Duskwolf
+0|6800

McCullough wrote:

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

Well i wouldent say theres no such thing as Vehicle whoring, if you stand around waiting for one is what id consider a "Vehicle Whore" but if its there not being used then youd be stupid not to use it?
Do you call it whoring to wait for a Tank/APC to spawn? If you want the tank you have to wait for it to spawn nothing wrong with that.

And tank/APC whoring is when you are spawncamping with it.  And if you rack up kills with it anyway it's not whorng you are just good with it. I mean you can blow up tanks easily with C4 or well placed AT rockets.
The BH issue is total different because it's so extremly powerfull and it's very hard to kill it if there's engineers in it.
As much as i hate to point this out.. its not very hard to be good in a tank.
Being good on foot is something to talk about.. being good in a tank, and continually sitting in one (ok, get your medals etc, but don't do nothing but use a tank!) would be called tank whoring... its not about how good you are or are not in it, you get your time, and you use it then when you need it.. not because you are good in it.. the aim is to improve on all areas of your game.. which means on foot too.. *shrug*
you can be a fucking god in a tank, but if you suck on foot then you aren't gonna be useful after your tank gets C4'd are you? unless you sit around at base waiting for it to respawn so you can have it again.. which is tank whoring.. because you aren't actively helping your team. Rather than standing around waiting for it to come back so you can repeat the process, you could be on foot helping team members.

Tank Whores are the people who use CS tactics.. and by that i mean.. They don't care about the team status.
Israfael
+1|6815
In support of elbowdeep's arguement, I see vehicle whoring as defined as a person that pretty much ONLY plays in a tank or apc.  I totally understand the use of tanks and the balancing effects they have on some maps.  But I look at it this way: on a 32 player server there are 16 players on your team including you.  On karkand, the most popular map, there are 3 armor class vehicles.  A maximum of 2 if you happen to be USMC.  If you are constantly the only one using it round after round.  That is whoring.  There are some ppl that I have played several rounds with on several different servers and have never seen their name above anything but a tank or apc.  I have always thought one good way to combat this is to give a longer timer on the respawn of tanks and apcs.  Something like 3-4 minutes or so.  That way you would still have the tank and its usefulness but it wouldn't be worth it to use unless you were really good with it.  It just kind of sucks when your team works really hard against a USMC push on karkand and fights it back and the same guy keeps rolling down the road every 30 seconds with a new tank and spawn camps or ruins some really good infantry battles.

But anyway thats just my 2 cents.
Some food for thought.  http://bf2s.com/player/44420550/
thinner44
+1|6830

nexus3372 wrote:

thinner....how the heck did u manage that? what map i wanna try and fail @ it! Vote thinner
9/10 C4 peeps will race to the rear of a sitting tank, especially if your turret is facing forward... by hitting the 'c' key while waiting, you get an 'all around veiw'. I would think most C4 people know this, so it's a case of taking a chance, but if they do creep up on you to plant it, a quick reverse will put an end to their little plan.
If however, they attack the side, it's better to leap out and take your chances on foot. Many times I've done that, follwed him and gunned him down... although, many times I've done that and been blown to bits.

If you see me in a tank and my turret is facing forward, it's a rouse, it's an encouragement, come along and do your stuff.... I'm watching you

As for maps, any maps, anywhere any time.... good luck squishing
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6803|The Hague, Holland

thinner44 wrote:

nexus3372 wrote:

thinner....how the heck did u manage that? what map i wanna try and fail @ it! Vote thinner
9/10 C4 peeps will race to the rear of a sitting tank, especially if your turret is facing forward... by hitting the 'c' key while waiting, you get an 'all around veiw'. I would think most C4 people know this, so it's a case of taking a chance, but if they do creep up on you to plant it, a quick reverse will put an end to their little plan.
If however, they attack the side, it's better to leap out and take your chances on foot. Many times I've done that, follwed him and gunned him down... although, many times I've done that and been blown to bits.

If you see me in a tank and my turret is facing forward, it's a rouse, it's an encouragement, come along and do your stuff.... I'm watching you

You basterd! Dont give out our main secret !!
thinner44
+1|6830

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

nexus3372 wrote:

You basterd! Dont give out our main secret !!
Ah crap, sorry Sgt', I thought no one else would read my post ... They don't usually

Just for a laugh, I did it again 3 times today, and some of these players are MS and above... you gotta love em ... anyway, from now on, no more secrets
Takeda
+9|6799
Hi . First post here o/.

So let's talk about vehicle Whoring :p.

There is no such thing as vehicle whroring that's only something noobs that don't know how to use them invented over time.

Imagine this... you are in a conflict area in iraq as part of the "bad guys" and a tank comes in your camping ground when you are having supper with your terrorist friends, so the tank blows up a couple of your friends and you scream TANK WHORE LET ME FINISH MY MEAL! Ok what is wrong with this scenario? Are you fucking out of your mind!

Bf2 is suposed to simulate war and if you cry babies can't handle a tank, chopper, plane or a guy running at you with a knife go play some tetris.

A game is made so you can take out the best of it, so what some people would like is that bf2 was a infantry combat, if you like that go play counter-strike or something else.

So if you like to camp wait for a vehicle to spawn why not? if you like to take your tank to enemy base and take the shit out of them why not? Or if you take a plane and make bombs rain over wake island like the place is an iraqui palace why not?

My point is grow up, use your brain and be a kill whore like me .

Peace
Takedazor
+10|6799|Vila Real, Portugal
Ok wrong nick i hope this time my stats show up so i am not mistaken by the noobs i talked about X_X.

Peace
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6861|Cologne, Germany

Takedazor wrote:

Ok wrong nick i hope this time my stats show up so i am not mistaken by the noobs i talked about X_X.

Peace
no, they don't....but if you get your sig to work, I am eager to see what kind of expert player you are...
Takedazor
Ok by request of many families here it is :_).

Take a good look .

https://bf2s.com/player/43466662/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/43466662/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/43466662/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/43466662/awards.jpg
Duskwolf
+0|6800

Takeda wrote:

Hi . First post here o/.

So let's talk about vehicle Whoring :p.

There is no such thing as vehicle whroring that's only something noobs that don't know how to use them invented over time.

Imagine this... you are in a conflict area in iraq as part of the "bad guys" and a tank comes in your camping ground when you are having supper with your terrorist friends, so the tank blows up a couple of your friends and you scream TANK WHORE LET ME FINISH MY MEAL! Ok what is wrong with this scenario? Are you fucking out of your mind!

Bf2 is suposed to simulate war and if you cry babies can't handle a tank, chopper, plane or a guy running at you with a knife go play some tetris.

A game is made so you can take out the best of it, so what some people would like is that bf2 was a infantry combat, if you like that go play counter-strike or something else.

So if you like to camp wait for a vehicle to spawn why not? if you like to take your tank to enemy base and take the shit out of them why not? Or if you take a plane and make bombs rain over wake island like the place is an iraqui palace why not?

My point is grow up, use your brain and be a kill whore like me .

Peace
Written like a true noob-whore.
Ach1lles17
+0|6861|Laguna Beach, California
The only problem I have with Tanks and APC's are the n00bs that stand by a spawn point and rape everyone who spawns there. They just sit there and spawn kill.

The people that use the vehicles and get out every once in awhile, I'm cool with because they're fair and playing the game. They're using vehicles just the same as you can use them.

But if you sit there in your APC and be a whore by spawn killing people will start kick votes against you. I hate those people. I've seen a few people get Kicked and Banned for that stuff.
Takedazor

Duskwolf wrote:

Duskwolf you cry baby .

If you taked the time to write my name and see my stats you would see that i use all type of weapons and vehicles and the only noob here is you .

Let's just get one thing straight i don't base rape but i don't moan about it and start vote kicking i just blow the shit out of people who get in my way base raper or turists whatever.

I don't see in the cape of bf2 dvd any min requesits that say, no base raping, no vehicle using, and don't be too good because the noobs will start crying like baby's.

If you wanna start a war Dusky bring it on find me in a server and join it i'll be waiting for you, cry baby .

Peace
thinner44
+1|6830

Takedazor wrote:

Duskwolf wrote:

Duskwolf you cry baby .

If you taked the time to write my name and see my stats you would see that i use all type of weapons and vehicles and the only noob here is you .

Let's just get one thing straight i don't base rape but i don't moan about it and start vote kicking i just blow the shit out of people who get in my way base raper or turists whatever.

I don't see in the cape of bf2 dvd any min requesits that say, no base raping, no vehicle using, and don't be too good because the noobs will start crying like baby's.

If you wanna start a war Dusky bring it on find me in a server and join it i'll be waiting for you, cry baby .

Peace
Brilliant

Now can you pop over to the thread 'Tank whores' and do your stuff in there. I think I've reached my limit and there's a guy in there that has serious problems with those that drive tanks.
Israfael
+1|6815
Takedazor,
I read a lot of the posts here by both sides and I really never saw anyone ever say that no one can use vehicles.  That seems to be the main point you are fighting with.  The tanks are good, they bring a nice balance to maps. The vast majority of people don't have a problem with vehicles themselves, just the overuse of them by the same people every time.  I jump in tanks occassionally myself, granted they are normally abandoned on the battlefield half destroyed cuz someone was either out repairing it and got killed or saw me put c4 on it and got out, but I do use them as well.
Of the times I've been criticized in game for things I've done, nothing puzzled me more than why someone would start kick votes on me in a round where 22 of my 47 kills were m203 kills.  Very rarely will people in game get as mad at someone using the tank all round as the m203.  It got to the point where I almost entirely stopped using grenade launchers and started going spec ops more (mostly cuz I liked c4).  When you compare tanks and grenade launchers side by side though, it dosen't add up.  Grenade launchers have a couple benefits over tanks such as the fact that everyone on an entire team can use them if wanted, the person using it is much less conspicuous than a tank, and people with grenade launchers can go a lot of places tanks can not.  However, the benefits of the tank far outweigh the m203's.  It is completely immune to small arms fire, it has two weapons that can be fired simultaneously, has far more than 5 rounds, an explosive arcing round with quite a bit more force behind it than a gren launcher round (a much more predictable arc than the m203), a machine gun with very little recoil, and has much faster moving speed than the assault trooper in heavy armor.  Now again I must stress this is not me saying the grenade launchers should be allowed and tanks should not.  This is merely a comparison between two weapons in the game with some controversy behind them.  It was just strange that 3 or so rounds later some guy steamrolled the other team in a tank for like 43 or so kills, then again for like 35, then again for 37 or so.  No one on the other team said a word.  Well over 100 kills in three rounds with about 20 deaths and meanwhile I'm getting kickvoted for avging like 15 kpr with the gren launcher because its "cheap and too easy to kill with". 
But Takedazor, nothing you are doing is cheating or stat padding.  It is your game, you paid the money for it just like I did.  And ultimately no one can stop you from using mostly vehicles.  This game is all about fun and that is obviously how you have fun.  I would like to see a little score balancing effect go into place like an inhabited vehicle kill point.  C4ing a tank, after all takes a little more skill than shooting the wall next to a guy running away from you, and I think should be worth 3 points instead of 2.  As should dropping an attack helicopter with aa missles or a tow.  But anyway, Take please do not go around calling ppl n00bs and claiming that you use all types of weapons when you have just 403 more TOTAL KIT KILLS than tank kills alone.
17467 vehicle kills / 5307 Kit weapon kills       Real diverse
Takedazor
Ok... First of all you say ppl should use vehicles as they like but then you put a timer on it.
It's like saying to someone you can smoke all you like but only when you say it because you're around.

Second if you go after a tank with a m203 gg for you cause i was talking about the
anti-tank rocket not the m16 grenade launcher.

Third you got all my stats wrong

Israfael wrote:

But anyway, Take please do not go around calling ppl n00bs and claiming that
you use all types of weapons when you have just 403 more TOTAL KIT KILLS than tank kills alone.
Real diverse
So i'll get it right for you:
- 4910 tank kills
- 21483 total kills

Get your facts straight man before you start trowing shit at people and for your
information i got 5307 total kills by infantry weapons that alone cover the tank kills.

PEACE

Takedazor
Forgot one thing i never called no one noob cause i would take the risk of
calling a better player than me a noob.

But i am calling you and all your kind cry baby's and i did it more than once
i think it's the third time now .

PEACE
Israfael
+1|6815
Yes, let's get facts straight.  You don't call people n00b:

Takedazor wrote:

Duskwolf you cry baby .

Peace
Now that that is out of the way, lets go on to your other miscomprehentions.  If you actually read what I said that was a comparison between the grenade launcher and the tank NOT the grenade launcher and what it can do AGAINST a tank.  And, yes I did have a typo.  I said total kit kills where I meant to say tank kills.  And yes that covers the tank kills ONLY.  The 17467 vehicle kill/ 5307 total kit kill is correct.  Now, the timer.  As I stressed, it is your game and you can play it as you want.  You can have 1% of your total hours on solid ground if you like and I'm not going to stop you.  I just think, due to the massive benefit that tanks give a team they should have much longer spawn times than they have now.  That would actually make killing a tank worthwhile as it would be gone for several minutes instead of the 45 or so seconds they are gone now.  Requiring smarter play from tank commanders and most likely stopping a lot of the tank users with higher k:d ratios from constantly using them, it wouldn't be worth it unless they tightened up their game.  As for me "throwing shit" at people, as you say, I'm not really sure what you are referring to.  I tried to make a constructive post for things I would like to see, yes I pointed out you are coming up on having more tank kills than total kit kills but if you consider me referencing your stats as "throwing shit" then I'm not sure what to tell you.  But ya, go ahead and call me a cry baby again, that always works.
BeforeGod
+0|6835|British Columbia

Takeda wrote:

No man. Just no. This game is supposed to be fun, it's not supposed to be simulating anything at all (in Iraq I don't think getting shot in the face gets fixed so well by shock paddles). That was a really really dumb comment by you and, at least in my opinion, it pretty much invalidated most of what you said in that post. The thing is I agree with you a little bit. But the bottom line is that it's a question of balance not one of realism.

Now onto the actual topic. Basically all vehicles and weapons in BF2 have the potential to 'whored' to some extent. The two main things I would look for before saying that someone is a "[insert thing] whore" are a) does the thing he is using require some skill and more importantly b) can this person's actions be countered.

I'll just use two examples to try and clarify:

1. A "tank whore"
a) To be honest this vehicle isn't all that hard to use.
b) There is a plethora of methods to kill a tank. A short list of some enemies of tanks: Spec Ops, Engineers, Anti-tankers,  APCs, TOW emplacements etc. Tanks are actually quite balanced overall, and unless you have at least some skill or really bad opponents your life expectancy is short.

All in all an easy weapon to use but also quite easy to counter. I wouldn't consider many tankers to be "whores".

2. A "noob tube whore"

a) No skill is required to bunny hop around corners and aim at the ground (Strike at Karkand anyone?). I'm not talking about the insane shots that take out a hummer across 1/4 of the map I'm talking about the assault noobs that plauge all urban maps.
b) This is a very unbalanced weapon. What defense do you have agianst the bunny hopper mentioned above? I tend to play as an engineer so sometimes if I get the first shot off I can win, but for the vast majority of people theres no defense. When I do play as assualt I usually only use my grenade launcher against transport vehicles and choppers, I actually prefer hand grenades.

All in all an incredibly easy weapon to use and almost immpossible to counter. I would consider almost all people that use grenade launchers on urban maps "whores"
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6802|Texas
Even though the reload time is a good 5-6 seconds long on a grenade launcher and usually theres someone right around the corner ready to blow your ass away?  I used to use grenade launchers frequently on city maps and my god did people bitch.  It actually takes a bit of practice to learn how to hit things at distances with it and can be very effective if used right.  I just don't see how you could even justify an assault guy who will probably get about 4-5 kills on average before he dies to a tank whore who spins around karkand doing circles killing 10-15 people before someone finally gets c4 on his ass or he's hit with enough anti-tank missiles, which nobody plays on that map hardly btw.  That first flag has no TOW missiles except on the USMC side and when you have both the tank and apc rolling in, the one tank that MEC gets doesn't really stand much of a chance.  Besides, whoring doesn't come from doing it a couple rounds then hoofing it the next few.  Its when all you play is armor to rack up your points.  Me personally, I much would rather play infantry.  I feel a little more accomplished when I pick some fool sniper off with my g36c or finally nail that tank whore with my c4.  Using tanks, which I do every once in awhile, feels so cheap on karkand.  Anyways, I'm done ranting.
Israfael
+1|6815
Nice post BeforeGod.  I agree with most of what you said.  I don't mean to steer this into a grenade launcher post but there are almost always ways of countering them.  I played assault on karkand last night and tried using mostly the grenade launcher to see how many times the enemy was actually within 20 feet of me when I killed them.  In this round I think 2 actually were and the other 19 or so were pretty far away as most of the battle took place between the hotel and the square.  In that environment, I was easily countered by distance as the m203 gets difficult to pinpoint at 50+ feet.  Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses, the m203 just happens to be a great anti-infantry weapon at close to mid range.  Its slow reload time, very limited ammo and natural arc make it easily counterable by a squad of people or one person at range under an overhang.  If you run straight at a guy using a 203 in a short alleyway, you arent putting yourself in a very good position to kill him.  Much like if you are running around in view of a tank....pretty much anywhere.  I will agree tho that the grenade launchers dont take much skill at all at close range and should have some kind of arming distance.  But anyway off to work.

Last edited by Israfael (2005-10-08 05:12:36)

Takedazor
Well so if this game isn't suposed to simulate war what are we doing shooting each other?

Ok one thing i think would be good was said by Israfael, destroying vehicles with
infantry should give and extra point cause it's always harder to kill one.

I just don't like the way you guys talk about tankers and other vehicle lover people,
a guy as a good K/D with one vehicle and you post here stats and say vehicle whore,
for crist sake they are ppl you never seen them play.

Has anyone in here ever seen me play?

Of course i use vehicles i spawn in one round i look around and get the first free vehicle,
ok i like more the chopper then the plane, tank and so on but if and i don't see a vehicle
or i'm in the mood for some infantry fight i take my assault weapon and go kill some ppl.

But i'm not agaist ppl that use same vehicle 24/7, when the game first came out i only
played with attack choppers i really love them and i knew that if i didn't take the chopper
many times a bad pilot would and that could be the diference betwen winning or losing that
round, yes i like winning but i don't moan when i loose i'm not saying you guys do but i
just try to improve.

Yesterday i was in a ranked server with a friend, i was anti-tank and he was special forces
enemy only had 2flags in "she fu pass" and me and him where defending a flag, without
exagerating half the oposite team where coming at us, i'm talking about hellis, tank, apc,
anti-air armor and planes and we for at least for 5min holded the flag died some times but
killed much more with only a supply crate as support.
As result i ended round with like 100 points.

I think things are very balanced and yes bf2 is supposed to simulate 100% war is supposed
to be fun too a little arcade but if you made tanks as weak as infantry like 1rocket 1tank
blowned i think it wouldn't work.

When i read ppl saying how many strikes he needs with a m203 to kill a tank i can see where
the problem is with no offense.

I'm gonna be real honest here i think that most guys that complain not all about vehicles have
some of this things in commom.

They don't know how to decently fly choppers and planes, they don't play in close teamwork
with squads and most of cases they are medium-bellow average players.

I'm not saying i'm a great player if someone tells that it's not my words.

You just got to love tanks in bf2, first tank game i played was Wargasm it ad also other vehicles
like bf2 it was much fun and since that i haven't seen a game where it is so much fun driving tanks,
same as choopers and almost planes, driving vehicles in bf2 is the must have of the game and
i understand when some players don't want to break appart froom them and i consider them my
best friend and worst enemy because of the expert habilities they adquire.

Look if you guys think it's so easy to kill with tanks and hellis just try it when you have another
good tanker and helli in the opposition it takes skill to fire a tank shell 150mt away to another
tank, it takes skill to take out another chopper 400mt away with rocket guided tv i am not the
gunner on chopper but i have much respect for my clanmate gunner.

I spend most time in servers being called a whore, noob, hacker and even yesterday some guy
said my clan [PTCT] had a really good script and you now what i do, this ---> .

PEACE

elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6802|Texas
It is extremely easy to kill with a tank in karkand, also extremely easy to get heli kills in sharqi...Don't believe me? Try it.
odessaman
+0|6799
I don't think people are necessarilry complaining about the use of certain vehicles but the way they go about getting them. They TEAMKILL, they do whatever it takes to acquire them. I've seen people waiting for a Tank or say a Chopper and a Squad will come up and Teamkill them or even shot up the vehicle. Thats what people are tired of. If these Tank Whores get the Tanks fairly then fine but to do it unfairly then they are all #*#)(*(#!! ITs that simple.

odessaman
/~GoD~/Tonberry.King
+0|6802
I consider whoreing temakilling for vehicles (im sure its happened to a few of us, and a few of us have done it). I also consider it whoring where people camp spawns and just unload on whoever spawns and whatever moves.(Such as the American's favorite little alley in Karkand)
Jims50cal
+1|6814
I think 'some' people are missing the point of my post, point is.. people complain too much about ONE person using a tank or apc to obtain a normal goal in the game... IE.. Armor Combat Medal yes.. i may have 4000 armor kills, ... untill i have 10,000 and my medal.. im gonna use them.. to get the medal.. everyone tries to work towards a certain medal. people should relize that.. if they don't like it don't play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard