Acme1234
+62|6110|Melbourne, Australia
Okay, so I often find my way to weird rooftops and ledges on Infantry Only servers, and have people asking me over voip and global, "WTF", or abusing me and calling me a hacker and glitcher, because they have no idea how to get up there. Sometimes they even teamkill me for being there.

So I thought I'd show how these jumps are done, and reveal some dirty tricks. Some are commonly known spots that most experienced players should know, while others are a little bit more tricky that I figured out with mates.

There's no real advantage to most of these spots, their just good for a lol, and to confuse the enemy. Although some of them have been useful in ladder matches.

Karkand Monkey

Karkand Monkey - Part Two

Sharqi / Jalabad Monkey

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-03-22 01:48:42)

Zandermander
Chopper Whore
+3|5603
Cool beans, nice video
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Some nice spots, lol at music choice tho.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HODI1992
Banned
+7|5647
very nice video
ozric
+4|5957|Sweden
This must be pre 1.41?
SouthernCross
+9|5655|AU-Brisbane

ozric wrote:

This must be pre 1.41?
And why is that genius?
Acme1234

ozric wrote:

This must be pre 1.41?
No, this is 1.41. All fraps recorded on a empty ranked server.

Try them out single player, or on a empty server, and learn a few of them. It's always funny to watch your team mates running past, then spot you, and run around like a chicken below typing things at you, and wondering how on earth you got there.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5595|Dublin, Ireland
Most of them spots just expose you more, any rooftop/ledge ect that disables you to move is a bad rooftop/ledge.
Acme1234

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Most of them spots just expose you more, any rooftop/ledge ect that disables you to move is a bad rooftop/ledge.
But your forgetting about the lol factor.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5718|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am I the only one for who the sped up video ruined it for?

I dunno, I found that a lot of the time, just as you do the actual jump and turn or whatever, you do it so fast + the speed up, that I couldn't even see.

Maybe I just haven't played in so long, my eyes aren't used to fast movement/spinning
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6652|The Netherlands

Acme1234 wrote:

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

But your forgetting about the lol factor.
lolz indeed +1
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6200|Daqing Oilfields?

TheDonkey wrote:

Am I the only one for who the sped up video ruined it for?

I dunno, I found that a lot of the time, just as you do the actual jump and turn or whatever, you do it so fast + the speed up, that I couldn't even see.

Maybe I just haven't played in so long, my eyes aren't used to fast movement/spinning
I think it helped a little bit since no one really wants to watch 15+ minutes of bunny hopping between buildings, but I see what you're saying. None of those spots are as easy to get to as they look, but after a few tries you get the hang of it.

The small ledge above Hotel flag's stairs is great

Last edited by Miniman7474 (2009-02-16 06:50:14)

aLi3nZ
+138|6508|New Zealand
Cheers I had seen players in some of those spots before but never new how to get there.

Def gonna use at least a couple of them. +1
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6355|West NY
So uhm...why are HD videos on youtube always laggy for me...?
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5718|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Noobpatty wrote:

So uhm...why are HD videos on youtube always laggy for me...?
Laggy as in your internet's too slow and the red bar doesn't load fast enough, or laggy as in your computer's not powerful enough to handle so many pixels all changing at once?

HD sorta lags for me too, and on my iBook G4, it's brutal.
Acme1234
Here is a couple more, really sneaky spots, that I was going to keep to myself, but thought someone will watch the BR or something sooner or later, so I might as well show how their done. Plus there's some silly Vodnik spots as well.

Karkand Monkey - Part Two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9V23Dk2PRE&fmt=22

PS - Good luck with the warehouse trick, has to be one of the hardest out there.

aLi3nZ wrote:

Cheers I had seen players in some of those spots before but never new how to get there.

Def gonna use at least a couple of them. +1
Hahahah, 3 or 4 us always alias onto ICONZ karkand, and sneak our way up there. Always funny to watch how some of the Kiwi's rage.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-02-16 21:54:32)

Safrguns
+105|6132
That shows a lot of footwork skills.... nice 1!.  ALWAYS fun to freak out people without cheating.

I was really impressed with the smoothness you got your videos to play in HD though...
Can you please talk about your project settings?  file format, codec, bit rate, frame size (assumed 1280x720), etc.
Also, what was your file size for part 1?

Tried my new movie in HD, and it just comes out choppy in HD once on youtube.

Thanks
Acme1234

Safrguns wrote:

I was really impressed with the smoothness you got your videos to play in HD though...
Can you please talk about your project settings?  file format, codec, bit rate, frame size (assumed 1280x720), etc.
Also, what was your file size for part 1?
Recorded off a screen resolution of 1920x1080 with fraps settings of half size, no sound, 50fps.

Encoded in Vegas, using xVid codec on default settings, at 50fps, at 1280x720.

Part 1 was 330mb, at  a bitrate of 79114.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-02-17 12:36:03)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/maps.php

That site ^^^ has a bunch of places on each map you can get to.
Acme1234

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/maps.php

That site ^^^ has a bunch of places on each map you can get to.
Yeah, but none of the ones I have shown.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard