beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

Do artillary kills still count in 1.03?  And if so do they count for the weapon you're hold/vehicle you're in, like they did in 1.02?
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
i dont think they do, i was told they count to command points only. so no more getting 20 arty kills to get u vet combat badge, makes sense to me
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6833|Toronto, Canada
I got vet engineer combat using artillery on wake island. I only shot one guy (was hanging out by the american artillery), and got it mid way through the round during an arty strike where  I got 2 or 3 guys.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
I got my Veteran Spec Ops by being commander and getting over 20 kills with Artillery and since I only killed three guys with my gun, I do believe Artillery still counts. Also I was playing on a EA official West Coast server when this happened so it's not a server glitch.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-08 19:46:21)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6820|Australia
it wont show up on the scoreboard though.
r00fus
+2|6784
pretty sure it counts towards the badges, but not on the scoreboard.  Ill check if it counts towards kills right now, ill repost in about an hour after i play a round to test it.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
thx for clearing that up
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

r00fus wrote:

pretty sure it counts towards the badges, but not on the scoreboard.  Ill check if it counts towards kills right now, ill repost in about an hour after i play a round to test it.
excellent; the commander4life is going to do some trials.
r00fus
+2|6784
i did about three rounds, but since the stats are so lagged out i cant tell.  my score has updated but it hasnt changed my amount of kills even when i get them on the ground.

edit: wait, i was looking at the ratio...sorry ive been playing since noon

Last edited by r00fus (2005-10-08 21:41:30)

r00fus
+2|6784
Nope, doesnt look like you get credit for the points under the class that you play as but i havent checked if it goes under your overall kills somehow.
ArkAng37
+1|6837|San Antonio, TX
The kills dont count agenst you like they did before. Which im glad about. Makes it easier not to lose commander points! I got my vet resppuly, Good conduct metal, and my vet commander while being commander. I didnt get enough kills with the arty to see if the arty kills does or doesnt count for kills while being a sertain kit.
88mm
+8|6798
My experience:

1. The Commander kills do not show up on the score board.

2. They do (??) show up in your stats (your total kills). I went from a kill streak of 32 to 33, and that could only be due to artillery.

3. I was strangely enough credited with 1 (one) kill on my score in a round. Perhaps this was some kind of indirect damage brought about by the artillery....?

4. You score is not lowered in any way by teamkills. This will not exactly improve Commander skills!

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
r00fus
+2|6784
yep, unless im hallucinating, which very well could be, the artillery kills count towards your global kills.  COMMANDERS REJOICE!

In response to the preceding post about 1 kill being awarded...if you hit an lav or btr with an artillery shell and it catches on fire and kills him a few seconds later, you get a kill.

Last edited by r00fus (2005-10-09 03:42:38)

Doyley
+1|6800|Australia
Just curious, when you are commander, and you drop a supply crate near someone, and they get more ammo/health, does that count towards your medic/resupply badges???
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6786|Canberra, Australia
No points for Resupply/Medic, but it does go towards your team points....

I also shot 1 person and got my Vet Sniper Badge as Commander.
[Sixwinter]dDG
+0|6765|WV
I'm not really sure on the whole situation with artilery kills. I know that you could get the badges in the previous version... but I'm not sure about 1.03 since I usually don't play much as commander anymore (the decision to give Spec Ops points for destroying strategic objects makes life hell for commanders now) but I think there was some kind of reduction in the number of points that the commander gets from artilery kills.

Even before the patch it was a little bit iffy to try and get badges like that... well... for me at least. Let me sum it up like this; I won the Basic Assault Combat Badge FOUR TIMES before I actually got it. I believe a couple of them were with the artilery as well. Ah well, I guess it's only fair to make people actually get kills with the kit rather than take the easy way out with artilery.

Oh, and this is my first post on BF2S Forums, though I've been using the site stats and UBAR ever since I got the game. Excellent work to the guys that gathered the stats for ribbons, ranks, ect.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
ok so wat do we have solid atm,

1. you get team points for heals and resuplies from supply drops.
2. Kills dont count to your in game kill total but you get commander points
3. Arty kills teammates but you dont get TK minus points

does that sound right?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6780|England
Yesterday I updated/checked my stats in the morning, made a note of the global kills then went on a server and immediately became commander, I camped at a safe location at spawn and by the end of the round I’d got around 10 kills with artillery (I counted when I got them), then after the round ended I left the server and waited for my stats to update before playing again, and I can confirm without any doubt whatsoever that artillery kills DO count, they just don’t show up on the scoreboard.
I also made a note of the kills for the weapon I was holding while commander and the Kit that I was, and can also confirm that the kills do not show up for these, it is just the global kills that are increased.
88mm
+8|6798

Kobrakai wrote:

Yesterday I updated/checked my stats in the morning, made a note of the global kills then went on a server and immediately became commander, I camped at a safe location at spawn and by the end of the round I’d got around 10 kills with artillery (I counted when I got them), then after the round ended I left the server and waited for my stats to update before playing again, and I can confirm without any doubt whatsoever that artillery kills DO count, they just don’t show up on the scoreboard.
Thank you for this information.

Kobrakai wrote:

I also made a note of the kills for the weapon I was holding while commander and the Kit that I was, and can also confirm that the kills do not show up for these, it is just the global kills that are increased.
Are u absolutely sure about this? I got my Vet Assault while being a Commander. I have not played this kit much. Doubt if I ever got 20 kills in a round with it. I could possibly have have gotten it because I got over 15h as this Kit, though....

Strange.....

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6833|Scotland!
Yeah, thats that sorted.

For Example, i got my Basic Repair one as Commander.  I repaired the arty loads of times.  I never got any points for it, so i was pretty surprised when i got teh Award.  Fairly sure same goes for kills.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

i guess as commander ONLY team points are shown on the score board. All your driver special abilities, arty kills etc, DO count towards your global but don't appear. Hmmm... But shouldn't commanders get SOME sort of points for actual kills? I'd be satisfied with even 0.25 EACH.

I like commanding while gunning for my mate (who happens to be a kickass chopper pilot) so it makes commanding so simple since i just sit in while he takes everything and anything out and i only pop by for the occasional tv. It doesn't hamper ordering squads around, supporting squads in anyway whatsoever so that's no issue.

But shouldn't I get points for kills from my 1337 tv skillz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard