Vergage
+1|5712
Hey there,

I have a brand new computer and a top notch graphics card with all my drivers up to date. But when playing BF2, with all graphics setting on high, the outlines of things is still quite block like.

When trying to change Anti Analysing from "None" to x8 it doesnt work. Ive tried both setting my graphics card to specifically allow the program to decide it, as well as trying to make it x8 on the settings for the program, all to no avail.

Any ideas what I could do, or what the problem might be?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6306|what

lol the graphics for bf2 look blocklike because they are block like.

A 7600gt can run bf2 at max settings. Any newer card isn't going to improve things at all, other than frame rate.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6534|the land of bourbon
make sure your drivers are up to date too... but yeah, bf2 is getting old, newer gfx cards can only do so much...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6919|Cambridge (UK)
You may need to force AA in the driver configuration for it to apply in-game.

Also (not sure if this makes any difference with AA, but it might) be sure to clear out your shader cache.

Oh, and are you sure it's not making any difference (it can be hard to tell)?

The best way is take a screeny from a fixed, known, position in-game (when it's on the map-preview/waiting for you to spawn screen is a good option), once with AA off, then with AA on, then difference them in Photoshop and stretch the levels out...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-02-06 20:47:53)

Wallpaper
+303|6147|The pool
Try 4xAA... And what are your specs?
Vergage
+1|5712
Nomatter what AA I use ingame, it goes back to "None" when i click apply. I even made sure the graphics card was set to "Allow Application to decide", as well as trying to use my graphics card to make the program run x8q, as well as trying x16 and just basic x8. All seemed to be the same.

Using a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 2gb RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, and got Vista 32 bit
Wallpaper
+303|6147|The pool
Apply 4xAA, close game

Open game, apply 4xAA, close game

Do this a couple times, sometimes it doesnt stick the first time
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6919|Cambridge (UK)

Vergage wrote:

Nomatter what AA I use ingame, it goes back to "None" when i click apply. I even made sure the graphics card was set to "Allow Application to decide", as well as trying to use my graphics card to make the program run x8q, as well as trying x16 and just basic x8. All seemed to be the same.

Using a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 2gb RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, and got Vista 32 bit
The way I've always got it to work most successfully, is to make sure the game is set to 'No AA' and not running, then set the driver to force the desired AA level, then load the game and set it there.

But I've not had much (or in the case the GPU, any) experience with your particular hardware or software so your mileage may vary.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6869
I would leave the graphics card at stock settings and use the BF2 settings ingame...

and you can open the .con file here and change the settings to get ultra high settings....(use your own screen resolution instead of 1600x1200...unless you are running at 1600x1200)
First you must go into your My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\video.con file and just copy and paste over with the following:

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 4
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 4
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 4
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 4
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 4
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 4
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 4
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 4
VideoSettings.setResolution 1600x1200@60Hz
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 4Samples
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-02-12 22:11:22)

Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard