, but most of all, because I maxed my "Small Guns" skill.  I think that between getting all your skills moderately high or maxing out a select few, it's definitely better to max a few and use those skills as much as possible.  So, you don't have to use the same weapon I did because you might be maxing different skills and want to use different ones.  Remember that there are infinite successful builds in this game, you just have to do a little planning and find out what works for you.  What skills are you leaning towards improving at this point?
Yeah, I havn´t decided towards a special weapon type yet. Mainly because I only found pistols so far . Is there a way to dual wield them anyway?
Skills I´m leaning towards so far are Charisma and speach (which turned out very usefull even in the first few dialogues), repairing (for maintaining and building ma own weapons ) this barter thing (the one giving you bargains at merchants) and some fast learning skills. Lockpicking might be another option and some medicine too.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Another thing I would advise is to consult the wiki.  There is a metric shitload of content in this game and to think that you can find it all is kind of absurd.
Thanks, will look into it.

sexecuti0ner wrote:

P.S. no hot coffee in FO3, sorry
Oh lawd Looks like drug addiction is my only choice then...

Thank you very much for the great heads up.
+1 to you kind sir!
Sisco
+493|6334
I forgot, how does the radiation system work?

As far as I understood, almost everything you consume (apart from stimpacks) is contaminated and adds Rad to your body. If this rad reaches a certain level, you die? or have other disadvantages?
Cause even after drinking the "purified" water in megaton I got some rad.

And the only way of getting rid of it is by using some rad-x thingy or paying the doc a few hundred caps, right?
seeker67
+3|6443|Flordia

Sisco10 wrote:

As far as I understood, almost everything you consume (apart from stimpacks) is contaminated and adds Rad to your body. If this rad reaches a certain level, you die? or have other disadvantages?

And the only way of getting rid of it is by using some rad-x thingy or paying the doc a few hundred caps, right?
yes everything you consume in the game gives you radiation except purified water. the rad level does have does disadvantages i suggest you read this to find out more.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation
Sisco
+493|6334

seeker67 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

yes everything you consume in the game gives you radiation except purified water. the rad level does have does disadvantages i suggest you read this to find out more.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation
Thanks for the linky. Have some karmaz!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Sisco
+493|6334
AMMO!!!

Where can I get enough fucking ammo?!?! I can´t use my Chinese Assault rifle, cause no one in megaton is selling any. I can´t afford the Rock-It launcher schematics either. Shooting at my first super mutant with a small 10mm Pistol is fucken retarded!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sisco10 wrote:

AMMO!!!

Where can I get enough fucking ammo?!?! I can´t use my Chinese Assault rifle, cause no one in megaton is selling any. I can´t afford the Rock-It launcher schematics either. Shooting at my first super mutant with a small 10mm Pistol is fucken retarded!
My advice is to save ammo as much as possible, buy it when you can and always go for headshots at close range until you get a decent stockpile up.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
spasticus5
A TEN! A TEN!
+9|6188|San Clemente(best city ever)
so ya, just finished it because I had to know. Ending was kind of anti-climactic after everything i guess. Still its just an awesome gme

Now, loaded up my save file and am finishing some other quests. Power Armor and Eugene are an epic combination. Plus Fawkes and his Gatling Laser haha
Sisco
+493|6334

Flecco wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

AMMO!!!

My advice is to save ammo as much as possible, buy it when you can and always go for headshots at close range until you get a decent stockpile up.
Hm, is there a mod you might recommend me that brings in more ammo? Or makes the weapons less vulnerable to condition loss?

I´m kinda depressed when playing this game. This is mostly due to the setting. Man, a wasteland is a real bugger. Kudos for making it that convinving I guess.
But I can´t really get into the flow. For a shooter it´s too slow with not enough ammo (which pissed me off in Doom3 too). For an RPG it seems too fps-ly.
And is there no way to sprint?

Hm, I´ll guess I just try to find the Fallout pace, might increase the fun. Dunno.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard