Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
http://www.google.com/mobile/default/latitude.html

It's basically software that goes on your phone to let you know where your friends are, pretty cool!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Too bad it doesn't work with my phone.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Software that goes on your phone? It's just a web page. And it's not even made yet, lol. Google have been a bitch since their own phone release.
mikkel
+383|6571

kylef wrote:

Software that goes on your phone? It's just a web page. And it's not even made yet, lol. Google have been a bitch since their own phone release.
Could you translate this to English for the rest of us?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

So basically if I go to pub all my friends, neighbours etc. can know were I am? No thanks....
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Coming soon!
- Many Sony Ericsson devices
yay
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

So basically when I go visit those hookers that I love so much, all my friends, neighbours etc. can know were I am? No thanks....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

mikkel wrote:

kylef wrote:

Could you translate this to English for the rest of us?
I'm quoting the "software that goes on your phone?" text. And I am saying that it isn't software - it's just a web page you load from the phone. And when you visit the page, it says "coming soon".
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

So basically if I go to pub all my friends, neighbours etc. can know were I am? No thanks....
They have to accept an invite to ask you where you are.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks

ghettoperson wrote:

cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Kurazoo wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

They have to accept an invite to ask you where you are.
Yeah, so when your GF, parents, boss (who pays for the phone) doesn't get an invite.....
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

So basically if I go to pub all my friends, neighbours etc. the missus can know were I am? No thanks....
Everyone else is at the pub, and will greet you with a We'hay! as you walk through the door.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

Or good thing.. depending on how you look at it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6557|sWEEDen
Hmm....some hacking and you can see if people are at home when you want to rob them? Sweet...
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Hmm....some hacking and you can see if people are at home when you want to rob them? Sweet...
Are you saying it's like a high tech versions of knocking on peoples' doors wearing a cheap suit and bad haircut, with a small bible in hand?
Brasso
+1,549|6600

not paying for web browsing on the phone, thanks
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
Yeah...if my employeer only knew where I was when he call me...crap
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Sort on topic related. I just found this (old) hack on my kindle.
http://interface.puhala.com/2007/12/28/ … -have-gps/
I tested it and although it wasn't pinpoint, it was within a half mile.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA

Kurazoo wrote:

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/latitude.html

It's basically software that goes on your phone to let you know where your friends are, pretty cool!
Great...my employer is going to know I'm not at the warehouse when at the titty-bar.
Benzin
+576|5969
Well first off, the software has to be installed on YOUR phone first. Your phone also needs a GPS module.

Besides, you should be working rather than getting a lap dance.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker

CapnNismo wrote:

Well first off, the software has to be installed on YOUR phone first. Your phone also needs a GPS module.

Besides, you should be working rather than getting a lap dance.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I am toying with Google Latitude on my phone. The GPS location is not very accurate; it has my location off by several miles.
If anyone else wants to try the friend thing, send me a request

Last edited by loubot (2011-08-19 08:07:45)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
I dont even remember making this thread. Thanks for posting.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

loubot wrote:

I am toying with Google Latitude on my phone. The GPS location is not very accurate; it has my location off by several miles.
If anyone else wants to try the friend thing, send me a request
Try Glympse.. you can send your location to anyone (even if they are not on it). And you can set it to show your location for a certain amount of time. It's very accurate. If you are traveling in a vehicle it will even give your speed to the viewer.. and it's spot on. Useful if you are running late and want to let people know your progress.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Years later....

Inb4 pedobear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard