Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6732|SE London

Recently Facebook have updated their terms and conditions to give themselves complete irrevocable rights to any content users post there. Not such an issue for me, but loads of people I know could potentially be screwed over by it (independent animators, artists - that sort of thing).

Facebook Terms and Conditions wrote:

You are solely responsible for the User Content that you Post on or through the Facebook Service. You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof. You represent and warrant that you have all rights and permissions to grant the foregoing licenses.
I'm just trying to raise a bit of awareness about this. Seems outrageous that they can suddenly change their terms and apply it to all content anyone has ever posted there.

Anyone with any inclination to do so can email the Facebook team ([email protected]) to complain about this. Go on. You know you want to hassle them about it...

If enough people hassle them about it, they'll just get rid of it from the T&Cs and that would be good. People surreptitiously stealing your rights from you is not good.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6650|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`
+655|5941|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
phishman420
Banned
+821|5831
srch
alfa romeos are for faggggggggssssssssssss

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-02-17 11:46:22)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6897|The United Center
This topic has been discussed previously -- Please use the search feature to find the previous thread. {quote}

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard