• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Can Someone Look Into My System and Tell Me How Decent It Is?
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6706|Alaska
I have been wanting to buy a new powerful system with a nice processor for a while now, but im debating if i should buy new parts for my current system to make it better or if i should just buy a whole newer system. Please let me know. I Want to be able to run games like Crysis and Call Of Duty WAW.

Computer:

HP Pavilion.

Windows Xp

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual

Core Processor 3800+

1.99GHz 3BG RAM

Video Card:

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS

PCI Express
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6445|EE Chat
I'm gonna go with build a new system. CoD WAW, Crysis, and other future games will be fairly graphic intensive.  Also, your processor is fairly old, along with your graphics card. Won't be able to handle those games. Any budget?

Last edited by Reddhedd (2009-02-15 19:15:10)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

Another vote for new system. To play those games properly you'll need a new CPU as well as a new GPU. Once you upgrade the 2 major components you're better off just getting a new system. Still you can cannibalize parts from the old system like HDD, DVD, case, etc ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
Wait a while till some of the hardcore techy kids see this, they love this sort of stuff.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5981|Toronto
New System. Keep your HDD and case, maybe your PSU depending on how good it is. Basically do as max says, he knows his way 'round.
I like pie.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6706|Alaska
Thanks for help guys, as for the budget ill saying about 1500 to 2000 but i dont want to spend anthing over 2 grand
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Dsp-CS- wrote:

Thanks for help guys, as for the budget ill saying about 1500 to 2000 but i dont want to spend anthing over 2 grand
building it yourself?

and USD i presume?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

with 2 grand you can go wild and buy whatever you want

Something along the lines of a
i7 920
P6T Dlx
3x2GB DDR3-1600
noctua nh-u12p
GTX285
Corsair HX520W
Any case you like
HDD if you need more space / speed

should fit you nicely
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6361|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
$1500-$2000 is a ton of money to build a computer
you could probably build a more than decent one for around $700-$800, if you wanted,  but if you have that kind of money, knock yourself out
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6706|Alaska
Im not looking into particularly building a computer, but most likely buying one. Any recommendations?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
parts are very cheap now so post on here if you pick a comp and one of us can tell you if it's a good choice for the money...
I also recommend getting a big name brand, PSU(power supply).... a borderline power supply can give your computer weird, intermittent problems you can't figure out... trust me...lol

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-02-15 21:09:48)

Love is the answer
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6445|EE Chat
This is the same thing I went over with my friend. I suggest building on your own, but if absolutely must by pre-built, then here are some suggestions.
Only a bit above budget, plus you can downgrade the video card, etc. if needed. http://www.falcon-nw.com/config/build.asp
Here is a real kick ass one. http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=2 COUPON AT BOTTOM, -300 MAY EXPIRE SOON, IF BUYING, GO ASAP!
One more choice. http://stealthmachines.com/quality/buil … puterid=16
I really think that if you are capable, you should build yourself.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I love the thought of spending someone elses money.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Can Someone Look Into My System and Tell Me How Decent It Is?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard