GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6433|Finland

Finray wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Finray wrote:

Awsm innit?

I was quite amazed myself.

Core clock is upped to 850, and memory to 1045, shouldn't boost a 4670 past a 4870 should it?
It doesn't and you fail to tell that you use a graphics config so obviously you get high fps.
So going into options and hitting optimal system settings and then changing the res to 1280x1024 is a config? Mk then.
?

If you did that.... you are NOT running it at max settings.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6600|SE London

Finray wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Finray wrote:

Awsm innit?

I was quite amazed myself.

Core clock is upped to 850, and memory to 1045, shouldn't boost a 4670 past a 4870 should it?
It doesn't and you fail to tell that you use a graphics config so obviously you get high fps.
So going into options and hitting optimal system settings and then changing the res to 1280x1024 is a config? Mk then.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black

Bertster7 wrote:

Finray wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

And optimal settings switches everything on for me.. which is max gfx..innit or am I missing something here?

I also downloaded a movie config which switches EVERYTHING on, and ran at 1280x720, and was still getting max fps.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/shot0072.jpg
https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/shot0071.jpg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

I see three "Normal". That means it isn't max.

Also, wtf at dual video cards.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
JoshP
Banned
+176|5707|Notts, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

lol @ u, you don't have COD4 rite?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yeah, there are no high settings for dynamic light, model detail and water detail.

Also, dual video card support apparently has a boost for fps by like 3-5 or something. Whatever, I think it's a placebo affect, but I've got it on anyway.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6433|Finland

http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-radeo … 0-review/9

and another one
https://www.elitebastards.com/hanners/sapphire/4670/charts/cod4-1280aa.png

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-02-08 07:48:36)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

JoshP wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

No, I use common sense.

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Yeah, there are no high settings for dynamic light, model detail and water detail.
Well that's fucking retarded.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
JoshP
Banned
+176|5707|Notts, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

No, I use common sense.
Well it failed you there.
rapet
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine
Finray.

Download FRAPS, and then go to FPS tab, and make sure there is a button for benchmark hotkey. Then, on the bottom, put a check in MinMaxAvg FPS. Then, uncheck "stop benchmark automatically".

Now, go into a POPULATED server, where you'd normally play, and press your benchmark hotkey. Run it for a round, or a map, or at least a few minutes, and then either press the hotkey again or leave the server. Don't worry, this won't lag you any. Then, go to the FRAPS folder (by default it's C:\FRAPS) and then the benchmark folder, and then open the file and post it here.

Also, while you do that, lock your FPS at 250 pl0x.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

CrazeD wrote:

Finray.

Download FRAPS, and then go to FPS tab, and make sure there is a button for benchmark hotkey. Then, on the bottom, put a check in MinMaxAvg FPS. Then, uncheck "stop benchmark automatically".

Now, go into a POPULATED server, where you'd normally play, and press your benchmark hotkey. Run it for a round, or a map, or at least a few minutes, and then either press the hotkey again or leave the server. Don't worry, this won't lag you any. Then, go to the FRAPS folder (by default it's C:\FRAPS) and then the benchmark folder, and then open the file and post it here.

You could have just said go benchmark with fraps. I'm not retarded.
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine

Finray wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Finray.

Apologies then, didn't know if you'd ever done it before.

Make sure you cap FPS at 250 though.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

Finray wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Finray.

Don't tempt me.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
25141,    211832,  63, 231, 118.684

EDIT: Pasted an old one..

EDIT2: I was on China Town, which is SAS vs Spetznas, which is more graphically demanding.. should I bench again on marine/opfor?

Last edited by Finray (2009-02-08 12:47:44)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6433|Finland

bench on all chillied up on single player
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5629|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

']['error.V2 wrote:

I wouldn't game on onboard graphics. What's your budget? I'm sure we can find something more suitable for you. Have you ever thought of self building a machine?
I'd like to keep it under $1000 for the computer itself, and I know almost nothing about computers other than what I have figured out myself or learned from my friend, who is a total computer genius.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

bench on all chillied up on single player
Ugh, will do it later.
Wallpaper
+303|6012|The pool

nickb64 wrote:

I'd like to keep it under $1000 for the computer itself, and I know almost nothing about computers other than what I have figured out myself or learned from my friend, who is a total computer genius.
You can build a really nice system for $800-1000... And building a computer is much easier than people make it out to be, theyre basically expensive Legos . Pretty much all the plugs and wires are keyed so they can only fit in one way

Good rig might be:

CPU: E8400
CPU cooler: TRUE120/HDT-1283
Motherboard: P5Q Pro
RAM: 2x2GB DDR2-1066
GPU: HD4870
PSU: Corsair HX520

Get from Newegg
JoshP
Banned
+176|5707|Notts, UK

Wallpaper wrote:

And building a computer is much easier than people make it out to be, theyre basically expensive Legos . Pretty much all the plugs and wires are keyed so they can only fit in one way
Unless you do what a colleague of my Dad's did, and forget to put the mobo risers in. He shorted out £400 worth of equipment simply by forgetting that. I think the phrase "Epic fail" is quite appropriate here...
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5629|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Wallpaper wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

You can build a really nice system for $800-1000... And building a computer is much easier than people make it out to be, theyre basically expensive Legos . Pretty much all the plugs and wires are keyed so they can only fit in one way

Good rig might be:

Get from Newegg
Thanks, will ask my friend if he would help me put it together once I (hopefully) get it. Got to figure out putting together the money for it, but hopefully soon.
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5832

nickb64 wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Good rig might be:

Get from Newegg
Thanks, will ask my friend if he would help me put it together once I (hopefully) get it. Got to figure out putting together the money for it, but hopefully soon.
Well you can also build a PC that is many times better than the pre-build one for less. $700 will give you a nice pc .
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
Just played cod4 all max, 1920x1080 res.

tried benchmarking on fraps but for some reason the files werent saving.... the benchmark folder was empty..

but anyway i set fps max to 400 ...max i got was around 350fps, min was about 140fps... this was over 10mins on crossfire.

seems like alot of fps lol... but thats wat fraps said.
CrazeD
+368|6691|Maine
Did you put a check in Save MinMaxAvg FPS?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
yep i put a tick in fps and frametimes as well.... should i have just picked one?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard