Poll

Do you think EA/DICE will ever remake BF2?

Yes29%29% - 34
No70%70% - 81
Total: 115
Roc18
`
+655|5781|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
With the announcement of BF1943 and BF BC 2, I dont think we will ever see another game like BF2 come out of DICE. I think they really should remake BF2 with new maps, vehicles and weapons and better graphics.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6143|what

It would be good, I'd rather see a remake of Bf:V first though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6189|Daqing Oilfields?
Hopefully not-think about it, the amount of fail with each new patch. BF3 would be some evil devil child cursed with massive lag, vehicle whoring through the roof, unlimited clays, built in hacks, massive deviation in guns, hit reg that's worse than trying to knife a 300 pinger, and 128 player maps that have more lag than trying to play Crysis on a Windows 2000 computer.

I'll settle with BC2 for now eh
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6502|Gold Coast

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Id rather a CoD vietnam game.  I mean look, call of duty can really be conscription and stuff rite? Plus they havent done it yet, and with the possibilities of better graphics make it even more awesome to think about.

With the Bf2, Id say that there is potential, but I dont think it'd really hit off like the original BF2.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6756|Cambridge (UK)
I seriously can't see BF3 (i.e. a completely new game that is a continuation of the Battlefield series) not happening.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6372|the land of bourbon
eventually some new game will come around that will leave behind bf2.  CS had it's days, and bf2 is near the end... someone will step up to the plate and make a smooth game that builds well on today's technology.  i think the key is to focus on the aspects of bf2 that made it such a lasting success.  obviously the persistent stat tracking was a big part as much the easy learning curve for newcomers.  its a solid game, but won't last forever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6184|Schofield Barracks

TheAussieReaper wrote:

the first one is still amazing.
cospengle
+140|6477|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Nope, not remake.

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I seriously can't see BF3 (i.e. a completely new game that is a continuation of the Battlefield series) not happening.
Exactly. There's way too much money to be made. The Battlefield franchise is worth a pretty penny, but to cash in properly they'll have to put something 'new' onto the market. A re-make would sell a few thousand copies. A new game would sell 100,000s at least.
Volatile
+252|6695|Sextupling in Empire

They will go the easy route and make a cheap console game with just the most basic gameplay. Watching their gameplay footage of 1943 shows definitively that they don't want to spend the effort what they did with BF2 patching and fixing the numerous features they had in that game.

It's really hard to come up with exploits/bugs when you eliminate the possibility for diverse gameplay.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
They are. It's called Patch 1.5.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6139|'straya
i think games like 1943 and bad company etc appeal more to people new to the bf series. however EA/DICE probably realise that their large base of old school fans want a BF3... and not delivering it would be a massive mistake. imo
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6313|Orrstrayleea
Why would they?
Longbow
+163|6637|Odessa, Ukraine

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

i think games like 1943 and bad company etc appeal more to people new to the bf series. however EA/DICE probably realise that their large base of old school fans want a BF3... and not delivering it would be a massive mistake. imo
You still do not realise that EA and other companies don't give a fuck about old school fans? Nowadays It's all about 13 year old that ask their daddy to buy them 'cool looking game' where he can pew-pew...
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5585|Dublin, Ireland
A remake would be perfect, I think we can all agree that's what we want: A fixed BF2, with new maps, no stats system, perfect reg and overall smoother gameplay, with a little updated graphics, not to the point of crysis, similar to CoD4-ish...

Battlefield 2 will always remain the number 1 game, regardless of how much we all claim to hate it.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6139|'straya

Longbow wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

You still do not realise that EA and other companies don't give a fuck about old school fans? Nowadays It's all about 13 year old that ask their daddy to buy them 'cool looking game' where he can pew-pew...
So your saying the thousands of dedicated bf2 players would buy bf3?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6681|Devon, England

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

A remake would be perfect, I think we can all agree that's what we want: A fixed BF2, with new maps, no stats system, perfect reg and overall smoother gameplay, with a little updated graphics, not to the point of crysis, similar to CoD4-ish...

Battlefield 2 will always remain the number 1 game, regardless of how much we all claim to hate it.
No stats system?

BF2 would never have gotten so far without it. People love their stats.

That's the worse idea I've ever heard.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6643|pimelteror.de
If you all were my customers, i would search for new, too.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5671

kylef wrote:

They are. It's called Patch 1.5.
o rly
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6264|Outside your Back window

FFLink13 wrote:

No stats system?

For sure, without stats bf2 becomes just like any other MP FPS.
Anewgirl
+12|6143|Vermont U.S.A
I wish somebody would make something !!!! Hopefully without more cartoon crap.
I voted no srry I have no hope for Dice/EA anymore ' wait I don't think I ever did .
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6722|Germany, near Koblenz
No, I don't expect a remake but BF 3, which will be modern warfare too but with a different scenario, a new engine, improved stats and the like. It may take a while, perhaps even longer due to the actual global situation, but as long DICE and EA continue to exist, we will see it.
Roc18
`
+655|5781|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

DerGraueWolf wrote:

No, I don't expect a remake but BF 3, which will be modern warfare too but with a different scenario, a new engine, improved stats and the like. It may take a while, perhaps even longer due to the actual global situation, but as long DICE and EA continue to exist, we will see it.
That's what I meant by remake, another Modern Battlefield game with more stuff. And not shit like 2142, something where infantry was just as intense as in BF2

Last edited by Roc18 (2009-02-07 14:39:28)

SquadBuster
+9|5749|uk
aye, course they will

with monkey lips for transport, and a giant pea for a hat!

spotted!!! i hear u cry

This guy has badminton rackets for limbs
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng

SquadBuster wrote:

aye, course they will

spotted!!! i hear u cry

THE FUCK
#rekt
JoshP
Banned
+176|5679|Notts, UK

FFLink13 wrote:

No stats system?

tru dat, stats = life tbh

Mint Sauce wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

aye, course they will

spotted!!! i hear u cry

THE FUCK

Last edited by JoshP (2009-02-08 03:00:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard