Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England
It's out on PSN, and it's pretty fuckin awesome

Anyone else tried it yet?

So yeah, the graphics are just amazing, the dirt getting caught on your screen, the blood spraying out of shot enemies, and the explosions are the best I've seen.

Gameplay is fun too, controls are easy and if you're ever unsure where to go you press 'up' and a little marker will show up for a short time so you know where you're heading.

Demo only lasts about 5 minutes so there's not much more I can say, you can only go on the second difficulty so it's pretty easy.

Defo pre-ordering, only decent console FPS ever made (y) (apart from Killzone 1)

Last edited by Sidsnot (2009-02-07 04:28:29)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
I don't see the demo on my PSN.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
It's on the EU store. Yeah, pretty good game. Best graphics for an FPS shooter I've seen on the ps3, controls feels a littly clunky/slow but you'll get used to it. A short demo, but I was quite impressed, probably will end up getting this game
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
yeah sensitivity was so low, had to nearly max it out.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6340|Belfast
i fucking loved it
the demo was a bit too short but nonetheless

i wont get it until May though since i'm planning to buy FEAR 2

Last edited by henno13 (2009-02-07 12:02:28)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Sidsnot wrote:

Defo pre-ordering, only decent console FPS ever made (y) (apart from Killzone 1)
Lol KZ1. So...so mediocre. Well actually, I think that's what makes KZ2 even better. It's a sequel that's actually BETTER than it's predecessor. That doesn't happen so often.

I'm getting it, but I hate this hyping up. I don't mind hype or anything (obviously) but when it gets to be too extensive, it kills it for me. I'm sure it'll be good, but not the greatest FPS (let alone game) of all time like some on various forums are claiming. Besides, it's the MP that'll make this game...not the SP.

This sums up everything about the arguments against and for Killzone 2, and how fucking ridiculous all of them are:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69299 … ommentpost

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-02-07 13:26:28)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51

Sidsnot wrote:

It's out on PSN, and it's pretty fuckin awesome

Anyone else tried it yet?

So yeah, the graphics are just amazing, the dirt getting caught on your screen, the blood spraying out of shot enemies, and the explosions are the best I've seen.

Gameplay is fun too, controls are easy and if you're ever unsure where to go you press 'up' and a little marker will show up for a short time so you know where you're heading.

Demo only lasts about 5 minutes so there's not much more I can say, you can only go on the second difficulty so it's pretty easy.

NOWAI!!!! /DOWNLOADS IT THIS INSTANT.  I've seen movies from it and it just made me drool all over my PS3/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Because of the cover system and the fact that it's not a twitch style game, I think the MP will be quite fun. But it depends, hopefully people are dropped quickly otherwise the cover system will then be pointless and the sluggish/slow-ish movement will just make it even more annoying. Hate it when it takes ages to kill someone in a game
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
Downloaded it and played it. One thing, and one thing only:

Last edited by RDMC (2009-02-07 14:57:43)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hate it when it takes ages to kill someone
QFT

Is the demo out on the US PSN? Too lazy to check. My friend told me on Thursday that it was out in the UK PSN but I don't feel like making a new account for it...

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-02-07 14:58:25)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
Damn it Europe! Make the demo available in America!!
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
demo is available in north america...but it's downloaded via a code from gamestop/ebgames. Couldn't be arsed to go to mine so I just created a UK account.

Demo=
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Rohirm wrote:

demo is available in north america...but it's downloaded via a code from gamestop/ebgames. Couldn't be arsed to go to mine so I just created a UK account.

Demo=
I pre-ordered from Play n' Trade, so no code for me. Not that big of a deal to me.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England
I swear Gaz from CoD4 is in it as one of the Helghast.

When you go into the Warehouse place with the one other guy, the Helghast says

"Negative we'll hold here until reinforcements arrive" it sounds just like when Gaz says it in COD, but with a helmet on.

Honest.

here

5:02

Last edited by Sidsnot (2009-02-08 09:22:41)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Sidsnot wrote:

I swear Gaz from CoD4 is in it as one of the Helghast.

When you go into the Warehouse place with the one other guy, the Helghast says

"Negative we'll hold here until reinforcements arrive" it sounds just like when Gaz says it in COD, but with a helmet on.

Honest.

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeakGPqtHXM
5:02
holy shit, that is gaz.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah, I had no idea until I played the demo that the Helghast were....from East London
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
did any of you have Killzone on the PS2? Best FPS ever on PS2
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

FatherTed wrote:

That's an achievement
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK

FatherTed wrote:

um no timesplitters 2 best FPS on ANY console.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England

FatherTed wrote:

yes and you're right

ps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PLAYSTATIO … amp;sr=8-3
Mekstizzle
WALKER
so have they always had cockney accents then? haha
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London

FatherTed wrote:

yeah, it was decent multiplayer but not the best ^^
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
Seeing there is a clan system in the game-> BF2S clan?

Or  have I consumed to much alcohol right now?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6702|Sweden
The demo was a 10 minute boost sure it looks dandy but i dont know what to think could be good or could be just another shooter probably wont bother with this one for a while. And whats up with the cursing? i didnt count the fucks but there were plenty of em in a 10-15 minute demo felt misplaced and abit silly imo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard