07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
after reading all this, i feel lucky to be just having a ingame browser that works about 10% of the time as it should... who manages to make a game that has a laggy ingame browser!!!!

we must be almost getting close to finishing beta testing this game.. common EA realese the full version!
[OvC]_AMD_Man
+2|6808|England

kilroy0097 wrote:

After reading a few other forums on specifically the 1.03 issues and other things I have discovered that the number one fix for all issues is this.

Have all patches on hand. (Not sure if 1.03 includes all previous patches. Have no idea)
Uninstall Battlefield 2.
Reinstall Battlefield 2.
Do all patches in sequence (unless 1.03 includes all previous patches. Not sure)

After all this it seems to fix a lot of the problems and issues many were experiencing.
This takes me back to a previous thread I posted wondering if it was really that simple.

I guess it is. For at least some cases.
That's what worked for me, i advise everyone with any issues with the new patch tries this first
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6778|Perth, Western Australia
What is generally wrong with the ingame browser? Ive never come across any such issues.
Warpy
+0|6809
When zooming out from the map display in the top right corner, when you die it defaults back to the first initial “zoom” mode you intended to change, so basically the settings don’t stick.

The server menu doesn’t update with the correct filters

Can't spawn on Squad Leader

Desktop crashes when pressing escape during game on most maps.

Server listings are not even aligned correctly preventing some of the screen tabs from even showing the text.  It's still beyond me as to why the Game Mode tab is larger than most other tabs when it isn't even used, along with the massive "Players" tab.  Al this is does is prevent you from seeing the map name and server Ip.  Whatever happened to the Server IP from being displayed, or do we have to wait till we are in game to determine that?

Last edited by Warpy (2005-10-09 06:03:36)

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6830|A Small Isle in the Tropics

before it was the red glitch..now it is the blue glitch.. played a short round of 32player on a size16 sharqi penin map, and the enemy was blue!
MotherGoose
+0|6800
Some (like 2% of other characters) I see run around with no gun, just arms 45 degrees straight out, looking like zombies.

I have seen other models fire guns (with no gun graphics in their hand).

And that CD Key problem with 2 Windows Account - only 1 account work, the other doesn't as the Key is encrypted to one account.  I think buying another game for the same PC is ridiculous - EA/DICE should fix this as priority.
addictivechaos
+0|6767|Brisbane, Australia
Things that are bad:
1. In online game, then crashes to desktop (did not happen to me prior to 1.03)
2. As gunner, bailed from crashing transport heli and somehow teamkilled pilot and other gunner
3. AA missiles are useless
4. Pronejumping
5. Server list
6. Gunner in any vehicle not assisting in flag captures
addictivechaos
Also bad:
Teamkill for AT mine, claymore
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6779|Bulgaria

addictivechaos wrote:

Things that are bad:
6. Gunner in any vehicle not assisting in flag captures
this is not a bug, they changed this because of the black hawk...
addictivechaos
I said gunner. I'm fine with the passengers having to get out, but the gunner is performing a role in the heli
BrightAsh
+1|6809

addictivechaos wrote:

I said gunner. I'm fine with the passengers having to get out, but the gunner is performing a role in the heli
still... that is not a bug but purposely implemented in the game by DICE/EA
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6778|Perth, Western Australia
Actually now that u mention some of these bugs I was in fact playing on Kubra Dam 64, on INternode WA #1, and I was hiding behing the crates of the refuelling station outpost, and there was this guy in a US uniform, which was my side, and then he turned and started shooting at me, and instinctively (actually i was pretty lucky seeing as he shot first) got him, and it said you have killed x, even tho he appeared to be on my team
yuck7777
+12|6767|USA
I was wondering if anyone was having a problem with there stats in the bfhq. I've been playing all weekend and haven't recieved any points, ribons or badges that I have earned playing since friday. I keep getting them over and over. I tried reloading the patch didn't work. I even uninstalled the game reinstalled it redownloaded the patch and still no stats will post. I even checked on this web site to see if it was showing up on here but still nothing. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6768|EUR
I wouldnt really call this a patch bug but - When the enemy is hiding in one of those small houses near a flag, I can sometimes see his legs sticking out of the wall. Pop. Grenade through the window. Points for me.
I feel like I had cheated, still not really my fault.
VidSicious
+25|6767
My bugs are:
1) Sound bugs.  1.03 has screwed up my sounds.  I will sometimes get mystery gun autofiring in my ear for a couple of minutes.  Also will get skips and echos at points.
2) My stat bar is empty even though I am half way to the next revised rank level
3) cant spawn on squad leader half the time
4) die and mini map goes to a wierd part of the map that does me no good
5) Sometimes I cannot see any squad members on my map at all.
6) have to click weapon and spawn spot 2 or 3 times each to respawn even when spawn spot is not underfire.

Vid Sicious
SokViChet
+1|6781

MuseSeeker wrote:

I wouldnt really call this a patch bug but - When the enemy is hiding in one of those small houses near a flag, I can sometimes see his legs sticking out of the wall. Pop. Grenade through the window. Points for me.
I feel like I had cheated, still not really my fault.
You didnt even have to send the grenade through the window... You can kill someone by attacking the legs that are sticking through!  Go ahead and knife them next time... And enjoy it, they would do the same to you with no regrets. 

This is not a new thing.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!
Every like third game I play it optimizes my shaders or whatever.  They've got to be hella optimized by now.  I would venture to say they are Optimus Prime Shades.
https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8085/757/1600/Optimus-prime%20CNN.jpg

(Sorry.  I know it was a lame joke, but I've been up all night waiting for my Client Data to be verified...)

Edit:  Oh man, I just realized this thread ran over multiple pages...  Sorry if it has been covered already...

Last edited by Krauser98 (2005-10-11 00:35:54)

WCASD
+0|6766

tF-afrojap wrote:

I just payed a game with Chuy (squad leader) and was unable to spawn on him twice in a row.

Then, it got better.. I WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE THE SQUAD. Oh joy. Keep an eye out for this and report here if you experience the same. It scares me to think of the other "features" they have added with this patch.
Oh god, I know when you get the bug!
When you switch to the other team and directly after that get switched back while joining a squad. The Squad doesn't even really recognize you as a squad leader, thereby it was possible for squads to have up to 8/6 people!
It's crazy, I can't leave the squad nor spawn next to the squad leader.
addictivechaos
Operation Clean Sweep Map playing as MEC, was in Hanger waiting for bomber to respawn.
Plane respawned in front of me facing away ( I was near its exhausts).
I attempted to run up to the front along the left hand side of the plane to get near the cockpit. I nudged the plane as I was running to the front of it and the next thing I konw I'm dead with the message: "addictivechaos is no more".
WTF?
addictivechaos
Red text for teammates not fixed.
Also Blue text for enemies.

C'mon EA/DiCE 3 patches and still no fix!
DRGN_Darkness
+0|6765

Duggles wrote:

Myself, I have had the game for a good while (and have played it on multi aswell) and when I installed the patch, the "CD-Key is not valid" error message comes up when I try to log onto a server...

P.S. My CD-Key DID work before I installed the patch

£$%^&*( PATCH!!!!!
OK. Its just a windows registry. Log on as the admin that patched it, go to HKEY_Current_User, export the reg hash as BFCU.reg and stick it somewhere the other users can access.
Log off, log on as the user having problems. Double click on the .reg file and allow it to import successfully.
End of problem.

Here's my gripe: My Roomies and I like to start up a singleplayer and then Join Local to have a good old Co-Op bot slaying session. Up to 1.02 this all worked great as long as one of us was logged in to an online account.
Now we crash to desktop just as the join game icon is displayed.
Anyone found a workaround for this one?

Ian
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
One time, I got auto'd to the other team, but I switched back.  When I spawned, I could see the enemy on the minimap as blue dots and teammates as red dots.  I think I also knew where the placement of enemy artillery was going to be.  For testing, I killed 2 enemy sodiers, but it showed up as 2 teamkills.  I got scared that I was gonna get punkbusted for some unintentional glitch and reconnected, then it was back to normal.
BudRell
+2|6830|Home

MotherGoose wrote:

Some (like 2% of other characters) I see run around with no gun, just arms 45 degrees straight out, looking like zombies.
If you ment that you see other players running like that, then you have possibly seen hack in action.
In RTCW it was LEGS...those revealed the ones that were using speedhack.
Then some smartass fixed the hack...
Of course that could be "just an odd happening", I doubt that.

MotherGoose wrote:

Hmm....are you sure that YOU have your game still in "original" format ? You have not "tweaked" some graphics configs...? Or used some "external help software"...?
I'm not saying that you have, just curious...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

BudRell wrote:

MotherGoose wrote:

If you ment that you see other players running like that, then you have possibly seen hack in action.
In RTCW it was LEGS...those revealed the ones that were using speedhack.
Then some smartass fixed the hack...
Of course that could be "just an odd happening", I doubt that.
No, that's just what happens when you are revived without a kit nearby. You end up with no weapon and the game freaks out a little bit and puts you into odd poses with no weapon.

BudRell wrote:

MotherGoose wrote:

Hmm....are you sure that YOU have your game still in "original" format ? You have not "tweaked" some graphics configs...? Or used some "external help software"...?
I'm not saying that you have, just curious...
This, also, is just a bug you see once in a while.
*FBK*OMEGA
+0|6764
Mine all loaded fine, but some of the awards and ribbons I had before are gone and some that I've earned have never shown up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard