liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6642|UK
I don't know anyone that doesn't believe in Evolution.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6617
i don't believe in evolution.
It is still a theory!

Last edited by {B-T}<babacanosh> (2009-02-02 14:27:42)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

i don't believe in evolution.
It is still a theory!
Yes you do. Now get back in line.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6617
i do not believe in it, so too bad!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX
Thats a misleading headline, half believe its true or probably true.
The other half don't believe it or don't know, so less than 50% believe its untrue.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
Hmmm... I have a question.

Exactly how many of these creationists were old earth as opposed to young-earth creationists? It's the latter which is what everyone means, but I can easily see someone believing in evolution but calling themselves creationist. And then there's nametag, too. A lot of people know a bit about the theory (yes, theory, but the issue here is that almost no-one knows what 'theory' means), but how many will know the name?

Anyway. Whatever.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6660

FatherTed wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

..the fuck?

I understand USA, but UK?
I know not one person who does not believe in evolution.
Same
I reckon 2 I know 2 people actually in America rl people
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6168|what

blademaster wrote:

You don't know grammar.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

blademaster wrote:

You don't know grammar.
He's not even speaking American!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Zefar
+116|6665|Sweden
There STILL might be people in USA that believes the earth is flat.

But yea it's quite a feat to NOT believe in the evolution. Concidering that it's the most backed up scientific theory in the scientific community.
I have met plenty of creationism people who thinks the whole evolution is a hoax by the scientist which have been made by satan to lure christians away from god.

I even heard some that thinks atheist rules the world. >.> If we did it wouldn't be THIS bad.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

One of the ideas behind the poll is to analyze if the education given about the subject is good enough and apparantly it isn't when a group of 12% are unsure what it means and mix the three biggest categories together ...

More focus on both the religious and evolution aspects will make people take a clearer stand on this issue ... thinking back what we learned in school I understand many peoples doubts about the one or the other ...

And for those that wonder, yes I have been shown enough evidence to believe in evolution without being a scientist myself ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6123|Birmingham, UK

FatherTed wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

..the fuck?

I understand USA, but UK?
I know not one person who does not believe in evolution.
Same
Me too

I don't believe those stats
JahManRed
wank
+646|6643|IRELAND

I didn't know anyone who didn't believe in Darwinism until my friend found god at Christmas past. Not even the good kind of god, the Jehovah Witness type of god. I told him he is entitled to his views but if he turns up with leaflets on my doorstep he will get the same treatment as the last lot.

Allot of Christians have a warped view. You ask them if they believe in Dinosaurs and the big bang, they say yes. You ask them if the believe that Adam and Eve existed and they also say yes. When you question the link they come out with that old christian favorite. "well who created the big bang then?" They have no theory, they have no evidence where the mass of gas and materials which went bang came from. Seams if there is any hole in a scientific theory they just stick god into the gap. At least scientists have have evidence to back up their claims. They provide a mass of literature on the facts. Personally, I would prefer to believe in books wrote today which thousands of scientists agree on and contribute to, than a book wrote 1000s of years ago which has been altered and edited to suit over the years.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6779|d
Lies, all lies.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)
This Briton doesn't believe in the Guardian.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Except Charlie Brookers column. I like that - but I just read it online.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6781|UK

S.Lythberg wrote:

confused about it?

the premise is fairly simple...
Evolution is highly complex. The premise of anything is fairly simple.

I believe it is the best answer, creationism is just a fairy tale.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)

Bertster7 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Except Charlie Brookers column. I like that - but I just read it online.
lol - google-ads strike again...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6700|United States of America

JahManRed wrote:

A lot of Christians have a warped view. You ask them if they believe in Dinosaurs and the big bang, they say yes. You ask them if the believe that Adam and Eve existed and they also say yes. When you question the link they come out with that old christian favorite. "well who created the big bang then?"
They're doing fine until the second question. They need to realize that you can still take the Bible as "the word of God" or whatever they wish, but it's not presented as a history book (in this day and age, at least). Even if there never existed such a person as Jesus, the words and parables are still relevant.
Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Excuse the pun...

God knows who took part in that survey, but I would guess the polsters were probably avoiding trying to get knifed on the street and stuck to little old ladies.

Darwin = win

All else = fail.

Kooda
Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

DesertFox- wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

A lot of Christians have a warped view. You ask them if they believe in Dinosaurs and the big bang, they say yes. You ask them if the believe that Adam and Eve existed and they also say yes. When you question the link they come out with that old christian favorite. "well who created the big bang then?"
They're doing fine until the second question. They need to realize that you can still take the Bible as "the word of God" or whatever they wish, but it's not presented as a history book (in this day and age, at least). Even if there never existed such a person as Jesus, the words and parables are still relevant.
Jesus did exist, no doubt about that fact ... if he was the son of God however is another story ... there actually were a lot of his kind at the same time but Jesus was by a good margin the most popular ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Varegg wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Jesus did exist, no doubt about that fact ... if he was the son of God however is another story ... there actually were a lot of his kind at the same time but Jesus was by a good margin the most popular ...
Woah....

There most certainly is room for doubt. Where is some firm evidence that Jesus existed?

There are no contempary accounts of him whatsoever. Second hand accounts written decades after his death by people who had never met him or anyone who had, are exceedingly vague, as you might expect.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-02-03 12:13:57)

Varegg
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

Bertster7 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Woah....

There most certainly is room for doubt. Where is some firm evidence that Jesus existed?
There is no hard evidence but to many stories from to many sources says the probability is much greater that he did exist that the opposite ... I firmly believe he existed but only as a normal human being and not the devine son of God ... normal is maybe not the right word, he must have been spectacular to find his way into the history books
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6597|SE London

Varegg wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Woah....

There is no hard evidence but to many stories from to many sources says the probability is much greater that he did exist that the opposite ... I firmly believe he existed but only as a normal human being and not the devine son of God ... normal is maybe not the right word, he must have been spectacular to find his way into the history books
In which non-Christian sources can you find stories about Jesus?

He found his way into history books because the Christians were a cult rapidly rising to prominence and so the historians mentioned him based on the accounts of these Christians - which are not reliable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard