VicktorVauhn
+319|6420|Southern California
Seriously guys... Look where your going and remember that people put claymores down.
When I played I almost NEVER ran into claymores, I don't know how you all manage to do it so much. Sure they happen eventually, but usually I would see them right before and it was my own fault for not stopping in time.

Claymores are awesome for protecting flags. If you are having that big of a problem with them you need to use your head and stop running around spraying guns everywhere.
ozric
+4|5984|Sweden

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Seriously guys... Look where your going and remember that people put claymores down.
When I played I almost NEVER ran into claymores, I don't know how you all manage to do it so much. Sure they happen eventually, but usually I would see them right before and it was my own fault for not stopping in time.

Claymores are awesome for protecting flags. If you are having that big of a problem with them you need to use your head and stop running around spraying guns everywhere.
I agree, it really takes skill to spam clays..
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6227|Daqing Oilfields?

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yeah dude, right. Because people never throw them at their feet in cqc and the certainly never block off the one way to a flag. Sure, there are some obvious places that clays are put down, but there are some that are just annoying. The point of clays in the first place is to protect a snipers hideout, but 99% of snipers I see put them everywhere but where they're sniping from. FatherTed's idea would work perfectly, otherwise they are just a pain.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6160|Scotland!

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Claymores aren't an issue of how smart and skilled the person dodging them is

claymores are the reason public infantry is unplayable.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6310

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Thus your squad should consist of at least 3 medic whores. Problem solved.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6409|the land of bourbon

Miniman7474 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yeah dude, right. Because people never throw them at their feet in cqc and the certainly never block off the one way to a flag. Sure, there are some obvious places that clays are put down, but there are some that are just annoying. The point of clays in the first place is to protect a snipers hideout, but 99% of snipers I see put them everywhere but where they're sniping from. FatherTed's idea would work perfectly, otherwise they are just a pain.
yeah the spammers in cqc get annoying, but there is that one second delay before they arm... if im lucky enough to catch them dropping it, i just charge them right over the clay
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Miniman7474
Banned.

BL4CKL10N wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Thus your squad should consist of at least 3 medic whores. Problem solved.
Because getting random pubbers to spawn inf and stay with the SL is a walk in the park.

@Steelie: I normally try to do so, and most the time I kill them and just go around the clay, but at times if I'm a half second slow or in the case of what happened to me last night, the claywhore is a 200 pinger from Brazil, it's a lil bit tougher. Normally I get the sniper but I sometimes end up dying, never to get a res.

Pub inf isn't that bad...the biggest problem is getting banned and then having to appeal only to find the admins "just don't want you in our server ok?".
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6586|Hungary
Snipe = fun

I love myself when i cover my team. I remember when a noob is running after the apc with c4 in his hands and BANG!
I hate myself when i spam gaymores just to get frags coz i sucked in the first few mins. Now i was honest.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5717|Notts, UK

I'm Jamesey wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

stop QQing and l2avoidclays

people like you are the reason why pub inf is awsm
aLi3nZ
+138|6535|New Zealand
A long time ago when I was a noob I thought the same thing. oh how wrong I was.

Perhaps the snipers that camp constantly could be considered noob but snipers that push forwarded with the team and rack up the kills are far from it.

I've won countless rounds using SVD/M24/L96 and I'm sure a lot of others have as well.

Last edited by aLi3nZ (2009-02-06 15:46:12)

tomfoster
+12|6158
Yup- Sniping is awesome and I can often get gold unless there is a really good medic who may snatch it off of me!
I try to play on servers where clays aren't bad but I agree it is sometimes ridiculous. I've seen 6 on one gap in a fence before....
Miniman7474
Banned.

aLi3nZ wrote:

A long time ago when I was a noob I thought the same thing. oh how wrong I was.

Perhaps the snipers that camp constantly could be considered noob but snipers that push forwarded with the team and rack up the kills are far from it.

I've won countless rounds using SVD/M24/L96 and I'm sure a lot of others have as well.
One time I spawned sniper in a scrim. I capped 2 guys out of a fast mover at once with an SVD. It was fun.

Gay stories aside, snipers can be useful but I wouldn't be caught dead trying to cqc snipe against a squad of 6 armed with AK101s. Sniping can be great in a variety of ways-no one tactic is noobish (other than claywhoring of course ), it's how skilled the person doing it is. Sitting back sniping isn't a bad thing for the team-sometimes I SL with an SVD sitting back clearing flags out for my squad of medics to move in on. It works as long as it's combined with medics and there's only one guy per squad doing it. It's when entire teams start to long range snipe that makes teams fail.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6409|the land of bourbon

Miniman7474 wrote:

Sitting back sniping isn't a bad thing for the team-sometimes I SL with an SVD sitting back clearing flags out for my squad of medics to move in on. It works as long as it's combined with medics and there's only one guy per squad doing it. It's when entire teams start to long range snipe that makes teams fail.
i've always said a squad leader who hangs back as sniper under cover is a great squad leader.  covering your guys while they clear a flag and being a mobile spawn point is the best use of the kit.   i swear i made a post about that a long time ago, ill have to find it...  anyways, its the best use of the kit, unless your noobie squad mates spawn as sniper too, and try to hide next to your cover /fail

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-02-06 20:34:26)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
VicktorVauhn
+319|6420|Southern California

ozric wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Never said it takes skill... I said its good defense of a flag... I am trying to keep you from taking a flag, you are trying to get to it.

How much skill does it take to just watch were your going instead of running around corners with out paying attention?

I never spammed clays around, you only get two and shouldn't be dieing THAT often, most the time I wouldn't lay them because I would know that I would end up really needing them later.

I didn't lay them for the skill of it (though good placement does take SOME thought)
I didn't lay them for K/D ratio...
I layed them to keep you from getting to the flag. It works well because so many player act like they have ADHD on the battlefield.
Miniman7474
Banned.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ozric wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Never said it takes skill... I said its good defense of a flag... I am trying to keep you from taking a flag, you are trying to get to it.

How much skill does it take to just watch were your going instead of running around corners with out paying attention?

I never spammed clays around, you only get two and shouldn't be dieing THAT often, most the time I wouldn't lay them because I would know that I would end up really needing them later.

I didn't lay them for the skill of it (though good placement does take SOME thought)
I layed them to keep you from getting to the flag. It works well because so many player act like they have ADHD on the battlefield.
The point is I shouldn't have to take wide corners every time because the entire enemy team spawned as snipers and clay'd every entrance leading to their flags. There's nothing I can do in 1.41 to get to a flag that has a clay on it without dying. Nothing.

You can put it any way you want but at the end of the day, most respectable BF2 players will tell you they should be removed from BF2. They are heavily abused and it's never just one guy on the other team-it's 5-10 each with 2 clays meaning on maps like Kark I'm trying to make my way to Hotel/Square/Subs/Train watching out for 10-20 clays in a confined area. I watch where I'm going, if I didn't I wouldn't have a 4kdr would I? The fact is clays can be placed behind corners in a way that you don't see it till you're around the corner and they detonate.

If you can't tell already, I hate clays.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5959|Somewhere out in Space

Miniman7474 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ozric wrote:

The point is I shouldn't have to take wide corners every time because the entire enemy team spawned as snipers and clay'd every entrance leading to their flags. There's nothing I can do in 1.41 to get to a flag that has a clay on it without dying. Nothing.

You can put it any way you want but at the end of the day, most respectable BF2 players will tell you they should be removed from BF2. They are heavily abused and it's never just one guy on the other team-it's 5-10 each with 2 clays meaning on maps like Kark I'm trying to make my way to Hotel/Square/Subs/Train watching out for 10-20 clays in a confined area. I watch where I'm going, if I didn't I wouldn't have a 4kdr would I? The fact is clays can be placed behind corners in a way that you don't see it till you're around the corner and they detonate.

Yeah, and i could probably get a 8 KD with a new account too
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5622|Dublin, Ireland
www.bf2s.com / Forums / Media / Newest Thread

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=121044

^Not all snipers are as bad as you take them to be.
Silent-BuIIeT
extremly hairy wookie
+17|5720|Behind your chair... :)
Anybody who think that a Sniper is useless.... just join my or any other Wookie squad
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6709|Disaster Free Zone

Miniman7474 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

ozric wrote:

You know the solution, turn friendly fire on, and Friendly or foe off. Now these 5-10 people on the opposite team who place mines everywhere will rack up a nice bunch of team kills and be kicked real fast. Claymores are just not an issue on Australian servers for that exact reason. People can't just spam them everywhere.

It is amusing getting Americans joining the servers dropping some AT mines then getting in a vehicle and driving straight over the mines they just laid and then them going all "wtf my own mine just killed me".

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-02-07 10:05:34)

Miniman7474
Banned.

DrunkFace wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

You know the solution, turn friendly fire on, and Friendly or foe off. Now these 5-10 people on the opposite team who place mines everywhere will rack up a nice bunch of team kills and be kicked real fast. Claymores are just not an issue on Australian servers for that exact reason. People can't just spam them everywhere.
Yeah, the problem is the admins normally are huge clay whores themselves. About half the kark servers I go to have Mine FF On Zero Damage so if a friendly walks over it, it'll detonate but inflict no damage. This helps, but not by much. Personally I detonate every friendly clay in sight on my way to the flags
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6314|eng

Silent-BuIIeT wrote:

Anybody who think that a Sniper is useless.... just join my or any other Wookie squad
Snipers do nothing that a medic can't already do.
#rekt
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5589|FLORIDA
I think a good sniper can be a good part of the team, your just playing with noob snipers. Hit me up if you want a good team work sniper I can cap flags and defend them. I'm a deadly sniper for sure, I can even run with the squad and make good close sniper shots too.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6524|UK , Birmingham

DankKUSH wrote:

I think a good sniper can be a good part of the team, your just playing with noob snipers. Hit me up if you want a good team work sniper I can cap flags and defend them. I'm a deadly sniper for sure, I can even run with the squad and make good close sniper shots too.
ye sure mate, you sound like a deadly sniper. Id be proud to play abit of public with. Wanna hit up some 24/7 Dragon and we can 2 man it on the hillside
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5589|FLORIDA
for sure man, I just added your xfire. anyone else want to play Just add my xfire.. Later!
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6524|UK , Birmingham
https://i42.tinypic.com/2a619c0.jpg

LAD, YOUR NOT MENT TO FALL FOR THE BAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!11

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard