BudRell
+2|6837|Home
From the day I installed and started to play BF2 (and SF) I have wondered the stats system of BF2.
There is atleast one parameter that could be used much better that it has been used.
That is K/D, kill/death ratio. Does anyone know if it's used in any other way than just as a piece of stats ?

It could be used much better.
One example : to determine the final points of round played for a player.

Now when you look the totals after a round you commonly see that the "gold medalist" can have 120 points with 40 deaths and 38 kills....WHY..?
Has he/she been sooo good victim that he/she deserves to have best score after beeing raped from behind so many times ?
IMO, if you "take a nap" more than harm the enemy, you are not so skilled your score says.

Why didn't they make the K/D ratio more powerful ?
If it was so that the final score per round would be divided with deaths of the player, the whole pointing system would be radically better and more realistic compared to present.

As a bonus that would make the game better in many ways. Just think...for example "base rape" and other kinky situations...

P.S. The "Top whatevershit" list would look totally different too...it would matter something after that.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand
sounds like a good idea
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Anybody with 40 deaths, 38 kills and 120 points has obviously been playing a heavy team role, rather than just hopping in a tank and sitting in one place for 30 minutes. Not cheapening the role of vehicles or anything, but he's probably been dropping medikits or ammo bags in alleys for his team, or at least moving rapidly from flag to flag.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-20 16:35:39)

mexi
+0|6651
ya i agree with unnamednewbie13 cuz that means they got killed the same amount of times as they killed some1 so they had to be by themselves alone cuz not an average joe can get killed 38 times even they busted there balls trying to do it
Buzerk1
+44|6836
If they would apply this rules, this would only push more people to "base rape". And 40-38 doesn't mean the is bad, this mean the guy is working hard getting flags and actually making sure his team wins.

Hell, I'd say flag capture/defend is even more important then k/d ratio. 'cause this shows people trying to win the map instead of worrying about his personal score. I personaly thing they should give 3 points for flag capture instead of 2. It's harder to cap a flag then kill someone.

I'd like that, with over 8000 flag capture, my stats would be to the roof. (I have more then 1 flag capture/defend for every 2 kills I get)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I like point acquirement just as it is, because I don't want to move up too fast. Without shiny gold badges, I won't get to be a general, and if I'm not a general, people won't be hunting me down for screenshots. Without that, there's no fun after colonel!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-20 18:46:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard