Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6270|Outside your Back window

P_Diaz wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Two words: Project reality! I recently downloaded it and its everything Bf2 vanilla is not. EVERYONE works in squads and as a whole team!
My friend plays this Mod, I've heard its kinda strange. I mean, It doesn't bother me that people have fun playing, it just like "what the heck are they doing?" Just sitting around, not capturing flags or USING the weapons we have such as helis and tanks. I understand that it's pub and pub = whatever. But what is the point of playing a game when you're not interested in getting the assets to win?

Oh and by the way, Ace, I downloaded Project Reality but have not yet installed it. I'm still waiting for some more information about it and some feedback from friends. From what you said, it seems you would recommend it.
Not strictly true, however, you WILL find some squads such as clan squads that do tend to run 2 miles through forest just to get behind an enemy, you WILL find some squads that will build up defences (this is quite cool actually) you can build up razor wire, bunkers, gun enplacements and more, then they will just defend a random point for the whole fucking round. For example i joined a server yesterday and found a clan squad had built up defences at an uncapped flag (you have to cap flags in an order, that way the fighting is pretty much constant) so I thought wow these guys are clever they are waiting for the first flag to be capped so that instantly they will cap the next one.
THEN all of a sudden the air raid siren goes (round over).... So basically these faggots had been sitting here all fucking round doing fuck all whilst the rest of the team were getting slaughtered trying to cap the first flag!

This I have seen about 3 times which is not bad, especially if you compare it to the number of times on normal BF2 that you find random dickheads doing stupid shit (usually half the team)

Now for the plus side. You mentioned about vehicles not being used, not true. If there are helis you can bet they will  be used, the people who use the helis are not n00bs, they are players who dedicate the whole round to transporting squads to various locations around the map, you may have 'ambulance helis' (pilots with medic co-pilots) its works so well. As for transports they are used at the start of the map as well as when a squads rally point gets destroyed. You will soon see that jeeps and trucks become useless once you have a rally point set down behind the enemy. Again, like the helis you will find a a bunch of players who dedicate themselves to driving logistics trucks, APC's (for attacking and troop transport) and tank drivers which are used for wasting everything.  Basically unlike vanilla bf2, everyone works together.

Get a Mic, there will be times when you have to walk 300m or more, however the banter in a squad makes it more than enjoyable and add in the fact that you could get ambushed/run into the enemy at any time makes it more interesting. Give it a shot
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5590|Dublin, Ireland
With the amount of BF2s members it would be easy to fill their (BF2s) server, they simply don't listen to what we actually want.

The teamplay and the average players skill would be quite awesome
JoshP
Banned
+176|5685|Notts, UK

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Josh. Please just disconnect from the internet. The only retarded stupid is you tbh.
grammar fail
masterbakery
+4|5995|London
Go join a community group like Global Conflict or play PR.

Or get a clan, and play as a squad.  Just one good clan of 5 people can rip apart a 32man Kark server.
cospengle
+140|6483|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I recommend playing on Karkand only servers. There's usually more teamwork in those I find. When I play, the whole team works as a well oiled machine, keeping the enemy out by creating an impenetrable wall of hand grenades. If it was just every man for himslef, it would be a hodge podge and something would get through, but kudos to BF2 players on Karkand servers, they really know how to work as a team.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

cospengle wrote:

I recommend playing on Karkand only servers. There's usually more teamwork in those I find. When I play, the whole team works as a well oiled machine, keeping the enemy out by creating an impenetrable wall of hand grenades. If it was just every man for himslef, it would be a hodge podge and something would get through, but kudos to BF2 players on Karkand servers, they really know how to work as a team.
Holy shit, rounds like that kill this game. Who the fuck wants to spam grenades all round.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?
Like I said before, clans aren't the solution. You're stilling playing with idiots, only at that point you're now in Vent with those idiots listening to how retarded they truly are. Seriously, hop in *TA* vent or something some time. Gayest shit I've ever heard in my life, more 12 year olds crying don't shoot me than anyone can imagine.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5590|Dublin, Ireland

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

cospengle wrote:

Holy shit, rounds like that kill this game. Who the fuck wants to spam grenades all round.
Your sarcasm detector failed.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5685|Notts, UK

karma, presumably from taht PT Keiios guy wrote:

An dem Tag, wo du Deutsch sprichst, werde ich deinen Hinweis beachten. Bis dahin kannst du dich ficken du Wichser
O hai ich kann deutsch, du bist nicht sehr nett

Translation for mods lulz: "On the day that you can speak german, then i'll pay attention. Until then, you can go fuck yourself, wanker"

And seeing as parker loves to ban for personal attacks.... imma PM him this

lolol

Last edited by JoshP (2009-02-07 12:20:45)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6489|N. Ireland
Go look in 2005
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

cospengle wrote:

Your sarcasm detector failed.
You fail
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Two words: Project reality! I recently downloaded it and its everything Bf2 vanilla is not. EVERYONE works in squads and as a whole team!
One word: Boring!

I only ever play BF2 with people from eluSive, so I don't find teamwork and issue. But the rare times when I do play on my own, the lack of any sort of IQ/Teamwork annoys me so.
#rekt
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

Mint Sauce wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

One word: Boring!

I only ever play BF2 with people from eluSive, so I don't find teamwork and issue. But the rare times when I do play on my own, the lack of any sort of IQ/Teamwork annoys me so.
Na its not boring at all, its tense.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51
Did it ever exist in public BF2?
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5932
@ First post

The teamwork went to Project Reality, I suggest you visit it unless you like being assraped by grenades on karkand.
Longbow
+163|6643|Odessa, Ukraine

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@ First post

The teamwork went to Project Reality, I suggest you visit it unless you like being assraped by grenades on karkand.
If you are assraped by grenades, you are playing on a wrong server. Try 24-32 slot servers - no spam at all.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng
rofl Reading Josh's posts make me laugh.

Not because he's funny, mind.
#rekt
JoshP
Banned
+176|5685|Notts, UK

Mint Sauce wrote:

l2internet
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6282|eng

JoshP wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

l2internet

So to "Internet" as you so intelligently put it, I have to type like an 8 year old with ADHD?
#rekt
robcr9
+111|5977
Orly?

wut aboot a 10 yeer old wiv ADEEHDEE?

lol
JoshP
Banned
+176|5685|Notts, UK

Mint Sauce wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

l2internet

So to "Internet" as you so intelligently put it, I have to type like an 8 year old with ADHD?
facepalm.jpg

and rob you actually do have ADHD lulz
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5932

Longbow wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@ First post

If you are assraped by grenades, you are playing on a wrong server. Try 24-32 slot servers - no spam at all.
Yeah I know but it's still gay.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@ First post

Yeah I know but it's still gay.
If your not getting nades your getting a constant stream of medics and snipers! Ak 101 and G36e ftw....
masterbakery
+4|5995|London
Play on Waib servers or maybe other unranked ones if you want to see teamwork, that's where people who care about their skill, not their little rank picture, play.

Don't come on if you're an idiot, mind.  You'll ruin it.

And as anyone in a decent clan knows, playing in one does help, because 6 skilled people going round as medic can easily defeat twice their number of pubnoob idiots.

Last edited by masterbakery (2009-02-08 06:35:48)

Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

masterbakery wrote:

Play on Waib servers or maybe other unranked ones if you want to see teamwork, that's where people who care about their skill, not their little rank picture, play.

Don't come on if you're an idiot, mind.  You'll ruin it.

And as anyone in a decent clan knows, playing in one does help, because 6 skilled people going round as medic can easily defeat twice their number of pubnoob idiots.
See thats what makes PR better. In BF2 any other kit apart from medic is pretty much useless.

Assault has shitty smoke grenades...great. The Squad won't appreciate you being that as you can't revive.

Support - has a gun that will more than likely loose against ak47, G363e, and you cant heal yourself. Wait you can give out ammo?! Unlikely the squad will last long enough to run out...unless your a medic

Spec ops - Great if you want to try and blow up two commander assets all round (who the hell wants to do that) other wise you may as well be a medic for the squad

Engineer - good if you want to be in a vehicle, ill give it that. get out the vehicle and you may as well shoot yourself to save the running then the death

Anti Tank - Its good if your entire squad has just been wasted by a tank, as soon as that piece of armour is down you may as well give up your kit as its piss poor against anything else.

Medic - You can revive your squad (they love that) You have arguably the best guns in the game. And you can heal yourself in a matter of seconds.

Sniper - You can shoot from far away and you have claymores, yea i guess thats good as well.

In project reality every kit has a good weapon. Doesn't matter what kit you have (apart from sniper) you are more than likely to have a side arm of  a carbine or a assault weapon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard